Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    I have finally been able to buy a PS5 here in the UK. After trying for so many months but always getting out of stock messages, I was finally able to get a console (the new bundle with Horizon Forbidden West)! Received it yesterday and did the full backup from the PS4 to the PS5 with an ethernet cable - quick, easy and seamless.
    I still haven't got one, but it's also increasingly hard to care - except that my PS4 is falling apart.

A Friend of mine in Cleveland was able to get a PS5 on Friday at a gamestop near him. They got a limited number in. He lucked out because he went to see some old PS4 games he had and got there before work right as they opened. He asked when they were getting the 5 in and they said got them in selling them right now.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The PS5 price increase is gonna hit several countries. Making the system even harder now to get as crazy as it sounds....
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The PS5 price increase is gonna hit several countries. Making the system even harder now to get as crazy as it sounds....
    Every country but the USA will get a price increase, U-S-A! U-S-A! Sony must have seen all the money scalpers were making and thought they could afford to raise the price.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The price hike already hit the US if you ask me. For the last few months only the Horizon bundle has been available and that's an extra $50

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The price hike already hit the US if you ask me. For the last few months only the Horizon bundle has been available and that's an extra $50
    I think that depends on your opinion of Horizon Forbidden West. I haven't played it yet. If you have, can you tell us if it's a deal.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

It's pretty good IMO. Also lots of stuff to do and explore. Also answers a few hanging threads from the first game, such as what became of Ted Faro. Does help if you've played the Outer Wilds expansion though (As the AI responsible for manufacturing machines becomes important) New features also include new weapons but most importantly is the Shield wing which functions as a glider/parachute, making it easier to get off of mountains or not die if you miss a step-although it kind of borrowed that from it's competitor Zelda Breath of the Wild.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

My PS5 is the bundle with HFW but I haven't played the original one yet, so I'll eventually have to get around to doing that first (so many games though...)

I think a couple of things that have impressed me about the PS5 are the colors/ screens, they look just so much more crisp than on the PS4, and the loading times - I notice in games like Mortal Kombat XI that the loading times are much faster vs. the PS4.

My PS5 is the bundle with HFW but I haven't played the original one yet, so I'll eventually have to get around to doing that first (so many games though...)

I think a couple of things that have impressed me about the PS5 are the colors/ screens, they look just so much more crisp than on the PS4, and the loading times - I notice in games like Mortal Kombat XI that the loading times are much faster vs. the PS4.
    Almost all PS5 games should load faster than their PS4 counterparts

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Almost all PS5 games should load faster than their PS4 counterparts
    Yeah. I guessed I never really cared for loading times - until I immediately saw a big difference/ improvement in the PS5 vs. PS4.

I am factory resetting my PS4 as we speak, as I've sold it on eBay. With the PS5 being able to run almost everything from the previous generation it didn't make much sense to keep the PS4 around.

Yeah it definitely helps to play the original first, as well as it's one DLC as it's a fairly complex story (It's basically a robot post-apocalypse but there's a lot of extra added twists). You can probably get a "complete edition" with the base game and DLC relatively cheap now.

HZD actually had a pretty long loading time on the PS4 but it and it's sequel are near instantaneous on the 5.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

It was announced today that Sony has bought half of a 30% stake into Form Software. The company behind Eldin Ring.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2022/08...-from-software

Sony has been making minor acquisitions the past week as well. Haven Studios (a new company) was bought as they prepare their 1st release that will be a live service game. They also acquired Savage Games Studio that they plan to bolster their mobile services.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

There's rumors today that Horizon Zero Dawn will be getting a PS5 remaster. Probably just a cosmetic one like Spider-Man/Ghosts of Tsushima/Uncharted 4 etc. rather than a full remake like TLOU.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    There's rumors today that Horizon Zero Dawn will be getting a PS5 remaster. Probably just a cosmetic one like Spider-Man/Ghosts of Tsushima/Uncharted 4 etc. rather than a full remake like TLOU.
    Im not sure it even make sense to do that. It already got a PS5 patch and looks and runs fine. It's almost on par with Horizon 2. I honestly dont see what they can do to improve it.

Spiderman wasnt simply cosmetic. The game ran at 60 fps which a significant improvement to the gameplay. Horizon on PS5 already has that. https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfou...gh-on-flawless

Ya, seems like a cash grab. I think they are testing how far they can exploit consumers with "remasters" and "remakes".