Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Not even ONE Crash game? No sale for me ... that's kinda like NES not having Mario. But there's Twisted Metal and Syphon Filter (I played 2 more but still a great game). Long range taser FTW.
    To be fair they just released a redone Crash series as we saw on PS4 last year. I'm guessing they thought , well we just redone that for the PS4 , no need to do it here.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    To be fair they just released a redone Crash series as we saw on PS4 last year. I'm guessing they thought , well we just redone that for the PS4 , no need to do it here.
    A Crash game should still be on there as it helped define the system.

The game list of games for the PSone is terrible. There's a couple of games that do not belong there. Why is Rainbow Six and the original GTA on there? Those games are more associated with PC. Destruction Derby should be dropped for WipeOut or Gran Turismo. Mr. Driller I don't understand, Twisted Metal should have been the second game.

Crash and Tomb Raider defined the system ...

That's like not putting Mario or Zelda on the NES classic ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    A Crash game should still be on there as it helped define the system.

The game list of games for the PSone is terrible. There's a couple of games that do not belong there. Why is Rainbow Six and the original GTA on there? Those games are more associated with PC. Destruction Derby should be dropped for WipeOut or Gran Turismo. Mr. Driller I don't understand, Twisted Metal should have been the second game.
    Crash and Tomb Raider defined the system ...

That's like not putting Mario or Zelda on the NES classic ...

There is talk that rights issues could be at play regarding some games not being part of the PS Classic and as someone on a video (I think The Know) Sony then didn't have many strong IP's they could control. Nintendo itself controls its IP's as we know and had those Mario and Zelda games. Sony really didn't at the time. They brought up that Sony since the PS3 era has worked on developing many of its own IP's and grew that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I have PlayStation 3 and here is the list of the games I like most:
    - Dark Souls
    - Fallout 3 (postapocalyptic games are awesome!)
    - Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (one of the best Tolkien-based games ever)
    - Lego Marvel's Avengers
    - Mortal Combat (a good way to relax)
    I also try following the newest releases and updates, even installed PlayStation app for that purpose.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

It is funny. I had the PS 1 and PS 2 and loved them. Then Sony got really stupid and priced the PS 3 so high I switched over to X-Box 360. Then Microsoft does the same stupid thing Sony did and priced the X-Box1 so high I switched back to Sony and the PS 4. Seeing what Microsoft has been focusing on I am glad I switched back to Sony.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    It is funny. I had the PS 1 and PS 2 and loved them. Then Sony got really stupid and priced the PS 3 so high I switched over to X-Box 360. Then Microsoft does the same stupid thing Sony did and priced the X-Box1 so high I switched back to Sony and the PS 4. Seeing what Microsoft has been focusing on I am glad I switched back to Sony.
    Well Microsoft has started buying studios to try and get things rolling for the next generation. They are playing massive catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Well Microsoft has started buying studios to try and get things rolling for the next generation. They are playing massive catch up.
    They got mid-tier RPG-lite studios.

That's not really a niche that needs to be filled.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

They got mid-tier RPG-lite studios.

That's not really a niche that needs to be filled.
    Sadly they have to start somewhere at some thing to get Exclusives set for that next generation. Because they have fallen so far. I mean at one point it was said they had under 10 studios doing games and that they nearly crippled a few others by not releasing games. One studio went to Sony and released a game saving their studio after Microsoft screwed them over.

Right now they are trying to get that next generation set. But its a hell of a climb ahead.

Sadly they have to start somewhere at some thing to get Exclusives set for that next generation. Because they have fallen so far. I mean at one point it was said they had under 10 studios doing games and that they nearly crippled a few others by not releasing games. One studio went to Sony and released a game saving their studio after Microsoft screwed them over.

Right now they are trying to get that next generation set. But its a hell of a climb ahead.
    Alan Wake Season 2.

Max Payne 4.

2 system sellers they already own.

M$'s problem isn't the exclusives, it's whose in charge of the gaming side this generation.

Halo and Forza aren't going to get everybody moving anymore.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Alan Wake Season 2.

Max Payne 4.

M$'s problem isn't the exclusives, it's whose in charge of the gaming side this generation.

Max Payne is a Rockstar IP

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Max Payne is a Rockstar IP
    Remedy is getting their IP back.

But ...

BUT!

They said P7 is not Max Payne 4.

Alan Wake Season 2.

Max Payne 4.

Exclusives are a problem. They have shuttered studios working on Exclusives as they ended the studio working on Fable . They suddenly killed the studio over disagreements over online play. They stopped Scalebound over issues with that studio. In all if you limit the number of studios making games for your system that is exclusive it hurts. Sony has sold well because they have more studios at hand to deliver.... God of War , Spider-Man , Uncharted , etc.

They have more ready to roll. Microsoft ran their games division like idiots and then watched as they only had 2 exclusives for 2018 essentially and both crashed and burned within days as players didn't take to them.

Exclusives are a problem. They have shuttered studios working on Exclusives as they ended the studio working on Fable . They suddenly killed the studio over disagreements over online play. They stopped Scalebound over issues with that studio. In all if you limit the number of studios making games for your system that is exclusive it hurts. Sony has sold well because they have more studios at hand to deliver.... God of War , Spider-Man , Uncharted , etc.

They have more ready to roll. Microsoft ran their games division like idiots and then watched as they only had 2 exclusives for 2018 essentially and both crashed and burned within days as players didn't take to them.
    That's still a management problem. M$ needs an overhaul on that side of things.

Well in big Playstation news , the company has claimed they are skipping E3 2019 this coming year. That they don't plan to come there. A lot are stunned at this announcement. But it seems they are gearing for 2020.

- There is rumors that Sony has 10 Playstation 5 games in development right now.

- The PS5 will likely be what they are gearing towards.

- Last year Sony kinda admitted they really didn't have much to show and they didn't want a repeat of that.