Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well according to a new rumor someone posted online ....

- Sony plans the PS5 for March 2020 and will announce it next year.

- Various titles are being pushed for PS5 and there is talk of 10-12 titles at launch.

- Developers are testing Anthem out on PS5 .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Not even ONE Crash game? No sale for me ... that's kinda like NES not having Mario. But there's Twisted Metal and Syphon Filter (I played 2 more but still a great game). Long range taser FTW.
    This should have really come out last year.

Probably the reason we didn't get any Spyro or Crash Bandicoot was because they were getting full remasters.

Put in Crash 1, Spyro 1 and Crash Team Racing and that roster looks a lot better.

Doesn't help that for 99 bucks you can buy a used PS3 and play all the PS 1 and PS 3 games you can get your hands on.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    This should have really come out last year.

Probably the reason we didn't get any Spyro or Crash Bandicoot was because they were getting full remasters.

Put in Crash 1, Spyro 1 and Crash Team Racing and that roster looks a lot better.

Doesn't help that for 99 bucks you can buy a used PS3 and play all the PS 1 and PS 3 games you can get your hands on.
    Crash, Sypro, Syphon Filter, Tomb Raider, Tekken, Ridge Racer, 2Xtreme, Twisted Metal, Jumping Flash ... Rayman, MGS, FF7, X-COM, those come mind for me from my PSX days (before they started calling the PS1).

I understand about the remasters but still ... no Crash, Sypro, or Tomb Raider. Weird.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Beyond the issues with the Playstation Classic ; Sony is very happy with the PS4 as the system sold over 1+ million units for Black Friday. Sony had a special bundle going on with Spider-Man for $200 bucks and it moved it well. This pushed the lifetime sales of PS4 past the PS3's sales. Right now PS4 has sold near 90+ million units thus far.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

With talks of the PS5 coming in the next year or two ...sales of PS4 finally slowed down after nearly 6+ years of release. This quarter saw them only move 8.1 million units ...down from last year.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...ts/2742274002/

Its said that PS4 according to this is slowly catching up to the original PS1 sales wise which had 102+ million in sales figures.

So it appears the big talk the last week is the news Sony has filed a new patent that hints at the PS5 being backwards compatible. How backwards playable will it be as a system ? No one really knows as the system hints still keep coming out. A big dream people have of the system is it will allow you to play PS3 and PS4 games.

So in big shocking news ...reports are Sony is under talks to acquire 2KGames which is...Rocksteady and those divisions in an all cash deal.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...uying-take-two

Everyone is stunned if Sony pulls this off as the next GTA and other games would become Sony exclusive games.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So in big shocking news ...reports are Sony is under talks to acquire 2KGames which is...Rocksteady and those divisions in an all cash deal.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...uying-take-two

Everyone is stunned if Sony pulls this off as the next GTA and other games would become Sony exclusive games.
    Bioshock 4 would be a big deal too. And I guess 2K hasn't made a baseball game in a while, but has anyone else made a baseball game for XBox?

I think this would work out for Rockstar maybe. I think the Housers want to concentrate on the stories they want to tell, and all the online stuff and just extra nonsense thrown around the maps in GTA and RDR are basically there to make what are essentialy AAA passion projects profitable enough to fund the next one.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Borderlands being a PlayStation exclusive series would sadden me. I enjoy playing those games on PC.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Given that Sony are most willing to let Single Player games dominate seeing some kind of GTA style single player driven game from Take Two exclusive to the next Sony console would be interesting. I can't quite see them letting GTA become a console exclusive series if they had a choice though...

Well Sony has denied they are buying Take 2 now. They came out yesterday and claim that they aren't buying the company.

https://venturebeat.com/2019/03/14/s...aker-take-two/

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So it appears the big talk the last week is the news Sony has filed a new patent that hints at the PS5 being backwards compatible. How backwards playable will it be as a system ? No one really knows as the system hints still keep coming out. A big dream people have of the system is it will allow you to play PS3 and PS4 games.
    When 10TB hard drives get down to $140 bucks I will want a PS5 so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    And I guess 2K hasn't made a baseball game in a while, but has anyone else made a baseball game for XBox?.
    Super Mega Baseball and Super Mega Baseball 2 are the best baseball games I've played in a long time. Too bad they couldn't get a license for the second one. They're acrade style (especially #1) but have really fun and deep customization tools that make it really fun.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    It is funny. I had the PS 1 and PS 2 and loved them. Then Sony got really stupid and priced the PS 3 so high I switched over to X-Box 360. Then Microsoft does the same stupid thing Sony did and priced the X-Box1 so high I switched back to Sony and the PS 4. Seeing what Microsoft has been focusing on I am glad I switched back to Sony.

I feel like the PS3 is criminally underrated
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-Men with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Bioshock 4 would be a big deal too. And I guess 2K hasn't made a baseball game in a while, but has anyone else made a baseball game for XBox?

I think this would work out for Rockstar maybe. I think the Housers want to concentrate on the stories they want to tell, and all the online stuff and just extra nonsense thrown around the maps in GTA and RDR are basically there to make what are essentialy AAA passion projects profitable enough to fund the next one.
    GTA Online has made Rockstar so much money that the Shareholders will eat them alive if they try to put out a game that doesn't have an online component.

I'm just surprised RDR Online didn't just go full on Battle Royale mode only.