Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    *Checks Sony's ridiculous online deals right now and exclusive game library*

Nope. Sony is doing just fine.
    Tell that to the UK who had folks complaining it was hours . Some even saying it was morning when it began. Lucky for North America it seems to be fixed for most part.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

This details the list of outages and map details the worst areas. Europe and UK seem to have been hit worse by this latest issue.

https://downdetector.com/status/playstation-network
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

All-New Member

With the free PSN game of the month being Batman: Arkham Knight I've had fun going through it again (sold it after completing it 4 years ago). Anybody else enjoying another play through?

In surprise Sony news , them and Disney aren't the only companies trying to reach a new deal. Sony and Facebook are now locked in a struggle to get a new contract done as the FB intergration feature will be on pause til its done. That means an update this week will stop you from sharing photos , videos and more from Playstation to FB.

https://kotaku.com/the-ps4-no-longer...ook-1838854829

This morning Playstation dropped the big one.....PS5 is coming in Holiday of 2020. Its coming folks and the world will never be the same. Plus were getting new controllers.

what a weird way to announce it. I guess gone are the days of being big events out of this

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Which means I will probably be picking mine up around Fall 2022 or sometime in 2023. Never ideal to get a console day one when the game library is more limited and the risks of console breaks are higher. Though I gather the PS5 is finally gonna be backwards compatible so yay for that.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    what a weird way to announce it. I guess gone are the days of being big events out of this
    Sony likely saving an event for when they have something to show.

A twitter user who has broken news about Last of Us 2 and more details the last year has posted that people need to hold onto their PS1 , PS2 , PS3 and PS4 games right now with PS5 coming. There is talk Sony plans to make the system backwards compatible with all their old systems to play games.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Which means I will probably be picking mine up around Fall 2022 or sometime in 2023. Never ideal to get a console day one when the game library is more limited and the risks of console breaks are higher. Though I gather the PS5 is finally gonna be backwards compatible so yay for that.
    Always wait for SLIM. Let the kids have the fat ones.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    A twitter user who has broken news about Last of Us 2 and more details the last year has posted that people need to hold onto their PS1 , PS2 , PS3 and PS4 games right now with PS5 coming. There is talk Sony plans to make the system backwards compatible with all their old systems to play games.
    Would be nice. Been hearing that "wish" since PS2. Selling millions of $60+ games is the lifeblood to the success of each new system.

Extraordinary Member

So in a major blow to Sony's reputation right at the end of E3 , across the UK and America ...Playstation Network has went bonkers and is down. Showing an insane error message and users are pissed. Sony claims they are investigating the issue but as of right now , its been hours since it began.
    You probably already know that the PSN network is like DDOSers favorite target. Like hacking PSN must be
    some kind of rite of passage, I think.

Maybe it's Sony's fault but they have a history of being screwed with by outside entities.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    You probably already know that the PSN network is like DDOSers favorite target. Like hacking PSN must be
    some kind of rite of passage, I think.

Maybe it's Sony's fault but they have a history of being screwed with by outside entities.
    Sony is going on a decade plus with the network. They have to get it together really. And with Playstation Now a big deal they are pushing (you can play hundreds of PS3 and PS4 games online now) , they can't let this keep going. I remember when it went down Christmas 2014 I believe and folks were PISSED. Because many kids had gotten a system at Christmas and it went through issues.

Today Sony and Naughty Dog announced "Last of Us 2" was delayed again til May 2020. Sony has a couple exclusives lined up through 2020 and this is considered the BIG ONE and its no shock they are giving Naughty Dog as much time to get it finished as possible.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Today Sony and Naughty Dog announced "Last of Us 2" was delayed again til May 2020. Sony has a couple exclusives lined up through 2020 and this is considered the BIG ONE and its no shock they are giving Naughty Dog as much time to get it finished as possible.
    There's a rumor that Last of Us 2 delay pushed back Ghost of Tsushima as Sony doesn't want their two major releases be close to each other.

Sooo, 400 bucks for the digital only PS5 and 100 more for the regular one.

That's fine by me, i'm getting a 400 one for sure.