Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I do like how Venditti is slowly bringing elements back into the fold. Each issue highlights a different part of his corner of the universe. I imagine his better half is probably being saved for last. Really enjoying this so far and hoping it has a long run ahead of it.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Not really . . . but I now apologize to you (sort of) each time I use them.
    I can take it!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I do like how Venditti is slowly bringing elements back into the fold. Each issue highlights a different part of his corner of the universe. I imagine his better half is probably being saved for last. Really enjoying this so far and hoping it has a long run ahead of it.
    Agreed. Another great issue.

Boisterously Confused

The story is good. I still hope there are plans for Carter Hall outside running from adventure to adventure, and I'm still not a fan of the disappearing wings, even if they do get caught on door jambs.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I love this book. Things are getting WILD. All that crazy death from above! What's a Hawkman to do??

Really rad issue.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 09-16-2018 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I love this book. Things are getting WILD. All that crazy death from above! What's a Hawkman to do??

Really rad issue.
    Enjoying the book but where's the references to the Golden Age?
    I see everyone's fate but my own. Sometimes that scares me. But when I see the future of someone such as yourself, I believe in tomorrow again

Staff writer at www.impulsegamer.com

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    Enjoying the book but where's the references to the Golden Age?
    In issue two when he goes back to ancient Egypt and meets Prince Khufu.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

I do like how Venditti is slowly bringing elements back into the fold.
    Very slowly. In four issues the main character has fought a cool looking animated golem, himself, a dinosaur and himself. I wouldn't mind a few side missions where he fought actual NAMED bad guys.
    Being a "Person of Interest" doesn't make you an interesting person.

Quote Originally Posted by Ropeburn View Post
    Very slowly. In four issues the main character has fought a cool looking animated golem, himself, a dinosaur and himself. I wouldn't mind a few side missions where he fought actual NAMED bad guys.
    I don't want that right now, I'm fine with Venditti letting Hawkman do his own thing. Supervillains will eventually show up, hopefully some new with the old, but the biggest missing piece so far is addressing his better half and the JSA. At least in my reading experience.

I don't want that right now, I'm fine with Venditti letting Hawkman do his own thing. Supervillains will eventually show up, hopefully some new with the old, but the biggest missing piece so far is addressing his better half and the JSA. At least in my reading experience.
    I'm on the same page. While I agree there's been some padding, I don't think introducing a big bad, especially an iconic one in the way of Shadow Thief or Gentleman Ghost, is warranted or really even wanted, at least not by me.

On the issue of Hawkgirl: I think Venditti's saving her for the climax. A lot of fans are begging for it, and I think he knows that. No better mic-drop for a near-perfect first arc than having her show up at the end, I think. That's my hope, anyway.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    I'm on the same page. While I agree there's been some padding, I don't think introducing a big bad, especially an iconic one in the way of Shadow Thief or Gentleman Ghost, is warranted or really even wanted, at least not by me.

On the issue of Hawkgirl: I think Venditti's saving her for the climax. A lot of fans are begging for it, and I think he knows that. No better mic-drop for a near-perfect first arc than having her show up at the end, I think. That's my hope, anyway.
    "Showing up" is one thing. Restoring The Winged Wonders is another

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post

Unless DC editorial or Snyder prevents it, I do feel that's where it's going as well. Save her for last. It makes the most sense poetically, but we'll see if that's what's going to happen or not.