Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I’ll do you one better:

I can safely say that there’s not a single non-comic book fan whose even aware DC still makes animated movies.
    The Adam West Batman animated films got some people who aren't comic readers interested but yeah usually outside of the theater releases Titans Go for example the DC animated films are off non comic fans radars.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

actually..........give a damn about the stories and characters they have and stop trying to compete with Marvel.

better yet, learn from the arrow-verse and see how to do a proper shared universe.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I'll give you the "badly conceived" part as subjective, but "poorly made" isn't an opinion.
    To you it's not but others disagree with your opinion on the matter....

I’ll do you one better:

I can safely say that there’s not a single non-comic book fan whose even aware DC still makes animated movies.
    Well it's not like other CB animated movies are more mainstream compared to DC.

Teen Titans Go! had a budget of $10 million making about $48 million worldwide.

I don't know why the budget was so high considering its the same cheap animation they use on the show, but I guess people got to get paid (that usually does't account for marketing either.

Still movie did about as well as you'd expect.

The Justice League movie had about a $300 million budget not including marketing
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    In yet every film they had made a profit. The worst performing one still broke 600 million.
    Man of Steel
    Budget: 225 million USD
    Box office: 668 million USD

Antman
    Budget 169 milion
    Box office $519.3 million.

You can't just go the films made a profit,The "who" in conversation matters. Your point is true about Suicide Squad maybe everything else not so much. Batman, Superman and Justice League are properties that should make a billion. When Superman and Antman is doing the same numbers something is wrong

They need to push what makes them unique.

BANNED

I’ll do you one better:

Stores around here do not carry them, I know that much. I have looked.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    To you it's not but others disagree with your opinion on the matter....
    Again, "poorly made" is not an opinion. By any objective measure, it was a poorly made film. Many people liked it anyway, which is fine, but suggesting it was not poorly made is just factually wrong.

And no, I'm not going to try to use this forum to give a course on filmmaking fundamentals 101.

Extraordinary Member

I’ll do you one better:

Hmmm not sure about that. They sell those movies at Wal mart where I'm at and that's a pretty broad base. But not like it matters really. I think if those dc animated were live action dc fans would complain about them too.

Again, "poorly made" is not an opinion. By any objective measure, it was a poorly made film. Many people liked it anyway, which is fine, but suggesting it was not poorly made is just factually wrong.

And no, I'm not going to try to use this forum to give a course on filmmaking fundamentals 101.
    Of course Justice League is a "poorly made" film. It's savagely edited, barely has room to breathe, has a watered down, punch-em-up villain and plot, and was slashed to make sure the running time came up right beneath the two-hour mark by a nose hair to maximize showings because WB knew they had a dud on their hands. They also bled the budget threshold by an undisclosed amount, authorizing wholesale scene reshoots and VFX do-overs at Joss' behest, none of which made any sense in the grand scheme of things (like that Russian family, and ghastly dialogue revisions).

So the next time you think Joss Whedon walking on to a project sounds viable, look what happened there. All the good stuff's Zack's, and that's not an opinion.
    Last edited by Calighoula; 09-18-2018 at 06:24 PM.

That's still just your opinion no matter how much you want it to be fact or how many say the same thing as you no one is saying they are perfect but lots of people may and do disagree with your opinion no matter how much you try to force it sorry.

BANNED

That's still just your opinion no matter how much you want it to be fact or how many say the same thing as you no one is saying they are perfect but lots of people may and do disagree with your opinion no matter how much you try to force it .
    Many deny facts. Doesn't make them opinions.

Many deny facts. Doesn't make them opinions.
    Your opinion on a movie is never going to be a fact.

BANNED

Your opinion on a movie is never going to be a fact.
    No it's not. But are not talking about an opinion here.