Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Default Black Adam Suggestion

A thought occurred to me.

Could Black Adam have modern day followers? I mean, at least in New 52, he’s a Kahndqi king of legend. It would seem to me that is King Arther came back, and there was complete proof it was him (as Adam’s powers would be), some people would start to follow him. Not everyone, perhaps only a minority, but some would come. Considering he’s always appeared as a solo act (aside from Isis and Amon), it would be a new angle.

This could work as both a Shazam minor antagonist set or as support in Black Adam’s own book.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post
    A thought occurred to me.

Could Black Adam have modern day followers? I mean, at least in New 52, he’s a Kahndqi king of legend. It would seem to me that is King Arther came back, and there was complete proof it was him (as Adam’s powers would be), some people would start to follow him. Not everyone, perhaps only a minority, but some would come. Considering he’s always appeared as a solo act (aside from Isis and Amon), it would be a new angle.

This could work as both a Shazam minor antagonist set or as support in Black Adam’s own book.

What do you think?
    N52 definitely set up what kind of ruler he would be, and the type who would "follow"/serve him.

Although he is defeated at the end, we know he is coming back.
    If the upcoming SHAZAM! ongoing are a success, hopefully we can get some spin-off books.
    And a Teth Adam anti-hero book, could definitely be one of them, resurrected by his true followers, in his home world Kahndaq, he would want to spread his reign across the globe.
    Would love to see it!
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-14-2018 at 05:36 AM.

Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

[IMG]hhttps://i.imgur.com/5GNHjfW.jpg?1[/IMG]

I’m not talking average people, I’m talking a Brotherhood of the Grail style subset who was devoted to serving their king.

I’d also have them be from Kahndaq, not America. To use my example from before, I’m not sure how many Americans would follow Arther, but I think they’d be mostly British. Or you could choose from almost any country. Most cultures have their own King in the Mountain stories, and some even still have devotees. Teth Adam would be Kahndaq’s.
    Last edited by SilverWarriorWolf; 09-14-2018 at 05:31 AM.

He's the type whose supposed benevolent reign would not stop at Kahndaq, or be satisfied with just those followers.
    Hence his pursuit of more power, which is pretty much the theme of the character.
    This is a guy who even though he thinks he is doing "right" by "freeing" his people, once he has it, can not let go of, or share power.
    That's the point.
    And yeah he'd come to the US and after Billy and his supposed "followers" to "free" them too.
    At least that's how he sees it.

Definitely would love to see him resurrected and set-up as ruler of Kahndaq in the new SHAZAM ongoing, and hopefully spun-off into his own anti-hero Black ADAM book.

With Johns guiding this franchise it's absolutely not over for Adam, especially with his own movie coming.
    (confirmed still in production - https://community.cbr.com/showthread...am#post3872467 )

There has been a great set-up so far, hopefully people jump on board the new run, and we get some spin-off expanding on all the SHAZAM! U characters, including Adam, and those who would follow him
    Would love to see it!
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-14-2018 at 06:06 AM.

Astonishing Member

Big fan of the Shazam mythos, so I would but into an adam book big style