Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by eye of all View Post
    Is this real? Am I dreaming?
    As much as I love this title, I wish this creative team would do an indie book.
    Fraction mentioned that as a possibility at some point. Given Hawkeye is wrapping, and Fraction's success at Image, I wouldn't be surprised to see it announced sooner than later.

All-New Member

Maybe Fraction could help out Aja by covering up the sign language with three pages describing how hard it is to do sign language, like that utterly pretentious sequence in Sex Criminals where he covered up the lyrics to Queen's song about how hard it was acquiring the rights to use those lyrics.

But Brian May reads Sex Criminals!!! Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by eye of all View Post
    As much as I love this title, I wish this creative team would do an indie book.
    Don't tease me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Really looking forward to this, sound very interesting and I liked it back when Clint was half-deaf.

The delays don't really matter to me, they're irrelevant in the long run. I'd rather have the creative team their time to craft issues like this instead of Marvel going for fill-ins.
    They've had fill-in artist after the first three issues.
    BB

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Maybe Fraction could help out Aja by covering up the sign language with three pages describing how hard it is to do sign language, like that utterly pretentious sequence in Sex Criminals where he covered up the lyrics to Queen's song about how hard it was acquiring the rights to use those lyrics.

But they couldn't get the rights. It was a last minute thing.

Mild-mannered journalist

This news made me happy until this thread informed me that the series is coming to a close.

Ugh, ideas are the worst.

BANNED

Deaf people and ideas. The worst.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by oldforce View Post
    Ugh, ideas are the worst.
    Ha ha no. It's the absence of an idea. It's not progressing the story. Much like, say, doing an issue in sign language or through the perspective of a dog's thought balloons, it's a cute visual gimmick. And, I get it, comics. And it's a neat little experiment. But if IDEAS are generally what drives storytelling, telling your audience about Brian May reading your comic does absolutely nothing for the story. But it does advance this whole indie aint-I-clever thing Fraction has been going for lately.

I like that you seem to have registered just to cut the dude down for doing work you don't like, instead of, I dunno... moving on with your life?

BANNED

Ha ha no. It's the absence of an idea. It's not progressing the story. Much like, say, doing an issue in sign language or through the perspective of a dog's thought balloons, it's a cute visual gimmick. And, I get it, comics. And it's a neat little experiment. But if IDEAS are generally what drives storytelling, telling your audience about Brian May reading your comic does absolutely nothing for the story. But it does advance this whole indie aint-I-clever thing Fraction has been going for lately.
    Last minute thing. Fraction played it cute.

Clearly no one has ever told a joke.

All-New Member

Okay I'm not really here to start a fight. I get that a lot of people like his current books and that's fine. Sometimes it's just like The Emperor's New Clothes and it's like no savvy reader is allowed to criticize the comic book darlings and it bugs me.

I'm done! I'm looking forward to this issue next week and I imagine it will be pretty neat.

The Emperor's New Clothes isn't the same thing as not liking the clothes he's actually wearing.

BANNED

Sorry we attacked your savviness.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Eisner Award bait. I wish that Aja would just put out 5 issues a year. They can be brilliant, but this issue almost seems like a parody of trying to be edgy