Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

We'll have to agree to disagree. I see teenage Annie as a poor man's Mayday. One had a long engaging story in which she slowly grew into a hero while the other was shoehorned into the position after a time skip before which she was frankly an annoying brat. I can't even count the number of people who have told me "RYV would be great if not for the character of Annie", both before and after the change in direction. I'm not against the concept of Annie rather I vehemently disagree with how the character was realized in RYV. There was so much wasted potential. We've never seen a still active Spider-Man either with or without a superpowered spouse raise a child with powers. That is the story they should have told with Annie but they got cold feet.
    Last edited by Celgress; 09-15-2018 at 07:34 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

I truly hope for the collection to continue once Spider-Geddon is over. And they better DO NOT dare to ruin this family like they did with MC2's Parker Family.

I really hope to see the reaction of Annie when she realizes that Mayday (MC2) is the older sister she could have had, but died.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    We'll have to agree to disagree. I see teenage Annie as a poor man's Mayday. One had a long engaging story in which she slowly grew into a hero while the other was shoehorned into the position after a time skip before which she was frankly an annoying brat. I can't even count the number of people who have told me "RYV would be great if not for the character of Annie", both before and after the change in direction. I'm not against the concept of Annie rather I vehemently disagree with how the character was realized in RYV. There was so much wasted potential. We've never seen a still active Spider-Man either with or without a superpowered spouse raise a child with powers. That is the story they should have told with Annie but they got cold feet.
    I can agree with you on the wasted potential aspect, and I'll respect your opinion on everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I truly hope for the collection to continue once Spider-Geddon is over. And they better DO NOT dare to ruin this family like they did with MC2's Parker Family.

I really hope to see the reaction of Annie when she realizes that Mayday (MC2) is the older sister she could have had, but died.
    Cosigned here.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I can agree with you on the wasted potential aspect, and I'll respect your opinion on everything else...
    And I also respect your opinion.

It is frustrating when one sees such wasted storytelling potential. Who knows maybe if they had more time the period would have been addressed via flashbacks for example in future issues? Skill, the time skip really put a damper on what could have been a unique series.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."