Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Preview: Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows#23 (Final Issue)

BANNED

Incredible Member

Why is Harry looking like Beavis (from MTV Beavis and Butthead) in the last panel??? LOL!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Why is Harry looking like Beavis (from MTV Beavis and Butthead) in the last panel??? LOL!
    That's not Harry, it's Normie.

You know, this preview brings up a very good point. Why exactly did Annie choose to hide her precog spider sense from her parents? It was kinda contrived that there was never an actual reason given especially when they’re superheroes.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You know, this preview brings up a very good point. Why exactly did Annie choose to hide her precog spider sense from her parents? It was kinda contrived that there was never an actual reason given especially when they’re superheroes.
    I'd agree with that question. That said, I'm all in my nostalgic feelings for seeing the X-Men playing baseball on the lawn (or in the backyard) of the mansion. If this series has done well with anything besides the family dynamic of Peter, MJ, and Annie, it's been the X-Men's appearances and their role in relation to the Spider-Family. Curious as to who some of the X-Men playing baseball are, as besides Logan, I recognize Jean Grey, her daughter Kate/Shine, and Nightcrawler, but not the others. Maybe they're just background students, but still . . . Also, color me curious as to what Normie's gonna do to try to help the Spider-Family and the X-Men battle Sinister and his army of genetically engineered spider-mutants.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'd agree with that question. That said, I'm all in my nostalgic feelings for seeing the X-Men playing baseball on the lawn (or in the backyard) of the mansion. If this series has done well with anything besides the family dynamic of Peter, MJ, and Annie, it's been the X-Men's appearances and their role in relation to the Spider-Family. Curious as to who some of the X-Men playing baseball are, as besides Logan, I recognize Jean Grey, her daughter Kate/Shine, and Nightcrawler, but not the others. Maybe they're just background students, but still . . . Also, color me curious as to what Normie's gonna do to try to help the Spider-Family and the X-Men battle Sinister and his army of genetically engineered spider-mutants.
    Maybe Normie developed some Goblin armor over the 8 years and will come in with the assist against Sinister.

Unhappy

To bad the series is being canceled. Part of me wishes Marvel would keep it around just for the version of the X-Men we see in it. They all seem so happy and well adjusted (expect Scott that stick in the mud).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Ever since the creative team change, that series became unreadable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    No it didn't.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    No it didn't.
    It suffered a great drop in the chart and i do not find these stories attractive.

BANNED

It suffered a great drop in the chart and i do not find these stories attractive.
    The art was largely what let it down, Houser improved as it went on.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The art was largely what let it down, Houser improved as it went on.
    One thing I don’t get with the art is Annie’s eyes with her mask on. Why does the artist keep drawing her eyes as visible through the mask when that’s never been the case for her? Sure it works for some characters like Ms. Marvel but it just looks really weird on Annie especially when the artist keeps switching between that and the blank eyes.

Sadly I must agree with you. Also, making RYV Spider-Girl 2.0 was a huge mistake in hindsight. The focus should have remained on the young family dynamic or Peter & MJ as a couple. Annie is not a unique enough or popular enough character to carry an ongoing as either the primary or even co-protagonist.
    Last edited by Celgress; 09-15-2018 at 11:50 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Maybe Normie developed some Goblin armor over the 8 years and will come in with the assist against Sinister.
    That could be it. Maybe he repurposes the Mecha Goblin as more of a powered armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    To bad the series is being canceled. Part of me wishes Marvel would keep it around just for the version of the X-Men we see in it. They all seem so happy and well adjusted (expect Scott that stick in the mud).
    Believe it or not, I felt bad for RYV Scott. Jean left him for Logan, Professor Xavier made Logan leader after Scott started disagreeing with Xavier's methods. Honestly, it's the second one that ought to sting more. Jean's a grown woman capable of making her own decisions and choices and as much as I ship Scott/Jean, Scott doesn't own her. But Xavier? Xavier was the closest damned thing to a good father Scott ever had, and just because they had a falling-out over methodology, Xavier made Logan the X-Men's field leader and even (I presume) headmaster of the school. That's more messed up to me, and the fact that we don't see him at all in the X-Men scenes after the time-skip . . . I'll admit, that has me somewhat worried after the savaging his character got over the last several years in 616/"Prime" canon. On a lighter note, I will be amused if Sinister comments at all about Jean and Logan being together and having kids, since he's been so hung up on Scott and Jean as the ideal genetic parents for "the ultimate mutant."

I do agree that the art following the time-skip could've been a lot better, and Annie, while likable enough as an eight-year-old, could've used some more space and time to develop as a character before making the series focus more on her. However, I do disagree with the idea that Annie isn't unique enough as a character; compared to other Spider-Offspring, she's a veteran who's been at the superhero thing, albeit under supervision, since she was eight years old and has had her powers all her life, as opposed to discovering/developing them as a teenager. Those aspects alone make her different from Mayday/Spider-Girl and if explored more could have made her more interesting and compelling as well. We get glimpses of that, in the form of teenage arrogance and overconfidence combined with formidable spider-powers potentially greater than her father's that leads her to assume she can handle more than she's actually prepared for and think her parents are just babying her, only to have her attempts to handle a situation on her own backfire. We can also see that she's prone to simplistic moral binary thinking, where she initially dismisses the Lizard's cry for help as just another senseless rampage that has to be stopped, and at first has some difficulty wrapping her head around the idea that a superhero's primary responsibility is the safety and well-being of others, not simply the more thrilling bit of punching super-villains. Thankfully, however, she can learn from and correct her mistakes before said mistakes result in more permanently harmful consequences for herself and others around her, albeit with help from her loving and long-suffering parents, and that's a dynamic I wouldn't mind seeing more of.
    The spider is always on the hunt.