Default Spectre vs The Celestials

How many Celestials would it take to defeat the Jim Corrigan version of the Spectre?

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    How many Celestials would it take to defeat the Jim Corrigan version of the Spectre?
    Assuming Celestials can defeat him at all.... 15 or 20? Hard to say.

I just posted a thread very similar to this one, and general consensus was that he could solo any one Host.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Assuming Celestials can defeat him at all.... 15 or 20? Hard to say.

I just posted a thread very similar to this one, and general consensus was that he could solo any one Host.
    Really? I thought maybe around 5-6 could defeat him.

Really? I thought maybe around 5-6 could defeat him.
    I'm paraphrasing Pendaran here, but yeah that prob won't cut it.

Parallax Hal was ripping the entire universe into pieces. Spectre lost to him, but put up a solid fight, draining Hals reserves from "universe buster and recreator" to "gets beaten by a bunch of normal heroes and an arrow from Green Arrow". To have drained so much oomph from the guy despite losing is a serious feat. And not 5 minutes later, Spectre was recreating a partial Big Bang to reconstruct the damage done to the universe by Hal.

He's pretty dang up there.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

The Spectre is not soloing an entire host. 5-6 seems closer to the mark. Assuming Hickman meant what he meant when he said the Mad Celestials were the equivalent of their 616 counterparts, it took all of 3 to overpower Galactus and that's the no- name variety

Even without going to whatever Scathan was, or the likes of the Dreaming Celestial, they've a number of feats showing individual members approaching universal levels like Ashema. Then we had namesless Celestials sealing off a universe (even if you ignore the first, possibly SMvsFL part of what they did)

https://static4.comicvine.com/upload...335-image.jpeg

The birth of a Celestial shakes the whole universe and is compared to the Big Bang

https://s15.postimg.cc/t9u5j5fix/RCO012.jpg

So on an average the Celestials seem to be near Galactus levels so 5-6 should be more than enough to handle the Spectre

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    The Spectre is not soloing an entire host. 5-6 seems closer to the mark. Assuming Hickman meant what he meant when he said the Mad Celestials were the equivalent of their 616 counterparts, it took all of 3 to overpower Galactus and that's the no- name variety

Even without going to whatever Scathan was, or the likes of the Dreaming Celestial, they've a number of feats showing individual members approaching universal levels like Ashema. Then we had namesless Celestials sealing off a universe (even if you ignore the first, possibly SMvsFL part of what they did)

The birth of a Celestial shakes the whole universe and is compared to the Big Bang

So on an average the Celestials seem to be near Galactus levels so 5-6 should be more than enough to handle the Spectre
    I mean, I'm cool with that. It's Pen you have to convince. :P
    - big_adventure

How many Celestials in a Host?

How many Celestials in a Host?
    It depends. Between 6-12.
    - big_adventure

The Celestials creating a multiverse is wildly beyond anything they've otherwise done, I'm not really inclined to take that page and put a lot of stock in its contents as being vaild for much. Ontop of which, it looks like the context is the narration referring to them acting as a host and just depicting the two of them in the panel vs rando monster thing. Given that it also refers to a whole group of monsters, yet all we see there is one.

Given the other feat you're leaning into is a narration based thing, it's not something you can consistently discard.

Using Galactus as a benchmark for how they could do against the Spectre as far as not needing much more Celestials added to take him out has a few problems. First up, the power gap between the Corrigan Spectre and Galactus is not small. Also, it required them to become Celestial Voltron to do so, along with combining with the corpse of the Celestial Galactus had otherwise killed with seeming not exactly taxing effort. It was also helped by his Gladiator Voguing esque level decision to just stop fighting them and do nothing while they moved to form a little circle around the corpse of said Celestial and merge with him, instead of keep attacking them. I'm pretty cool to say that given PIS off, Corrigan will not be all "Imma straight up totally stop fighting you for a moment for no reason".

You would have to be saying their merger was irrelevant to their taking Galactus out, which would fly in the face of that entire fight.

Again, 4 Celestials vs Galactus resulted in one of them outright dying (to not what looked like what came off as tons of effort at that, he had previously sent two reeling with an eye zap and palming the head of the other for an energy zap) and the rest of them having to merge with each other and the corpse of their fellow Celestial to take him out.

Hooray, you've sort of parallel dragged me into DBZ scale crap ;p

The actual explosion encompassed the Black Galaxy from your own scan (any statements I am possibly making on other "universal" feats, I leave to the reader with a note that I super do not care to comment any more indepth than that ;p). As you could counter that by noting the narration all the same noted aftershocks across the universe and that we have to deal with that, I would say more importantly beyond that, the cosmic significance of a Celestial's birth isn't really a statement on its power level, it's a statement on the act of its being born. Those are entirely different things. If I'm further commenting on anything else, I leave that to the reader ;p
    Last edited by Pendaran; 09-15-2018 at 07:09 PM.

As a father, I can confirm the act of Birth is far more potent and terrifying then the resultant adorable baby. :P
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    As a father, I can confirm the act of Birth is far more potent and terrifying then the resultant adorable baby. :P
    As a father a few times over as well, I can strongly concur.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Yours had tentacles too, huh ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Yours had tentacles too, huh ?
    https://youtu.be/UqbTLJ0U84M

You should get that checked out
    - big_adventure

I am
    Not sure how celestial are done these days but in the day. They are just extra dimensional ass hole alienscwho pop up in universes to meddle in experimenting with it, as opposed to making their own damn universes.

As the Spectre is basically DC version of Living Tribunal. So if full power I do not see those said assholes taking the Weath If God down.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    I am
    Not sure how celestial are done these days but in the day. They are just extra dimensional ass hole alienscwho pop up in universes to meddle in experimenting with it, as opposed to making their own damn universes.

As the Spectre is basically DC version of Living Tribunal. So if full power I do not see those said assholes taking the Weath If God down.
    Spectre may be similar in function to the LT but he's below him in power by quite a bit.