View Poll Results: Favorite Super-Family Member?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clark Kent / Kal-El

19 32.20%
  • Lois Lane

8 13.56%
  • Jon S. Kent

8 13.56%
  • Krypto

1 1.69%
  • Kara Zor-El

3 5.08%
  • Jimmy Olsen

0 0%
  • Lar Gand

0 0%
  • Karen Starr

2 3.39%
  • John Henry Irons

0 0%
  • Lana Lang

1 1.69%
  • Conner / Kon-El

10 16.95%
  • Val-Zod

1 1.69%
  • Keenan Kong

2 3.39%
  • Matrix / Linda Danvers

4 6.78%
  • Other (please specify)

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El/The Last Son of Krypton/The Man of Steel/The Man of Tomorrow/It's a bird, it's a plane, it's Superman!/Look Up in the Sky.

Big Blue obviously, with Lois in second place.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Clark is obviously too choice, but I voted for Karen. After Clark my top are Lois, Karen and Linda Danvers with Kon and Krypto rounding out the top five for me.

All-New Member

Lois Lane. I didn't even watch Smallville until she joined the show. I remember checking every year to see if they had a Lois yet. So excited when she finally was part of that. I love Superman, but I love her more.

Voted for Conner. My next choices would be Linda and PG.

My favorite is Superman.

Then Lois or Kara, Kenan and finally Kon.
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-17-2018 at 12:25 PM.

It's not really fair to include Superman in this poll since he's the main draw to the franchise in the first place. Most fans are Superman fans because of Big Blue himself. Disregarding Superman, my favourite Super Family member would be Lois for her spirited strong will and understanding of both Clark and Superman in the good Post Crisis/Rebirth stories.

I'm having trouble deciding between Krypto and Conner as second favorite. Yes the dog is in the mix. I love that dog.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    True, but I saw that the "Favorite Bat-Family Member" thread (upon which this thread is based) had Bruce Wayne as one of the options ... AND HE LOST.

Granted, it was to Dick Grayson, but still, the point was made: the franchise alpha character is by no means guaranteed to be the most popular, esp on boards like CBR.

So, Clark had to be one of the options, IMHO, because I want to see if the charge often leveled against Batman in his franchise ("he's the most boring character among all his spinoff and supporting characters") would apply to Superman in his franchise.

But, maybe to diversify the responses a bit, how about this:

Please vote once, but feel free to list your TOP TWO characters on that list in your response.

Me:

After Clark, it's Lois.

She's the greatest pure supporting character ever created, IMHO. Better than Robin, Alfred, Dr. Watson, Hermione, or any other character not created to be the star of the story.
    Oh, I totally understand. It's an interesting experiment! Maybe one where you can pick two - because some of the people who vote for others did so not because they like the other character more, but because the first one is "too easy a pick" or they think he'll win so they pick their 2nd. Letting you pick two takes that away, at least a bit.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Uh, well... Jon Kent.
    *Takes cover and ducks*

Kon93

SB/kon-el/Conner Kent

Kara Zor-El. She has a more interesting origin story. More alien. An in general I like female characters more.

Kon-El. He's the character that got me into comics. I miss him.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

1. Matrix/Linda Danvers
    2. Karen Starr
    3. Conner and Kara

Kon93

I think what this lil poll proves is even though time has passed and characters have not been seen for years for some, they are still loved and wanted back.

Alright, at present there's 45 votes, 14 for our boy CK, and though nobody else comes close, I'm surprised there are a whopping 31 votes for Not-Superman. I guess it's not totally surprising that Lois and Jon S. together have almost as many votes as the Man of Tomorrow, nor is it surprising that Kon comes in second after Big Blue, albeit having just barely more than half the number of votes Kal has.

I kind of wish this poll had no Superman in it. He's such an obvious winner, and he should win in my opinion, so I don't want to risk him not winning by voting for somebody else like so many people did with casual protest votes in 2016. Otherwise I'd have voted for... shoot, I dunno. Maybe Lar Gand, I've been seriously loving him lately. He probably gets my vote for most underrated super-character if nothing else.

sup_698_005.jpg
    Last edited by Adekis; 09-21-2018 at 10:22 AM.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."