View Poll Results: Favorite Super-Family Member?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clark Kent / Kal-El

19 32.20%
  • Lois Lane

8 13.56%
  • Jon S. Kent

8 13.56%
  • Krypto

1 1.69%
  • Kara Zor-El

3 5.08%
  • Jimmy Olsen

0 0%
  • Lar Gand

0 0%
  • Karen Starr

2 3.39%
  • John Henry Irons

0 0%
  • Lana Lang

1 1.69%
  • Conner / Kon-El

10 16.95%
  • Val-Zod

1 1.69%
  • Keenan Kong

2 3.39%
  • Matrix / Linda Danvers

4 6.78%
  • Other (please specify)

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Favorite Super-Family Member

Saw a similar discussion in the Batverse forum and thought it would be not a bad idea for the Superverse forum.

Is Superman your favorite Super-Family Member? Or is it Lois? Jon? Krypto? Kara? Or others?

I'm also curious to see if the Superverse fans echo the Batverse fans here in this regard: is there a supporting character more popular than the alpha the franchise was built around?

Poll forthcoming, so let's find out!

Oh, and don't be afraid to voice why you voted for who you voted for.

Me:

Big Blue all the way. They're all excellent supporting characters, but without Clark, none of the other characters hold my attention long-term (or even exist).

But I'm sure others feel differently (and still others the same), so I'm interested in hearing all the opinions.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Obviously it's Superman for me.

Superman easily. He's the draw. If it were a poll of who is my favorite Super character after Superman though, that's where I'd actually have to put some thought into it.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Master Hero Vladimir

Superman, obviously.

I think this'd be a lot more varied without Clark himself in it. He's the title character, and the entire forum topic, after all.

Voted for Clark - and my second would be Lois, for sure.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I don't know why but I suspect that Superman will end up having the highest percentage of votes.

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    I think this'd be a lot more varied without Clark himself in it. He's the title character, and the entire forum topic, after all.

Voted for Clark - and my second would be Lois, for sure.

True, but I saw that the "Favorite Bat-Family Member" thread (upon which this thread is based) had Bruce Wayne as one of the options ... AND HE LOST.

Granted, it was to Dick Grayson, but still, the point was made: the franchise alpha character is by no means guaranteed to be the most popular, esp on boards like CBR.

So, Clark had to be one of the options, IMHO, because I want to see if the charge often leveled against Batman in his franchise ("he's the most boring character among all his spinoff and supporting characters") would apply to Superman in his franchise.

But, maybe to diversify the responses a bit, how about this:

Please vote once, but feel free to list your TOP TWO characters on that list in your response.

Me:

After Clark, it's Lois.

She's the greatest pure supporting character ever created, IMHO. Better than Robin, Alfred, Dr. Watson, Hermione, or any other character not created to be the star of the story.
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 09-15-2018 at 12:52 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Voted Linda Danvers. Superman is great, Lois is great, but when I think of who I really want to read more of, whose story I'm most interested in continuing, whose world I want to see explored further, it's Linda moreso than anyone else.

BANNED

Gave my vote to Lois since it's an easy vote for the top bloke

Superman easily. I kind of feel like it should’ve just been a vote for everyone except him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Superman easily. I kind of feel like it should’ve just been a vote for everyone except him.

Honestly, I was very surprised that Bruce himself was an option in the Batverse version of this poll, and even more surprised that he wasn't the top vote-getter. But, further reflection makes me realize something that I probably alway knew but loudly confirmed here:

The Superverse doesn't have an equivalent to Dick Grayson.

No one character in the Superverse has been in Superman's life the way Dick Grayson has been in Batman's life.

You would have to merge Jimmy Olsen and Lar Gand into one Super Pal/Sidekick and then retroactively make him integral to the Superverse since Year Two. Impossible.

Well, impossible short of a hard reboot, that is.

Dang it, Supes has no Dick Grayson-ish challenger to his own overall popularity in-franchise, unlike Bats.

I should have left Clark off the list.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Honestly, I was very surprised that Bruce himself was an option in the Batverse version of this poll, and even more surprised that he wasn't the top vote-getter. But, further reflection makes me realize something that I probably alway knew but loudly confirmed here:

The Superverse doesn't have an equivalent to Dick Grayson.

No one character in the Superverse has been in Superman's life the way Dick Grayson has been in Batman's life.

You would have to merge Jimmy Olsen and Lar Gand into one Super Pal/Sidekick and then retroactively make him integral to the Superverse since Year Two. Impossible.

Well, impossible short of a hard reboot, that is.

Dang it, Supes has no Dick Grayson-ish challenger to his own overall popularity in-franchise, unlike Bats.

I should have left Clark off the list.
    Make a new one. I’m honestly interested in who’s the 2nd most popular around here.

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    I think this'd be a lot more varied without Clark himself in it....
    I agree which is why I preface my choice by saying my favorite Super Family character other than Clark himself is Lois.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Since I figured Clark should win, even though he is my fave of all time, I voted for my second favorite, and that is KonEl.