Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Default Stories that are not trades, but should be - the Superman version!

Inspired by Zero Hunter's (http://community.comicbookresources....-but-should-be) thread over in the DC Comics forum, with Superman being such a longtime runner. there are bound to be tons and tons of story-arcs featuring the character that haven't been collected as trades. I am admittedly curious which stories sit on people's minds as wasted potential which should be collected and released as trades.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

For me, it would be simply collecting everything, chronologically, post-Byrne up to the end of the Jurgens era. They seem to be planning on doing at least up until the death with the upcoming "Man of Tomorrow" book, so I may be getting my wish.

But specific stories/arcs? I'd like to see a Superman Red / Superman Blue set of tpbs, collecting the 90's story in its entirety and ending with Superman Forever. Followed by the Dominus arc.

I would like to see the Russian Zod stuff be collected, and also the Futuresmiths stuff as well.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

I don't know if it's worth collecting into TPB in terms of financials but I sure as heck would appreciate it:
    Superman: The Wedding Album and related issues

I recently read the reprint and while it was nice, I can't help but feel I was missing quite a bit of the story.

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

For me it's 1968-1985 supes, original red blue story, " the man who has everything" "Sandman Saga" most have never been in trade, it would be nice if DC did a 3 trade run of the 82' to 85' supes @ least. Kinda like GL Sector 2814 trades. Or hopefully since DC has been publishing a lot of its back catalog putting out new Omnibus's and Silver age Bronze Age trades, hopefully we'll get the Superman Bronze Age Omnibus before too long

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    For me, it would be simply collecting everything, chronologically, post-Byrne up to the end of the Jurgens era. They seem to be planning on doing at least up until the death with the upcoming "Man of Tomorrow" book, so I may be getting my wish.
    I sure hope for this. once the books become interconnected digital singles seem like a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by RedWhiteAndBlueSupes View Post
    For me it's 1968-1985 supes, original red blue story, " the man who has everything" "Sandman Saga" most have never been in trade, it would be nice if DC did a 3 trade run of the 82' to 85' supes @ least. Kinda like GL Sector 2814 trades. Or hopefully since DC has been publishing a lot of its back catalog putting out new Omnibus's and Silver age Bronze Age trades, hopefully we'll get the Superman Bronze Age Omnibus before too long
    I would love to see lots of Bronze age Supes. I feel like actually maintaining a chronological Omnibus run like they are currently trying is going to get dicey at best. Skipping around the 3 big pre crisis ages would be great.

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I would love to see lots of Bronze age Supes. I feel like actually maintaining a chronological Omnibus run like they are currently trying is going to get dicey at best. Skipping around the 3 big pre crisis ages would be great.
    I hope they keep up the momentum with their Omnibus runs, its on track to outpace the Archives and Chronicles, @ least in terms of issues printed. Yeah it looks like maybe they really are going for a chronological run, Like with the JLA omnibuses for example. But I wish they would just release a Silver age Superman and go from there to the Bronze Age Omnibus like the JLA run. Maybe asking to much but a "Trial of the Flash" omnibus would be great too.

My story of choice is Bronze Age: "Who Took the Super out of Superman?", which ran from Superman #296-299. Written by Cary Bates and Elliott S! Maggin, with art by Curt Swan and Bob Oskner, the basic premise of the story is that Superman only has his powers when he's wearing just his Superman costume. As Clark, he's just a normal man (and no, not "normalman"). So Kal is trying to decide whether he wants to be Clark or Superman full time, and as Clark, he becomes more assertive and actively courts Lois Lane. It's a cool story, one of my favorite from the Bronze.

To pad it out, I'd add the bracketing stories from Superman #295, "Costume, Costume, Who's Got the Costume?", written by Maggin with art by Swan and Oskner, which has Supes battling "Father Time" and a caveman with super-powers (because he's got Supes' costume); and the wonderful "imaginary story" in Superman #300, "Superman, 2001", by Maggin, Bates, Swan, and Oskner, which posited what would have happened had Kal-El's rocket reached Earth in 1976 (the year of publication).

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I want the rest of the Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes collected. I know they have one planned for June that picks up where the Legion Archives left off and collects issues 234-245, but that still leaves issues 246-260 to have the entire Superboy/Legion run collected.

A choice of my own would be Superman: Zero Hour, collecting all of Superman's solo issues from that event.
    753957.jpg 1017815.jpg
    Pull-List:

Default Revival

A bronze age story that should be collected is Superman: Who Took the Super out of Superman!.

Superman_v.1_296.jpg Superman_v.1_297.jpg Superman_v.1_298.jpg
    Pull-List:

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I'd like a collection of varied Dorfman stories if not just a late silver age collection. Shooter and Binder did some fun ones.

Astonishing Member

I'd pay big money for Siegel second run on Superman collected all in on.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Dominus Effect....this story was nuts.

This was pretty much Spider-Verse before Spider-Verse. And with a better villain too probably.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Netherman14 View Post
    A choice of my own would be Superman: Zero Hour, collecting all of Superman's solo issues from that event.
    753957.jpg 1017815.jpg
    They actually have this now!

https://www.amazon.com/Superman-Zero...rman+zero+hour

I'd love to see the Superboy Hypertime Saga collected. Where he meets the SA Superboy.
    Assassinate Putin!