10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    How can generating electricity hurt a telepath who enters her mind?
    It's more an active ability than a passive ability. If Storm is aware that she is facing a telepath, she can put up an electrical trap around her brain that shocks any telepath that tries to enter her mind.

It's quite ingenious when you think about it as it plays off her immunity to electricity/lightning.

Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I think Storm's powers operate at such a deep level that the air around her(or even the electron shells of her atoms/molecules) shields her from a lot of kinetic impacts that should have hurt her more than was shown on panel.
    I agree on all fronts on that, but it qualifies more as an extension of her energy manipulation and doesn't change her body physical durability. Now if you've got scans of Ororo changing into an elemental for AND such elemental form tanking a particularly powerful attack, not just deflecting it with energy manipulation, her durability could rate higher

Nuerons and thoughts are just electrical impulses firing off. It makes sense that somene who can control electrical forces can jam telepaths who deal in the same arena. We have seen too many instances of electromagnetic forces hinder telepathy (Magneto and Electro are the first two that come to mind.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Yeah don't worry I'll explain it
    The durability is the ability of your physical body to tank damage, characters with forcefields or high speed don't necessarily translate to high durability because their bodies would still be vulnerable with them. The case with Colossus is that since his actual physical body changes to very solid steel his durability is tied to that form, while in storm case she can manipulate forces around her to deflect attacks, but if quicksilver were to hit her beyond any energy she's around she'd be as vulnerable as a normal human, now if you want to make it a 3 gimme some scans, I'll accept any evidence but I can't give a 4 to storm since her physical body is technically still vulnerable to harm
    Ok. I get your point. Thanks,

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Speed - The ability to move over land by running or flight.
    1-Slow [can not attain 15 miles per hour]
    2-Normal [peak between 15-29 miles per hour]
    3-Superhuman [peak range between 111-115 hour]
    4-Subsonic [peak range between 250-500 miles per hour]
    5-Speed of Sound [able to reach Mach 1 or 700 miles per hour]
    6-Supersonic [Peak range: Mach 2 to Mach 4.6 or 0.22-1 miles per second
    7-Light Speed [186,000+ miles per second]

She was confirmed as moving at speeds greater than sound by Willow on her run with the Xmen. However, she has shown high speeds well before this one being when she re-entered the atmosphere turning into a ball of flame:

]
    Quote Originally Posted by PattiLaBelleStormfan View Post
    I just don't feel like anyone should be choosing sub sonic for her flight speed when it's been established in 616 canon that she has been seen as, in these exact words, "breaking the sound barrier". Someone please post the scan from Willow's run.
    See above. I posted this a couple of pages back. Not sure why anyone would rate her lower than a 6 for speed with this showing.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Well it's either gonna be called Telekinesis or Psychokinesis. Marvel doesn't have a lot of word for someone who can move, manipulate and control matter with psionic energy.
    Oh ok. I remember you saying this on the other thread. I still don't agree that her powers are like telekinesis and believe this is an over simplification of her powers. Kinetics of any time simply move the items that control and there isn't an actual connection with those objects in the way that Storm feels the elements.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    It's not about being telekinetic per se, it's more on the kinetic part. Control of weather is atmokinesis, control of fire is pyrokinesis and so forth. So it's psionic, so can easily be assumed as psychokinetic.
    As I mentioned before to LAM, even with all of this being true I don't think this classification gives an accurate idea of how her powers truly operate. Pyrokinetic isn't connected to fire in the way Ororo is connected with the planet and how the elements are an extension of herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Nuerons and thoughts are just electrical impulses firing off. It makes sense that somene who can control electrical forces can jam telepaths who deal in the same arena. We have seen too many instances of electromagnetic forces hinder telepathy (Magneto and Electro are the first two that come to mind.)
    Exactly. These synapses are also present in the heart and is essential for the mechanism that allow our hearts to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    I agree on all fronts on that, but it qualifies more as an extension of her energy manipulation and doesn't change her body physical durability. Now if you've got scans of Ororo changing into an elemental for AND such elemental form tanking a particularly powerful attack, not just deflecting it with energy manipulation, her durability could rate higher
    I don't agree with your assessment here. Emma's power to turn into diamond form allows her to be more durable just as Iceman's powers allow her to be more durable. Yes Ororo's abilities don't allow her to withstand a shot from a gun but it does allow her to fly at high speeds in the air without her skin being ripped apart or exposed to radiation without adverse affects, or even fly in the far reaches of the atmosphere without feeling cold. That is a form of durability resultant of her powers just as Emma and Colossus' powers afford them durability when they change their exterior to more durable forms.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-04-2017 at 11:16 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Some nice Storm art by Jorge Fornes
    https://twitter.com/jfornes74/status/937773884136415232

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post

Love that although I wish her hair was longer and then it would be perfect.

oh this is gorgeous! I'm loving her face she is serving here!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    See above. I posted this a couple of pages back. Not sure why anyone would rate her lower than a 6 for speed with this showing.

Oh ok. I remember you saying this on the other thread. I still don't agree that her powers are like telekinesis and believe this is an over simplification of her powers. Kinetics of any time simply move the items that control and there isn't an actual connection with those objects in the way that Storm feels the elements.

As I mentioned before to LAM, even with all of this being true I don't think this classification gives an accurate idea of how her powers truly operate. Pyrokinetic isn't connected to fire in the way Ororo is connected with the planet and how the elements are an extension of herself.
    Well, to me, Storm's ability to psionically manipulate her environment and her empathic connection to the world are two different powers.

Attachment 58796
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Well, to me, Storm's ability to psionically manipulate her environment and her empathic connection to the world are two different powers.

Attachment 58796
    I see them as a telepathic/telekinetic psionic combo, intrinsically linked. Its through her connection with the environment that she is able to manipulate it.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Attachment 58796
    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I see them as a telepathic/telekinetic psionic combo, intrinsically linked. Its through her connection with the environment that she is able to manipulate it.
    exactly yoga :

BANNED

Wow! that is beautiful.

BANNED

Fellow Storm fans, please, please, please, please vote for Storm here: http://community.comicbookresources....ll-of-Comicdom

BANNED

Now more than ever we need to start fancasting for Ororo. I still stand behind Naomie Harris.

DAMN!!! you got me. Almost thought it was Promo art for the Solo, Almost Choked.
    She looks
    Really good Here.
    The Storm I want To Read.