• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

*still praying for Kenneth Rocafort to be announced as an artist for storm's book*
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Cool

Nimrod - Storm commission cover colored !!!
    by LeoColapietroArt

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Nimrod...ored-442741988

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WTHIOTina View Post
    Axel Alonso discusses #savestorm !!!
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=57575
    What do you think?
    Interesting hopefully some of those maybe are true like plans to boost sales and something occurring thats gonna transform the character. Im thinking omega confirmation on status and transformation to elemental being!!! Kidding about very last point.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Nimrod - Storm commission cover colored !!!
    by LeoColapietroArt

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Nimrod...ored-442741988

Thnk u boo!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ItsDaveyJ View Post
    lol well you don't want to see them sitting in the Jean Grey School making glass art?

I kid. Regardless, a sandstorm with Storm's powers would be visually stunning.
    But Storm can already create her own sandstorms. She did it in the Episode of X-Men animated series on Fox when they went to the pyramids in Egypt to fight Apocalypse

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    It's been great seeing your tweets in #SaveStorm, JoeJoe!

I'm not aware of any way to check digital sales by us lowly consumers... Marvel sees the numbers, at least.

As far as I know, all we can do is check the Diamond print sales numbers (which, if I understand correctly, are only preorder numbers).
    Thanks. I've had a couple of retweets and people favoriting. Do you think Storm has been selling more than the pre-order numbers we see?

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    *still praying for Kenneth Rocafort to be announced as an artist for storm's book*
    Yes! I'm not really feeling this artwork for Storm. She's supposed to be pretty and these prints make her look ugly in my opinion. I've seen much better artwork for Storm than this.

http://community.comicbookresources....scenes)/page74

Dont forget to vote for our gurl!!! Lets keep her number 1!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJoe View Post
    But Storm can already create her own sandstorms. She did it in the Episode of X-Men animated series on Fox when they went to the pyramids in Egypt to fight Apocalypse
    Yeah but she mainly just manipulates the air to make sand behave a certain way. It's similar to how her control over ice differs from Iceman's control.

Issue Information
    Title- Uncanny X-Men Annual #6
    Release Date- August 1982
    Writer- Chris Claremont
    Artist- Bill Sienkiewicz

Major Notes
    Features Dracula

Brief Summary

Blood Feud

At Bard College Rachel Van Helsing is teaching a class and a student asks her about her name’s connection to the Bram Stoker book Dracula. She claims that it is merely fiction but deep down she knows that the characters were real and her family has been battling Dracula for years. When she returns to her home after class Rachel believes that she is free from Dracula since he seems to be dead but the villain appears right in front of her and states their feud will end there.

Meanwhile at the X-Mansion Kitty Pryde is throwing a tantrum after learning that her parents are getting a divorce. Storm tries to comfort her as best as she can but Kitty is in no mood to listen and goes to her room. She sees a picture of her parents and she blames herself for their separation. In her anger at her parents she throws it to the ground smashing the frame and she doesn’t noticed a shadowed figure near her. The figure disappears and Kitty drifts off into a sleep.

At midnight Kitty seemingly wakes up and feels ashamed with the way that she acted. She picks up the picture of her parents and is thankful that only the frame was destroyed and the picture remained intact. She sees Storm enter her room but she seems to be a vampire and she grabs Kitty and bites her on the neck to drain her blood seemingly killing her in the process. When Storm is finished she feeds off the rest of the X-Men before returning to her attic. There she transforms into a giant bat and flies to a cliff where Dracula is waiting for her. She reverts to her human form and they both kiss.

Storm suddenly wakes up and realises that it was just a dream. Quickly she goes to Kitty’s room to see if the young mutant is alright, to her relief she is and she also realises that this wasn’t a simple dream, it is a summon from Dracula and she chooses to answer purely because Dracula has broken his word to her and she wants to see why. Her departure is noticed by Kitty who seemingly wakes up. Her plan is moving forward but she knows that she can’t act alone. She goes to the room of Colossus who is writing a history paper for Professor Xavier. Kitty comes close to him and Colossus realises that something is wrong when she starts to touch him. He tries to resist but he is powerless to stop her as his door slams shut and he cries out in pain.

Storm has flown across the Atlantic to a castle on the coast of Cornwall England. Her senses have brought her here and she blasts through the door to get inside. She calls out for Dracula but is instead greeted by a vampire Rachel. There is food ready for her and a room but then Dracula suddenly appears. There is a battle of wills between him and Storm as he reveals that when she dies she will rise to be a vampire like him. When she grabs her neck she sees that there is blood and she falls to the ground as Dracula claims that her body and soul are his.

The effort has weakened Dracula as well and he flies away to recover his strength as Rachel tends to Storm. She is sat down at a table to eat and Rachel reveals herself to be a Van Helsing. Storm is confused since the Van Helsings are sworn enemies to Dracula. Rachel claims that she is no longer alive and
    suddenly Dracula returns to the scene. He claims that he did intend to leave Storm alone but his need for her was too great and if she performs one task for him he will allow her to leave on her own free will. Storm reluctantly agrees but states that no one can be harmed and that the X-Men will not be involved. Dracula agrees and reveals that there is a book that can obliterate vampires, he wishes for her to steal it for him.

An hour later Storm arrives at the town of Pendarrow where she must break into the nearby fortress to steal the book. Dracula appears right next to her and when she asks why he can’t steal it himself he reveals that it is sitting on one of the holiest spots in Britain and that he cannot get any closer.

Storm breaks into the fortress and sees that there are advanced security systems as well that would deter any normal person under Dracula’s control. As she enters she is very careful not set off the alarms but she doesn’t see that someone is behind her. Storm is struck in the shoulder by an arrow and when she turns she sees Kitty with a crossbow. This causes her to fall down and set off an alarm. Storm is surprised with Kitty’s actions and uses a gust of wind to blow her back. Suddenly Colossus breaks through the wall, he is hell bent on protecting Kitty and even battles Storm. Since she is distracted Kitty is able to reach the book and claims that she now has the power to kill Dracula once and for all. Storm sees that there is something very wrong with her fellow teammate but Kitty flees before giving any straight forward answers. With them gone Storm is suddenly attacked by guards and she jumps out of a window to escape. She is too weak to summon any wind to save herself but Dracula saves her and they fly away.

Storm finds herself in Cairo and she is wearing Dracula’s scarf. She is in some confusion but she suddenly sees her deceased parents and she is overjoyed to see them. Suddenly air raid sirens go off and Storm sees a fighter jet overhead. The plane fires at a nearby building causing it to come down on the three. Storm’s parents are killed and she finds herself trapped under the rubble. She screams out in terror and the next thing she sees is Dracula.

Storm realises that once again it was only a dream but she has found herself inside a coffin. Dracula apologises since he forgot about her claustrophobia but he has dealt with Storm’s wound. She lost a lot of blood but he was able to drink it, this infuriates her and she goes to attack but is slapped away by him. She realises that she will never be free of him and even when she dies she has to utterly destroy herself so that she doesn’t come back as a vampire. Dracula knows that Kitty has the book and that she must be destroyed, he thinks that a better way of doing it is having Storm by his side as a vampire. He grabs her and goes to bite her but a beam of energy strikes him.

When Dracula looks up he sees that the other X-Men have arrived. He throws a spear at Cyclops but a combination of moves from Wolverine and Nightcrawler save him and drive the spear right into Dracula. Rachel rushes to his aid and takes the spear out before trying to attack Cyclops. The X-Man judo flips her but she gets up and attacks him once again in a more gas form. Suddenly Kitty and Colossus burst through the door intending to kill Dracula but he flees down to the catacombs to regroup. Cyclops is also having difficulties with Rachel who has turned herself into a wolf but an optic blast puts her down.

Dracula has escaped through a secret passage but Kitty is able to phase through to chase after him. Colossus goes to follow but is briefly stopped by Wolverine, Colossus hits him and tries to break through the passage. It is booby trapped and a large weight comes down upon him, it is enough to kill any normal man but Colossus is able to stop the weight from crushing him. Cyclops blasts through but much to the X-Men’s surprise Colossus is gone.

The team tend to Storm who is a little shaken. They revealed that they were able to find her by tracking the X-Jet that Kitty and Colossus had stolen. It brought them near the area and Wolverine’s senses did the rest of the work. They want Storm to remain behind to recover but she states that she is the leader of the X-Men and must carry on, also she thinks that Kitty and Colossus are under the influence of another.

Cyclops blasts a hole into the ground that goes directly down to the catacombs. Storm’s winds are able to gently bring the team down but when they get there they see Colossus fighting Dracula. The mutant is thrown back and Wolverine goes for the attack. He is able to harm Dracula but the villain is also able to bite him and turns him against his fellow mutants.

Meanwhile Storm is attacked by Rachel but she is able to knock the vampire back and throws a spear that just misses her head. Due to Dracula being distracted his hold on Rachel lessens and she regains some of her senses. She begs Storm to kill her so that she doesn’t have to live the rest of her life as a vampire but Storm cannot bring herself to do it.

The X-Men still battle Dracula with Wolverine now on his side. Kitty is able to appear from behind and she reads from the book, this causes great pain to Dracula but Nightcrawler knocks the book out of her hand to save the villain. Kitty is not happy with this and grabs him by the neck. As she begins to crush his windpipe Nightcrawler states if she had of completed the enchantment her soul would have been lost. Storm grabs Kitty’s arm before Nightcrawler is suffocated and demands that whoever is controlling her release their hold. Dracula realises that Kitty is possessed and that it is his own daughter that is the culprit. Kitty smiles and as she transforms her hold on Colossus breaks and she reveals herself in her true form. She commands the X-Men to kill Dracula or else she’ll never leave Kitty’s body.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Dracula strikes his daughter and he intends to kill the X-Men. Suddenly a spear goes through him and the culprit is Rachel. She has enough of her senses and she even creates a cross that causes Dracula to die and he becomes a skeleton. He will return and she states that his head must be severed to make sure that he stays dead. Wolverine goes to do the work but the castle begins to cave in and everyone flees for their lives.

The X-Men are able to get out of the castle and watch it crumble away. Rachel is still a vampire and it is close to dawn. She begs the X-Men to stake her heart so that she can have a quick death rather than a slow agonising one. Wolverine is the one to do the task and as he stakes her the sun rises, she comments how beautiful it is before she fades into a skeleton.

Kitty reappears and transforms again and calls herself Lilith. They are surprised to see that she is unaffected by the sunlight, she reveals that she is immune to most vampire weaknesses but she also reveals that she wanted to kill her father by using the book but Pendarrow was accursed to her too. She stole the body of Kitty and brought Colossus under her control, controlling all the X-Men would have been too great of an effort for her so she only took one. She leaked word of her plan so that Dracula could catch wind and summon Storm and bring the X-Men into the fray. With Dracula seemingly dead Lilith releases her hold on Kitty but before she leaves she states that with Dracula’s death his hold on Storm and Wolverine has ended and neither will become vampires. Colossus is also safe since she didn’t take enough blood.

Kitty has no memory of what happened and a little later Storm and Wolverine are talking on the cliff. Storm states that Kitty has no memory after throwing her tantrum and Wolverine thinks that their troubles with Dracula is over. Storm begs to differ however.

My Thoughts

And we’re with another Uncanny X-Men annual and it seems like forever and a day ago that I actually reviewed one. I did have a slight problem with timing with this issue since I use three different sites for reference and all of them gave me a different release month (One stated August, one said November and the last was December). I have just gone for this month for it since the other months will also be quite extensive since I will be starting the Wolverine LS and New Mutants.

Placing this Annual seems to be a few months after the release. The X-Men are in a constructed X-Mansion and it definitely takes place after the events with Corsair since Kitty went on vacation with her parents before the mansion was destroyed and it was destroyed while she was away. I’m guessing somewhere between #167 and #168 of the Uncanny X-Men series.

The issue itself was entertaining and did have the dark feel that I got when I read Dracula’s other appearance in UXM #159. It did feel better to read it in black and white rather than colour since it gave it more of that old horror movie feel. The story was gripping and it made me wonder as I flicked through exactly what was going to happen, would Storm become a vampire and just what was going on with Kitty and Colossus.

The X-Man definitely at the centre of this annual was once again Storm as she once again battles the control of Dracula. It was definitely an interesting angle for the character and it seems to have ended here in this issue. I might be mistaken but I don’t think she has anything to do with Dracula after this issue until the start of the third volume of X-Men over a quarter of a century later. We also got to see Storm’s abilities as a thief that is sometimes picked up but not as often as before and nowadays it is not seen or mentioned too many times.

Also in this annual we have Kitty Pryde face something that many people have gone through and that is the divorce of her parents. I thought she would have taken it better but I guess she is still young in this issue and her heart was broken in more ways than many can imagine. I can see how she was ripe for Lilith to possess her. It was definitely something that was unexpected and also marks the first time that she has been possessed but not the last I believe.

The male X-Men didn’t have that much of a role in this annual as three of them came to the rescue near the end of the issue while one was brainwashed himself. This annual definitely had the women only feel to it when it came to the X-Men and this is something that will be picked up later on in a couple of one shots along with the fourth volume of X-Men which is a women only team.

One character who died in this annual is Rachel Van Helsing who was a regular in the Tomb Of Dracula series and I believe that the writer of that series wasn’t very happy about having her killed off. Ok Dracula was killed again but we all know that he will be back but I don’t think he will bother the X-Men for some time.

In conclusion I’m giving the issue an 8 out of 10. It was good read and a fitting follow to Uncanny X-Men #159.

Next Issue
    Uncanny X-Men (Volume 1) #161
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    Dracula strikes his daughter and he intends to kill the X-Men. Suddenly a spear goes through him and the culprit is Rachel. She has enough of her senses and she even creates a cross that causes Dracula to die and he becomes a skeleton. He will return and she states that his head must be severed to make sure that he stays dead. Wolverine goes to do the work but the castle begins to cave in and everyone flees for their lives.

The X-Men are able to get out of the castle and watch it crumble away. Rachel is still a vampire and it is close to dawn. She begs the X-Men to stake her heart so that she can have a quick death rather than a slow agonising one. Wolverine is the one to do the task and as he stakes her the sun rises, she comments how beautiful it is before she fades into a skeleton.

Kitty reappears and transforms again and calls herself Lilith. They are surprised to see that she is unaffected by the sunlight, she reveals that she is immune to most vampire weaknesses but she also reveals that she wanted to kill her father by using the book but Pendarrow was accursed to her too. She stole the body of Kitty and brought Colossus under her control, controlling all the X-Men would have been too great of an effort for her so she only took one. She leaked word of her plan so that Dracula could catch wind and summon Storm and bring the X-Men into the fray. With Dracula seemingly dead Lilith releases her hold on Kitty but before she leaves she states that with Dracula’s death his hold on Storm and Wolverine has ended and neither will become vampires. Colossus is also safe since she didn’t take enough blood.

Kitty has no memory of what happened and a little later Storm and Wolverine are talking on the cliff. Storm states that Kitty has no memory after throwing her tantrum and Wolverine thinks that their troubles with Dracula is over. Storm begs to differ however.

My Thoughts

And we’re with another Uncanny X-Men annual and it seems like forever and a day ago that I actually reviewed one. I did have a slight problem with timing with this issue since I use three different sites for reference and all of them gave me a different release month (One stated August, one said November and the last was December). I have just gone for this month for it since the other months will also be quite extensive since I will be starting the Wolverine LS and New Mutants.

Placing this Annual seems to be a few months after the release. The X-Men are in a constructed X-Mansion and it definitely takes place after the events with Corsair since Kitty went on vacation with her parents before the mansion was destroyed and it was destroyed while she was away. I’m guessing somewhere between #167 and #168 of the Uncanny X-Men series.

The issue itself was entertaining and did have the dark feel that I got when I read Dracula’s other appearance in UXM #159. It did feel better to read it in black and white rather than colour since it gave it more of that old horror movie feel. The story was gripping and it made me wonder as I flicked through exactly what was going to happen, would Storm become a vampire and just what was going on with Kitty and Colossus.

The X-Man definitely at the centre of this annual was once again Storm as she once again battles the control of Dracula. It was definitely an interesting angle for the character and it seems to have ended here in this issue. I might be mistaken but I don’t think she has anything to do with Dracula after this issue until the start of the third volume of X-Men over a quarter of a century later. We also got to see Storm’s abilities as a thief that is sometimes picked up but not as often as before and nowadays it is not seen or mentioned too many times.

Also in this annual we have Kitty Pryde face something that many people have gone through and that is the divorce of her parents. I thought she would have taken it better but I guess she is still young in this issue and her heart was broken in more ways than many can imagine. I can see how she was ripe for Lilith to possess her. It was definitely something that was unexpected and also marks the first time that she has been possessed but not the last I believe.

The male X-Men didn’t have that much of a role in this annual as three of them came to the rescue near the end of the issue while one was brainwashed himself. This annual definitely had the women only feel to it when it came to the X-Men and this is something that will be picked up later on in a couple of one shots along with the fourth volume of X-Men which is a women only team.

One character who died in this annual is Rachel Van Helsing who was a regular in the Tomb Of Dracula series and I believe that the writer of that series wasn’t very happy about having her killed off. Ok Dracula was killed again but we all know that he will be back but I don’t think he will bother the X-Men for some time.

In conclusion I’m giving the issue an 8 out of 10. It was good read and a fitting follow to Uncanny X-Men #159.

Next Issue
    Uncanny X-Men (Volume 1) #161

Loved that issue. Also, Storm's dress on that cover is awesome!

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ItsDaveyJ View Post
    Hopefully, even if we are annoying the powers that be... they can at least see the desire for a Storm ongoing and that the fans are trying to put in the work to make it popular.
    Annoying my bloody arse! At this point, the fans are showing more interest and initiative than said powers that be. They should should be commending us for all our efforts in trying to get the word out...you know, for doing their job.

And personally I have absolute no faith in his non-answers. It all sounds quite rubbishy, just to cover up their general lack of interest in this (and many other) solo-titles. I will be greatly surprised if STORM is re-launched beyond the 12th issue.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

BANNED

I still hope that the Storm ongoing solo comics will go on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    And this is one of my favorite Storm arts ever!

I'm still in love with this art!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    So here is Willow Wilson's twitter. Can someone just ask her directly will she address storm's omega level status on panel aa it is long overdue:

https://mobile.twitter.com/CBR/statu...77746809040896

I would but don't have twitter.
    I just followed Ms Wilson.

I tweeted her to reconfirm if Storm is an omega-level mutant and she said...

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I just followed Ms Wilson.

I tweeted her to reconfirm if Storm is an omega-level mutant and she said...
    Now boo why would you tease me like that... we are supposed to be a family here.

Thank you. Asking her though