• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
Page 3478 of 3522 FirstFirst ... 247829783378342834683474347534763477347834793480348134823488 ... LastLast
Results 52,156 to 52,170 of 52830
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Son_Of_A_Goddess View Post
    Yeah, but Iceman is still far from invincible, it's just up to the writers to give him credible threats to face. Take what happened in his solo with Daken being the big bad, to me that was absolutely ridiculous since a threat like Daken should be a non factor to someone like Bobby.

As far as I know Bobby is still vulnerable to telepathy, magic, advanced forms of tech, and high forms of energy discharge.
    Bobby has little boy syndrome. Kinda like Peter Parker. Anytime they have some great feat or accomplishment, they are reset back to something simple. Iceman can make ice clones and change bodies, yet hardly uses this ability or has to relearn it in some story down the line. Peter owned an Industry, yet is now back to being broke in an apartment. Anything these characters do really doesn't matter in the long run as they get reset.

Storm they just keep Stagnant. Showing that shes powerful, yet not showing creative use of her abilities.

I worry about this Stormcaster stuff. Her being wary of her powers? What does that mean? Are they saying Stormcaster has a connection with Kenya and that's why she looks different? Her parents have some secret Asgardian past now. WTF?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    Bobby has little boy syndrome. Kinda like Peter Parker. Anytime they have some great feat or accomplishment, they are reset back to something simple. Iceman can make ice clones and change bodies, yet hardly uses this ability or has to relearn it in some story down the line. Peter owned an Industry, yet is now back to being broke in an apartment. Anything these characters do really doesn't matter in the long run as they get reset.

Storm they just keep Stagnant. Showing that shes powerful, yet not showing creative use of her abilities.

I worry about this Stormcaster stuff. Her being wary of her powers? What does that mean? Are they saying Stormcaster has a connection with Kenya and that's why she looks different? Her parents have some secret Asgardian past now. WTF?
    nah.... I think stormcaster will be going away really soon and we hopefully will never have to see or hear of that thing ever again.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    This is not directed at anyone but I feel like it needs to be said.

One of the reason I try not to get into Storm discussion on message boards anymore, because I feel like there a underline of Racism and Sexism.

I look at some posters reply and go..."But your okay with Superman doing this and Hulk doing that and Thor doing some crazy ****...but let a Black Woman do that and the world is coming to an end.

The struggles is real people and I get tried of hitting my head against a wall of intolerances and ingronace. My sistas gave birth to man but can't even get a fair standing in this world.

That is all, I'll talk to you guys tomorrow.
    This part!

Incredible Member

I dunno anymore. You actually talked to the writer and was surprised what he said about her abilities. Anything can happen with Gugg. Anything!!!!

On a serious note, I do like that new outfit on the cover.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Weather God View Post
    Hey folk!

So I've been noticing a lot of channels on youtube have been uploading these "all scenes" videos from most Marvel and DC characters shows/movies, and decided to get back into the editing room to do an EVO Storm one of my very own(all in HD)! It actually came in over an hour long! Enjoy!

I LOVE EVO Storm SHE IS THE BEST!!!! and XTAS Storm two of my Favorite Storms

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    I dunno anymore. You actually talked to the writer and was surprised what he said about her abilities. Anything can happen with Gugg. Anything!!!!

On a serious note, I do like that new outfit on the cover.
    I wasnt surprised at his admission of not understanding her powers. I was actually surprised at how much he knew storms history. he was very well versed in her history but called Claremont description of her power a retcon. that was the perplexing thing but I guess you are right anything can happen with him lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

There's what like 5 issues left? The dark days are almost over

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    There's what like 5 issues left? The dark days are almost over
    yaaaahhhhhh!!!! omg really 5 issues I knew this day would come but I'm so happy we are almost done with the travesty that was gold. the question is what do we get in its place and who will be writing it?????

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    thor can have all these cosmic feats no problem
    hulk can fight gods left and right no problem
    ww can be a goddess no problem
    iceman can be an omega level mutant no problem

but storm cant because her name is storm, she should only control weather, she would be too powerful, she cant she cant she cant and did I mention she cant. I dont see all these cant's with other characters. as I said I'm glad u said it because it needed to be. and it does beg to question if not misogynoir then what is the reasoning for the double standard.
    Storm can't because of a lack of CONSISTENCY.

Because all those folks (minus Iceman) have over 500+ solo issues that DRILL into you what they can and can not do. Also some of those folks SHARE the same writers.

It doesn't matter what she does in her "solo" because it's never followed up in any other book.

This goes back to a character being showcased in more than one book and editors accepting pitches. It falls on the EDITORS.

Because if editors did their JOB-a certain CLOUD would have been STOPPED by Storm.

And no-it's not limited to Storm only. Others have had it done to them.

Black Panther says HI.
    You think we will see Flint of Inhumans move planet size asteroids in another book like he did in Royals?
    We won't talk Static-if he was at Marvel-he would be at Magneto or Polaris's level. He has more powers than Black Lightning. Yet the first solo series that shows that is NOT IN TRADES.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Storm can't because of a lack of CONSISTENCY.

Because all those folks (minus Iceman) have over 500+ solo issues that DRILL into you what they can and can not do. Also some of those folks SHARE the same writers.

It doesn't matter what she does in her "solo" because it's never followed up in any other book.

This goes back to a character being showcased in more than one book and editors accepting pitches. It falls on the EDITORS.

Because if editors did their JOB-a certain CLOUD would have been STOPPED by Storm.

And no-it's not limited to Storm only. Others have had it done to them.

Black Panther says HI.
    You think we will see Flint of Inhumans move planet size asteroids in another book like he did in Royals?
    We won't talk Static-if he was at Marvel-he would be at Magneto or Polaris's level. He has more powers than Black Lightning. Yet the first solo series that shows that is NOT IN TRADES.
    I agree editors are the problem but despite this based upon her high end showings and what she was created to be, she should be considered just as powerful as those other characters mentioned.

is there any storm news today???

is there any storm news today???
    She wasnt in the X-books I read (X-23, NM, Blue). Bloodstorm obviously was in Blue but thats it. Nothing worth reading about

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She wasnt in the X-books I read (X-23, NM, Blue). Bloodstorm obviously was in Blue but thats it. Nothing worth reading about
    ugh thanks beloved I guess back to lurking until the next heated exchange.

ugh thanks beloved I guess back to lurking until the next heated exchange.
    Well, we just did her powers and how they should work. So a debate about her looks should be coming up soon.

The Storm circle of debate...keeps on rolling lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Well, we just did her powers and how they should work. So a debate about her looks should be coming up soon.

The Storm circle of debate...keeps on rolling lol
    lolololol.... right and that went well. I believe you brought up a great point there against the argument of her simply controlling weather. I believe you mentioned how does she control it. she just doesn't make a wish and then it happens. people couldnt answer that and I thought that was an effective way to shut down them arguing against her manipulating energy.

and i slick had that debate about the mixture of races scans which is one the most scans from her mythos taken out of context. it just annoys me so how misogyny and racist thoughts and ignorance relating to those things plague this character. it's very unfortunate.