• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    That's an odd definition for Bullet Timer. Whenever it's been used on Vs. Boards. I always thought it meant being able to react before the bullet left the chamber. Not really a super-speed but an uncanny ability to anticipate and react to oncoming danger.
    Isn't that Aim Dodging then? There seems to be two types: Bullet Timer, Aim Dodging. I looked up the Def for BT(Bullet Timer)

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Isn't that Aim Dodging then? There seems to be two types: Bullet Timer, Aim Dodging. I looked up the Def for BT(Bullet Timer)
    Since none of the people you mentioned have super sonic reaction time (well maybe Iron Fist, he's done some crazy stuff over the years), I would assume that some have mislabeled "Aim Dodging" for Bullet Timing.

I found it hard to call them Bullet Timers...going by the definition you provided and still consider them normal humans. I would consider Spiderman and characters on his level or above Bullet Timers.

Now keep in mind I've seen some interesting feats from Daredevil but by that definition he would have superhuman reaction time.

Now keep in mind i could be wrong.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 03-27-2018 at 04:56 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

That list is odd, Batman should not be able to react and dodge a bullet mid air he's only peak human, but Wolverine is enhanced to superhuman.

If Storm was to be a bullet timer, I'd want there to be some explanation like "I can enhance my reactions by boosting my nervous syatem" or something like I believe Static Shock can or one of those other electricity manipulators. Or I'd want whoever is writing it to keep with it and make it clear that that's just how fast she is. I feel like Pak tried to do this with those 2 instances but one looks like aim dodging and the other she could just be reading his bodie's signals for a heads up.

http://marvel.com/universe/Storm#axzz5AxRAyfoj

This seems to be directly tied to Marvel's main website. So it stands to reason these are official stats for Storm. Have you all seen this before?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Since none of the people you mentioned have super sonic reaction time (well maybe Iron Fist, he's done some crazy stuff over the years), I would assume that some have mislabeled "Aim Dodging" for Bullet Timing.

I found it hard to call them Bullet Timers...going by the definition you provided and still consider them normal humans. I would consider Spiderman and characters on his level or above Bullet Timers.

Now keep in mind I've seen some interesting feats from Daredevil but by that definition he would have superhuman reaction time.

Now keep in mind i could be wrong.
    No, I think I agree with you. It just took me off guard when I saw these people listed as Bullet Timers and each of them are Peak Human. So I don't understand how can we assume Storm to be anything less and call her peak human when others are the same Y'know?

Do you know the Definition of Bullet Timer or any other Definition of it??? And what is the Def of Aim Dodging???

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    That list is odd, Batman should not be able to react and dodge a bullet mid air he's only peak human, but Wolverine is enhanced to superhuman.

If Storm was to be a bullet timer, I'd want there to be some explanation like "I can enhance my reactions by boosting my nervous syatem" or something like I believe Static Shock can or one of those other electricity manipulators. Or I'd want whoever is writing it to keep with it and make it clear that that's just how fast she is. I feel like Pak tried to do this with those 2 instances but one looks like aim dodging and the other she could just be reading his bodie's signals for a heads up.
    Yes, I agree that list I personally disagree with each and every one of them. I think the problem is I get Aim Dodging and Bullet Timing mixed up.
    What Pak did with Storm is that it's hard to tell not only did she have a broken ankle she was able to dodge bullets that already left their barrel.
    So she either A. Bullet Timed dodge it or B. Saw there Nervous system and dodged it before they fired.

Yeah I wouldn’t categorize Storm as a bullet timer. She has excellent reaction time feats but not to the level of a bullet timer. When I think of bullet timers I think of instances like Gambit casually blocking Forge’s laser fire, Karnak chopping a bullet in half or that guy who blocked all of Black Widow’s rapid fire blasts with his sword.

Astonishing Member

Storm should be able to protect herself from bullets by controlling air/wind, but I don't think she should have the reaction time to dodge them

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I would say based upon the definition of a bullet timer then the answer is yes.

This scan alone demonstrates she is one.
    I really like this scan. Storm is so dramatic. She really is bae!
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Ok. I can dig it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Storm should be able to protect herself from bullets by controlling air/wind, but I don't think she should have the reaction time to dodge them
    I agree to an extent. I definitely believe Storm should be able to deflect/redirect bullets or projectiles, even lasers. Similar to her sky topography, she should sense the trajectory of all moving objects, but most importantly she should detect the energies that are zeroing in on her position. It's keeping to canon, along with her energy sight and her powers reacting subconsciously to protect her. I think if Storm has the fine control to snatch the air out of a person's lungs with the force of a hurricane, and not pull their insides out, she should be able to stop anything from going airborne if she so wishes. I want a feat of Storm literally grounding any and everything from taking to the skies. Hadari Yao come thru!

Mighty Member

Also, I think some of you are forgetting peak human doesn't equate to peak mutant. Its been established that mutants overall have superior physical abilities to humans so I would always assume an alpha class mutant or higher would be better than the most athletic human. During Austen run when he said mutants dont get aids it was touched upon. I like the idea that mutants possess a physical base level is superior to that of humans so ( longer life span, heal slightly faster, age slower, etc). It makes sense when you think about how inshape the mutants are or how quick they recover from battle. Shiar tech or no shiar tech, that is a lot of wear and tear on the body.

Chris C has shown Twice Strom being taken down by Snipers.
    One: The Black panther team up
    Two: And the Forge PowerStriper

Was going to mention the time she was in South Africa that began life death two, but she was powerless than

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post

Was going to mention the time she was in South Africa that began life death two, but she was powerless than
    storm has had plenty of upgrades since then even per Claremont where he stated her energy sight gives her an advantage in any fight.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post

This, when she's using her powers she can be but when taken by surprise nope. Good post

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    storm has had plenty of upgrades since then even per Claremont where he stated her energy sight gives her an advantage in any fight.
    That was in reference to physical fights, not people sneaking up on her and shooting her in the back.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    That was in reference to physical fights, not people sneaking up on her and shooting her in the back.
    1. it wasn't about solely physical attacks, the scan mentioned brain to muscle action which applies to an assailant pulling a trigger:

2. and as I mentioned she has had many upgrades since Claremont. though not a bullet, her connection to the environment should still grant her the ability to not be taken by surprise from the back:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED