• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I don't, which is why I put that italicized if in there, and have advocated for her to get her white British body back, and ressurect Kwannon so they can keep the Asian ninja chick.

I'd love to see Storm lead a team of Bishop, Sunspot, Monet, Manifold, Karma, Xorn, Jubilee, Dust, Marisol, Forge, and their token buddy Gambit, just to make heads pop. Sunfire, Thunderbird III(Neal), Cece, Prodigy, Cipher, Triage, Nature Girl, Indra, Surge, Armor, and Hijack can make cameos.
    They won't bring back British Psylocke. She was changed because the original Psylocke was redundant. Xavier was a powerful telepath, Jean Grey a telepath/telekinetic and quite frankly Betsy Braddock had nothing to offer. She was too similar to Emma Frost on top of that. So they made her a ninja to differentiate her. The current woman called Psylocke was made in the lab by Spiral, who mixed and matched DNA from Kwannon and Betsy Braddock, and also reprogrammed their minds. By now Psylocke (Asian ninja made in the lab) has been around for much longer than the British version. We won't ever see a British version again.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    They won't bring back British Psylocke. She was changed because the original Psylocke was redundant. Xavier was a powerful telepath, Jean Grey a telepath/telekinetic and quite frankly Betsy Braddock had nothing to offer. She was too similar to Emma Frost on top of that. So they made her a ninja to differentiate her. The current woman called Psylocke was made in the lab by Spiral, who mixed and matched DNA from Kwannon and Betsy Braddock, and also reprogrammed their minds. By now Psylocke (Asian ninja made in the lab) has been around for much longer than the British version. We won't ever see a British version again.
    Nonsense. I count no less than five, red headed, green eyed telepathic, telekinetic ladies running around here. There were literally a half dozen Emmas there for a minute. Two male scion of the Summers/Grey line. Elizabeth Braddock was her own fully formed character before she even joined the X-Men over in Capt Britain. She is British aristocracy, and has Otherworld, Merlyn, Roma, Sat-Y-9, M16/all the other British secret service/WHO universe at her disposal, not to mention Mojo/Spiral [pre-bodyswitch(her camera eyes)]. Not only that, she had precognitive abilities in addition to her telepathy, and was already training in martial arts on her own, and had that great armor look. She didn't need to don yellowface in order to become an interesting character.

Furthermore, her current body is not even as you say; that body was killed in X-Treme X-Men's opening arc. Her reality warping brother Jamie Braddock resurrected her spirit and put it in a new body(that he created in the Asian look, as his own preference) just before House of M. He could just as easily remake her body to her original British look, and make another Asian body in the style of Kwannon's original look and bring her back to life. That way fans that are so attached to that look can have it, but with an actual Asian woman's(let's say her original Chinese) spirit in there. Let her have her own stories, actually rooted in her Chinese history and family.

No more of this ridiculous yellow-face please. It's absolutely offensive. Punisher didn't get to stay in his black form for more than an issue or two, it should have been the same for Betsy. I don't care how long it has been going on, it needs to stop now. It is literally the embodiment of cultural appropriation.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

X-men and Tf2 fan. WolverineandDeadpool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    no guggs has sucked well before he got gold. he gave us this crap a while ago:

he gets no passes from me. I KNEW when they announced he was the writer for the book it was gone be bad for storm and he definitely hasn't disappointed.
    What issue was this crap in?

Goddess be praised. Hold tight babies:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01...d-summer-2018/
    Sometimes, God does hear your prayers.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Storms gather strength, dissipate, only to reform again. Look at Domino, getting a solo by a giant like Gail Simone? Who would have thought that? Once the dark days of the Fox-Men are firmly behind us and we make room for a real Storm onscreen, her stock will rise again.

Dry your eyes!

We must keep moving onward.

I feel a shift in the winds.

I always thought it was funny how Naomi almost 100% looks how I always envision Storm in real life.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Imagine if grace jones got to play punk storm in her youth .. lawd jesus
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Okay I've heard this twice now, is it true that mini series are made to determine if characters can handle a solo?

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Okay I've heard this twice now, is it true that mini series are made to determine if characters can handle a solo?
    If they are popular enough, they can get turned into ongoings.

The example I remember was Hudlins BP.

Amazing Member

I always loved her mo-hawk. Storm's such a bad-ass.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I always thought it was funny how Naomi almost 100% looks how I always envision Storm in real life.
    She really is almost perfect. That's the aesthetic they need to be going for in casting her: tall, cheekbones for days, almond eyes, enrapturing walk/presence. A cross between her look mixed with a bit of Iman's regal voice is just about perfection, other than I think Ororo is a bit more athletic and voluptuous than your typical toothpick supermodel.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WolverineandDeadpool View Post
    What issue was this crap in?
    I'm not sure. I believe Xmen some issue between 18 and 22. released back in 2014.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Nonsense. I count no less than five, red headed, green eyed telepathic, telekinetic ladies running around here. There were literally a half dozen Emmas there for a minute. Two male scion of the Summers/Grey line. Elizabeth Braddock was her own fully formed character before she even joined the X-Men over in Capt Britain. She is British aristocracy, and has Otherworld, Merlyn, Roma, Sat-Y-9, M16/all the other British secret service/WHO universe at her disposal, not to mention Mojo/Spiral [pre-bodyswitch(her camera eyes)]. Not only that, she had precognitive abilities in addition to her telepathy, and was already training in martial arts on her own, and had that great armor look. She didn't need to don yellowface in order to become an interesting character.

Furthermore, her current body is not even as you say; that body was killed in X-Treme X-Men's opening arc. Her reality warping brother Jamie Braddock resurrected her spirit and put it in a new body(that he created in the Asian look, as his own preference) just before House of M. He could just as easily remake her body to her original British look, and make another Asian body in the style of Kwannon's original look and bring her back to life. That way fans that are so attached to that look can have it, but with an actual Asian woman's(let's say her original Chinese) spirit in there. Let her have her own stories, actually rooted in her Chinese history and family.

No more of this ridiculous yellow-face please. It's absolutely offensive. Punisher didn't get to stay in his black form for more than an issue or two, it should have been the same for Betsy. I don't care how long it has been going on, it needs to stop now. It is literally the embodiment of cultural appropriation.
    She's a powerful telepath and telepaths can survive the death's of their body. Meaning they can change their race and gender.

There's nothing wrong with that per say. Just like a shapeshifter could change their race or gender.

As for the red haired telepathic/telekinetic ladies, Maddie Pryor has horns and other demonic features and no longer looks anything like Jean. So for red haired telepaths/telekinetics, that's just Jean and her daughter Rachel. People look like their parents and can be similar. Jeen is going back to her time.

These days for the most part, most major X-Men are orphans and de facto don't have much a past. Phoenix/Jean, Storm, Colossus, Wolverine, Angel, Banshee, White Queen, Psylocke, Wolfsbane, Magik, Moonstar, Sunspot, pretty much all have dead parents. Parents are mainly alive if they are major villains or heroes (Magneto, Mystique, etc).

No one cared for British artistocracy in the X-Men, which don't take place in London or really care about London. And as for a rich blond (Betsy was blonde) we already had Emma Frost for that.

She was redundant and that's why she was changed, that's why she remained changed and she is known through all media as the psychic ninja girl and that's how she'll stay. The current Psylocke was engineered by Spiral in the lab, out of Betsy and Kwannon's dna and memories, as was Revanche. Revanche is dead and has remained dead because she is redundant.

Vice High Priest ~ CTT

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Not always, but Storm's Worlds Apart series was made to determine this, as I recall Chris Yost posting on these very forums and mentioned this when the series was about to come out. It didn't do well enough, and many people attribute it to being a half measure due to them changing the title from "Storm" to "X-men"(which is origially what it was going to be), along with some of the sales figures being screwed up in the first and second issue(IIRC). We were still thrown a bone a few years later, but we know how that all turned out. The early issues did sell better than all of the ones in WAP, so there is likely some truth to that criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    Hey yall I just wanted to know if yall liked or hated pak's run!!?
    Loved it. Hated the small scope and support from Marvel though. And that third issue was pretty bad. Like the worst... Ever.

Nah. Come what may, ending Guggenheim's reign of terror, and sending the O5 brats away, is cause enough for celebration. It was that bad. See ya!
    ^This. It isn't just mediocre. It's really bad... And a serious detriment to all the characters involved in that book.

much better I was under the weather but coming back around.

and agreed gold has been so bad.
    I'm glad to hear that, Kyss!
    Last edited by The Weather God; 01-06-2018 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    But both books are doing just fine. Why not just add more xbooks?

I hope Bloodstorm stays longer.
    Because "just fine" isn't good enough for the flagship books, or it shouldn't be. Gold needed to set the bar for the X-Universe and it fell far short of the mark. Good riddance to bad rubbish I say!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Between her and Tyra, Tyra was more forgiving. So Tyra deserves to be Storm.