10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Regardless if those characters are written donwn they still do great in a Team Book setting. So there is no excuse. None of us here want a weak Storm. But some of us want to see Storm grow and mature in power. Meaning we’d like to see her full potential that has been hinted, referenced and said multiple times now. We’re not asking for a EXTEREME ULTRA SUPER SAYAIN STORM LOL. We want a Storm that’s not afraid in showing her full power. She can still be well balanced and be very powerful too. We want to see her explore and experiment with her powers that could bring her to interesting new hieghts WHILE finding that Balance.

I don’t know who here wants a EXTREME ULTRA SUPER SAYAIN STORM. I know I don’t. There’s no need to have added powers when the Woman powers changes due to the Environment.
    Im pretty sure dozens of pages ago the general consensus was she should only be second to the "one above all". I could be misremembering though. lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Im pretty sure dozens of pages ago the general consensus was she should only be second to the "one above all". I could be misremembering though. lol
    I doubt that really. None of us here think that. And if there was talk of that it’s only talk of shoulda coulda woulda’s.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 02-07-2018 at 10:30 PM.

I doubt that really. None of us here think that. And if there was talk of that it’s only talk of shoulda coulda woulda’s.
    I know atleast a couple of users who think that. Not going to name and names though.

I'm not in this category. I just want a nice Balanced Storm yes i'd like to see her full potential and explore her powers more, but truth be told Storm already powerful as it is.
    This is my feelings as well. Storm's elemental abilities are very powerful and offer a plethora of uses and creativity for writers to delve into. She doesn't need new powers and I'd like her to revisit and explore her tactical skills and resourcefulness (things she's been shown to have for years but somehow our current writer think she's still a noob).

I wouldn't mind seeing her potential explored but, before we even get to that, I am much more interested in a compelling story for Ororo that gives her a compelling role in the MU and her powers explored and developed creatively. No reason we can't have that regularly her appearances (solo or team book).
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    I know atleast a couple of users who think that. Not going to name and names though.
    Actually, there’s just One

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    This is my feelings as well. Storm's elemental abilities are very powerful and offer a plethora of uses and creativity for writers to delve into. She doesn't need new powers and I'd like her to revisit and explore her tactical skills and resourcefulness (things she's been shown to have for years but somehow our current writer think she's still a noob).

I wouldn't mind seeing her potential explored but, before we even get to that, I am much more interested in a compelling story for Ororo that gives her a compelling role in the MU and her powers explored and developed creatively. No reason we can't have that regularly her appearances (solo or team book).
    I agree.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 02-07-2018 at 11:34 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    You misremembered indeed. I know somebody stating Storm is above one-above-all.

BANNED

I'm really tired of writers thinking Storm can only use her powers when there is access to weather.

Storm should be able to generate weather without depending on what is present on her location.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Exactly. The mission Marvel gave Jean in Red should have gone to Ororo, to be honest. Jean going to the UN and all? Storm got X-Treme X-Men UN sanctioned and she should have a lot of political ties from being queen. Make no mistake about it, this is something they have been planning for Jean for well over a year now at least when Storm would have made the most sense to give this kind of a book to and put on a team roster like what Jean has. Jean, just coming back, should have been on a team of X-Men characters she knows well that would have missed her. She would have done well on X-Men Gold (take out Rachel and put Jean on the lineup and swap Polaris on the team for Storm).

So, first, we get Storm on a team being led by Kitty after all the bad writing Ororo got in IvX on top of years worth of Lightning Lass. Then, we get Jean coming back and leading a new team with a mission that would have made more sense for Storm to take the lead on while Storm takes a nap each issue of Gold. Who knows? Maybe originally the mission given to Jean's book was originally intended for Ororo by whoever came up with the concept and the editors decided to hold Storm back for Jean. I knew no good would come for Storm with Jean back. Storm's a more powerful character with a greater potential for fresh stories to tell than Jean Grey. On top of it, when written well, Storm has greater appeal to a much larger fanbase than Jean. As I have said time and again: Marvel has a problem with Storm being their leading female icon. They intentionally try and hold her back to prop up other women characters for that role.
    one word: misogynoir.

that's what it boils down to. let's hope coates has something amazing in store for her that will change the status quo for the character.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Soooo... on a lighter note, before I dive in, I'm definitely #TeamStormissecondtonone #DaveCockrumwasright so I name myself. I'm one of those fans. I LOVE FEATS! And I'm shameless about it. But that doesn't mean I want Storm to have new powers. I want her established powerset to be explored. She has a wide range of energies at her disposal so I get why some feel like it could be adding new powers. They couldn't be wrong tho.

Is the X-Office really falling over themselves to bring T'Challa and Wakanda into the fold now? Oh, but Jean Grey is the woman given a leadership role and political motivations upon her return? Are you kidding me? Wow. Very, very telling. I'm so annoyed. Why is Jean Grey getting the storyline that should have rightfully been Storm's following the events of World's Apart? I wanna pick up X-red but now I feel like I'm gonna be more inclined to SEE red. I don't wanna get too worked up.

BANNED

I'm with #TeamStormIsSecondToNone too.

Who else?

Trungles did a Storm (and a Jubilee)

https://twitter.com/Trungles/status/961466518088413185

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    Trungles did a Storm (and a Jubilee)

https://twitter.com/Trungles/status/961466518088413185
    I am loving it!

I wanna see a different version though where her hair is just all white.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Soooo... on a lighter note, before I dive in, I'm definitely #TeamStormissecondtonone #DaveCockrumwasright so I name myself. I'm one of those fans. I LOVE FEATS! And I'm shameless about it. But that doesn't mean I want Storm to have new powers. I want her established powerset to be explored. She has a wide range of energies at her disposal so I get why some feel like it could be adding new powers. They couldn't be wrong tho.

Is the X-Office really falling over themselves to bring T'Challa and Wakanda into the fold now? Oh, but Jean Grey is the woman given a leadership role and political motivations upon her return? Are you kidding me? Wow. Very, very telling. I'm so annoyed. Why is Jean Grey getting the storyline that should have rightfully been Storm's following the events of World's Apart? I wanna pick up X-red but now I feel like I'm gonna be more inclined to SEE red. I don't wanna get too worked up.
    my sentiments exactly. red is a slap in the face to storm and her fans simple as that.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Seemed funny enough to share

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    my sentiments exactly. red is a slap in the face to storm and her fans simple as that.
    Yeah, I won't be supporting that book. If Marvel can do this to Storm and the book sells well, then they will always hold Storm back for Jean. Again, giving Jean this mission made no sense whatsoever. Not only does Storm have the years of experience to make her the most logical choice (she's led the X-Men since the 80s, she convinced the UN to give her X-Treme X-Men team authority, she's been queen of a nation, thus she has loads to ties to various heads of states...and lets just face it: every king around has wanted her to be soulmate be it Arkon, Dr. Doom, Khan (who ruled a multidimensional empire), T'challa, so obviously they see the regalness of her persona), but the team Jean has is what Storm needs. Ororo needs a team with about two old friends like Nightcrawler and Gambit and then characters like Namor, Gentle, and Trinary whose powers don't overlap with hers (I'm hoping Trinary's powers are different from Ororo's) so she doesn't get scaled back to give their abilities a niche to fill. The Wolverine-style characters can go to Gold with Jean as I don't care for ripoffs. Maybe a reformed Sabertooth can take their spot on the lineup.