View Poll Results: Storm is...

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Beautiful

    0 0%
  • Powerful

    10 31.25%
  • Gentle

    7 21.88%
  • Loving

    1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

    14 43.75%
  1. #31996
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    4,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I can't argue with you here because I don't read that title. I can only speak on this because of what I have seen in the X-Men books as of late.

    That said, with the right writer on the job, I would love to see Storm join a team like "The Defenders" where the team fights much more powerful threats. I'd like to see a team of Storm, Hulk, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Mr. Fantastic, and Iron Fist.
    That's a good team.
    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.

  2. #31997
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Wait a sec, you'd take Storm out to swap in Monica especially with how badly Ororo is being handled in the X-books right now? That would result in a potential missed opportunity to get in some good Storm writing. Have a care, mister, you tread on dangerous grounds, here.
    Huh?!? I was talking about adding (Riri Williams, Adam Brashear, and or Monica Rambuea) members to the team...

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Storm is giving me a strong magic feel here....

    Add Monica Rambuea and Blue Marvel and i think we have a damn good team.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    One or the other would be sufficient -- I don't think this team needs both of them... What about Riri Williams?
    Last edited by ZNOP; 10-04-2016 at 10:01 PM.

  3. #31998
    Extraordinary Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    5,933

    Default

    I've seen some fans says some stuff so far out there I wanted to reach throw the screen and punch them. In my head, I'm saying dude..."Your the reason some sites ban Storm conversation".
    YES. I KNOW exactly what you mean. I wanna curse them out so bad myself.

    Storm is one of my favorite characters in all of comics but I fully understand her limitation. There are tons of characters Storm will not gonna win against by herself (Superman, Silver Surfer, Dark Phoenix) but on the other hand there are tons of other characters she would obliterated (Cyclops, Spider-Man, Sunfire and maybe Aquaman).[/QUOTE]

    Oh I agree Storm can't content with like of Superman and Dark Phoenix or Surfer, but people don't want to admit she's hurt Cosmic Level beings before. I'm saying if Storm gotten her chance to explore her powers A LOT more and finally reach her full potential as it's been hinted at. MOST definitely Storm can probably take on those three people you mentioned. But right now she still take on some strong Heroes just the same.

  4. #31999
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I can't argue with you here because I don't read that title. I can only speak on this because of what I have seen in the X-Men books as of late.

    That said, with the right writer on the job, I would love to see Storm join a team like "The Defenders" where the team fights much more powerful threats. I'd like to see a team of Storm, Hulk, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Mr. Fantastic, and Iron Fist.
    It's a great book, you should read it.

  5. #32000
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    You just need threats that challenge them...see JLA



    I've seen some fans says some stuff so far out there I wanted to reach throw the screen and punch them. In my head, I'm saying dude..."Your the reason some sites ban Storm conversation".

    Storm is one of my favorite characters in all of comics but I fully understand her limitation. There are tons of characters Storm will not gonna win against by herself (Superman, Silver Surfer, Dark Phoenix) but on the other hand there are tons of other characters she would obliterated (Cyclops, Spider-Man, Sunfire and maybe Aquaman).
    i know there are many things that we as fans disagree upon. i remember arguing way back (maybe several mths ago) that storm could beat thanos similarly to how she did sinister thru an internal attack and i was called all types of fanboys on cv. and not even a wk or so ago we had that feat u posted where he was kod by an internal attack well within her ability to do (moral of the story never say never when it comes to the All-Goddess).

    i kno there are fans who fall on all spectrums of what it means to be a fan between most extreme to more reasonable and measured, but wat i do appreciate is that we as fans of the character can have a dialogue/conversation where we can respectfully disagree. its always fun talking with you guys about a character who has impacted our lives in varying ways .

  6. #32001
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Storm is #1: http://community.comicbookresources....rheroes/page10

    If you haven't voted yet, please vote.
    thats great! its so cool to see even with all the hita the xmenhave received Storm is still riding high at #1!
    thnks

  7. #32002
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Oh I agree Storm can't content with like of Superman and Dark Phoenix or Surfer, but people don't want to admit she's hurt Cosmic Level beings before. I'm saying if Storm gotten her chance to explore her powers A LOT more and finally reach her full potential as it's been hinted at. MOST definitely Storm can probably take on those three people you mentioned. But right now she still take on some strong Heroes just the same.
    This is precisely why I like to post pics with my argument(s) and or ask for the source of something by title and issue... Yes, Ororo has hurt a cosmic being or two as have a couple of other mutants that comes to mind -- but, some posters often throw massive titty fits when you tell them that Ororo isn't a step below Galactus in reguards to her powers and their applied application.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 10-05-2016 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Typo correction(s).

  8. #32003
    Extraordinary Member stormphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    5,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    This is precisely why I like to post pics with my argument(s) and or ask for the source of something by title and issue... Yes, Ororo has hurt a cosmic being or two as have a couple of other mutants that comes to mind -- but, some posters often throw massive titty fits when you tell them that Ororo isn't a step below Galactus in reguards to her powers and their applied application.
    Right I have seen posters get mad and throw a pissy fit becasue i'm saying things that's not true. NO it IS the truth if people actually do research about her powers and how they adapt to different environments they would be singing a different tune. It's pride people don't want to admit Storm can do and HAS done some cosmic level feats. I don't understand why is that hard to grasp. People don't know that Storm has on occasion used the energy of the Sun and Stars and moons, and the Earth to boost her powers for more devastating effect. Is that NOT THE SAME THING GALACTUS and THE PHOENIX do???......Yes it is.

    NO Storm isn't NOT on Galactus level or Phoenix, but she is NOT that far from them. Storm is doing cosmic feats that should be impossible for her in human form..yet she has proven everyone wrong that she can. And that's what people don't want to admit.

  9. #32004
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Right I have seen posters get mad and throw a pissy fit becasue i'm saying things that's not true. NO it IS the truth if people actually do research about her powers and how they adapt to different environments they would be singing a different tune. It's pride people don't want to admit Storm can do and HAS done some cosmic level feats. I don't understand why is that hard to grasp. People don't know that Storm has on occasion used the energy of the Sun and Stars and moons, and the Earth to boost her powers for more devastating effect. Is that NOT THE SAME THING GALACTUS and THE PHOENIX do???......Yes it is.

    NO Storm isn't NOT on Galactus level or Phoenix, but she is NOT that far from them. Storm is doing cosmic feats that should be impossible for her in human form..yet she has proven everyone wrong that she can. And that's what people don't want to admit.
    She's not Herald level either. She has to match other elementals and change her form. She can do cosmic level feats but she has to overcome her very real human limitations.

  10. #32005
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,672

    Default

    Anyone check of DoX #1? Anything relevant to Storm in the issue?

  11. #32006
    Incredible Member Stormrocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    She's not Herald level either. She has to match other elementals and change her form. She can do cosmic level feats but she has to overcome her very real human limitations.
    Great statement!

  12. #32007
    Fantastic Member xfire2k13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Anyone check of DoX #1? Anything relevant to Storm in the issue?
    Not really, she wasn't in the issue

  13. #32008
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xfire2k13 View Post
    Not really, she wasn't in the issue
    Thanks xfire for the head ups. Still gonna check it out and see what all the fuss is about when I get home.

  14. #32009
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    She's not Herald level either. She has to match other elementals and change her form. She can do cosmic level feats but she has to overcome her very real human limitations.
    I disagree with you. She doesn't have to evolve into an elemental being as she has feats of massive power ,even by cosmic standards, under her belt. Heck, Phoenix Force Jean Grey beat a Herald of Galactus by throwing a blast backed by the power of a star and Storm beat that a few issues earlier by throwing an attack backed by the full power of a star. That is nowhere near Storm's biggest feat, either. That said, I have a difficult time stating who Storm can and cannot beat when her biggest feats are brought into the debate. When you combine her powerset (she can perceive the universe as patterns of energy and forces she can bend to her will) and the raw power she has wielded in some of her feats, a writer can have her beat whatever threat they want to throw at her, including cosmic abstracts, without using any PIS. (This could be what Pak was referring to when he stated in an interview that Storm is one of Marvel's biggest powerhouses who can go toe-to-toe with anyone.) The last statement I made prior to my parenthetical sentence is why I feel that Storm could possibly dwarf all of the abstracts when she evolves to her full potential since it is arguable that she could go toe-to-toe with them right now in her human form based on some of her high end feats.Now, at the levels she is usually written at, your statement is correct. However, when you start throwing in her high end feats (galactic core, beating the Trion, sewing a reality back together when it was falling apart at its seams, etc), then that changes the entire debate and anything becomes possible.
    Last edited by rutog98; 10-05-2016 at 12:48 PM.

  15. #32010
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I disagree with you. She doesn't have to evolve into an elemental being as she has feats of massive power ,even by cosmic standards, under her belt. Heck, Phoenix Force Jean Grey beat a Herald of Galactus by throwing a blast backed by the power of a star and Storm beat that a few issues earlier by throwing an attack backed by the full power of a star. That is nowhere near Storm's biggest feat, either. That said, I have a difficult time stating who Storm can and cannot beat when her biggest feats are brought into the debate. When you combine her powerset (she can perceive the universe as patterns of energy and forces she can bend to her will) and the raw power she has wielded in some of her feats, a writer can have her beat whatever threat they want to throw at her, including cosmic abstracts, without using any PIS. (This could be what Pak was referring to when he stated in an interview that Storm is one of Marvel's biggest powerhouses who can go toe-to-toe with anyone.) The last statement I made prior to my parenthetical sentence is why I feel that Storm could possibly dwarf all of the abstracts when she evolves to her full potential since it is arguable that she could go toe-to-toe with them right now in her human form based on some of her high end feats.Now, at the levels she is usually written at, your statement is correct. However, when you start throwing in her high end feats (galactic core, beating the Trion, sewing a reality back together when it was falling apart at its seams, etc), then that changes the entire debate and anything becomes possible.
    A bullet can kill her.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •