7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Are we really doing this?
    LOL of course not. I'm just being silly
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Ask T'Challa

Hell I'd like to ask him a few questions of my own........
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    That look in the eye

Attachment 63422
    I've said one and i'll say it again....she is just like Wonder Woman when she operates without powers.

Those Eyes are just awesome.

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Thanks. LOL I try to be a ray of light in the darkness around here (though I'm sure I could be a little nicer) but my job should be much easier now to keep ya'll laughing.
    No don’t change at all that personality is everything. I live for the shade.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Idk if this was wrong on Claremont. But he had Betsy say Creed almost killed her twice. I only remember the once.
    Wayyyy back in Mutant Massacre when Psylocke was first joining she barely fended off Sabretooth before Storm and Logan arrived to save her. Then again much later in the 90's when he actually gutted her when she saved Boom Boom after Victor had tricked her into freeing him.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Wayyyy back in Mutant Massacre when Psylocke was first joining she barely fended off Sabretooth before Storm and Logan arrived to save her. Then again much later in the 90's when he actually gutted her when she saved Boom Boom after Victor had tricked her into freeing him.
    Thanks. a lot

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I've said one and i'll say it again....she is just like Wonder Woman when she operates without powers.

Those Eyes are just awesome.
    Loved Bachalo’s art here. And Kim’s storytelling. Storm looked like a tomb raider fresh out of hell with that steely gaze! Lopping off heads, throwing stakes into hearts or lightning incineration! Loved this story!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Now Rut u know I love you but betsy is a ninja,an assassin. Ororo ain't competing with that.
    Agreed on all comparison points except the bold. I think being a ninja isn’t enough to beat Storm in a close quarter fight (she molly-wopped the **** out of 2 dozen ninjas with no sign of difficulty).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Loved Bachalo’s art here. And Kim’s storytelling. Storm looked like a tomb raider fresh out of hell with that steely gaze! Lopping off heads, throwing stakes into hearts or lightning incineration! Loved this story!
    Oh yeah she sure did look like Tomb Raider with a dash of Blade LOL

To me, Storm's fighting skill is on the same level of Catwoman. Good enough to defeat a dozen Hand ninjas but falls well below seasoned/master fighters like Batman, Lady Shiva, Iron Fist, Daredevil and Black Panther. Storm is a street fighter who been trained in martial arts to maximize her natural agility to win fights...like Gambit.

Marvel should at least move her combat rating to a level 5.

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Hell I'd like to ask him a few questions of my own........
    I'll help....lol
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 03-17-2018 at 02:43 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    1. Oh I very much do believe it my love. And yes her conditions to accepting the offer to her by kitty was sleeping with Logan. Doesn't matter what it sounds like. The scans are there and the speak for themselves. Storm told Logan she would tell him her answer under two conditions, one of those was sex. And Logan even asked her was she sure before they did the do was she OK with going through with it, as he realized that her marriage just ended.

2. Ororo was taking orders from cyclops during schism up until the events of AvX. Not sure what your point is but cyclops was leading that faction of the xmen not Ororo.

3. And in all those books that Storm was featured in, including her solo what type of development did she get? How did those stories drive the xoffices? And I have a lot to believe if she was still queen she would be treated better. In black and the crew it's one of the first stories I can recall where we saw her life and her connections to the world totally separate from the xmen. Moreover, in his actual book she is shown as competent, thoughtful and the strong fighter we know her to be. The Wakandans, some worship her as a true goddess. These are the things happening in the bp books, you know actually character development. The same can't be said of the xbooks.
    1.Yeah, no. The scans don't show that. OR what you originally claimed. No one would seriously interpret it that way. Even BBeeryan went with "editorially speaking" to support his "shaming the Black penis" or whatever narrative. But I'm sure you believe it. wink. wink.

2.Joining a side doesn't mean taking order. Storm and her team were clearly shown to act independently and even against Cyclops' will in the X-Men title during Schism. AND that was before the annulment anyway.

3. Being worshiped as a goddess isn't a development for Storm, it's a regression to her first appearance in ANAD. Something she had expressly moved away from during Claremont's run.
    And being the Queen of Wakanda means she would have had even more resources to save mutants from the Inhuman cloud. The problem is she still wouldn't have been allowed to deal with the situation in an effective way because Marvel wanted the drama to boost IvX. So Queen Ororo would have looked even more inept.

Also, the marriage lasted for years. It's great if it worked for you but that development apparently never clicked with a majority of fans (not enough to support the BP books anyway). And it makes sense. Most Storm fans are X-fans, why would they want to see her durably away from the X-men?

Not every development is interesting or necessarily good for the character. Title accumulation, power boosts, feat escalation are actually easy to do but, more often than not, they ultimately get in the way of good stories. Sadly we didn't get many of those either after the annulment but it's not like being married or a queen ever protected a character from bad writing or editorial decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Written by an X-Writer. Gutter move.
    I agree that was unnecessary (like most of Aaron's run, to be honest) and I can sympathize with the BP fans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lutecius View Post
    1.Yeah, no. The scans don't show that. OR what you originally claimed. No one would seriously interpret it that way. Even BBeeryan went with "editorially speaking" to support his "shaming the Black penis" or whatever narrative. But I'm sure you believe it. wink. wink.

2.Joining a side doesn't mean taking order. Storm and her team were clearly shown to act independently and even against Cyclops' will in the X-Men title during Schism. AND that was before the annulment anyway.

3. Being worshiped as a goddess isn't a development for Storm, it's a regression to her first appearance in ANAD. Something she had expressly moved away from during Claremont's run.
    And being the Queen of Wakanda means she would have had even more resources to save mutants from the Inhuman cloud. The problem is she still wouldn't have been allowed to deal with the situation in an effective way because Marvel wanted the drama to boost IvX. So Queen Ororo would have looked even more inept.

Also, the marriage lasted for years. It's great if it worked for you but that development apparently never clicked with a majority of fans (not enough to support the BP books anyway). And it makes sense. Most Storm fans are X-fans, why would they want to see her durably away from the X-men?

Not every development is interesting or necessarily good for the character. Title accumulation, power boosts, feat escalation are actually easy to do but, more often than not, they ultimately get in the way of good stories. Sadly we didn't get many of those either after the annulment but it's not like being married or a queen ever protected a character from bad writing or editorial decisions.

I agree that was unnecessary (like most of Aaron's run, to be honest) and I can sympathize with the BP fans.
    Excuse me, (correct me if I'm wrong, I doubt I am, tho) but I can't shake the impression that you're implying that I changed my argument to better make my point. Which I didn't. Not sure you were paying attention, but when this specific argument (black dick fear) first came up, it was around the time you starting pushing the idea that Storm should have no feelings about gentrification. (Which is weird) My exchange with Chaos Reigns is what led to me elaborating on why I felt the way I did. And in that exchange it was well established that I felt it was always editorially mandated. It was clear because I kept emphasizing that she was EDITORIALLY written out and demoted.

I only recently stated emphatically that the shame of the Black penis was EDITORIALLY mandated because it was clear that it needed to be stated for fans such as yourself. To go into even greater detail for those that compel themselves to ignore clear context clues, (I'm side-eyeing you and the rest of them) there is great shame attached to the X-office pretending that black males don't exist. There is even greater shame is systematically removing them from the board entirely. That's what happened. That's what's been happening. Oh, but, I didn't think I needed to tell you, a reader who appears to have been reading for quite a while, that there isn't one arc that can be singled out for systematically erasing all the black penis from the ranks of the X-men. You can't just call out one story. It's the narrative that shows readers that prominent and integral black (men in particular) characters aren't welcomed in the X-books. But I'm sure that narrative is lost on you. Don't try and use my arguments to make a point when you aren't even clear on the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    To me, Storm's fighting skill is on the same level of Catwoman. Good enough to defeat a dozen Hand ninjas but falls well below seasoned/master fighters like Batman, Lady Shiva, Iron Fist, Daredevil and Black Panther. Storm is a street fighter who been trained in martial arts to maximize her natural agility to win fights...like Gambit.

Marvel should at least move her combat rating to a level 5.
    Agreed. If I could re-do her stats from the seven scale I'd go:

Intelligence: 3 (Learned) - years of combat/tactical experience + completed college courses at Xavier's School
    Strength: 2 (Normal) - lifting her own weight up to twice her body weight
    Speed: 3/7 - Sub-sonic (wind based flight) - confirmed highest speed on panel is 390mph
    5/7 - Supersonic (lightning boosted flight)
    Durability: 2
    5/7 (elemental defensive shield)
    Energy Projection: 5 (long range, long duration, single energy type) - argument could be made for a 6 rating here since she wields multiple forms of energy but all under the elemental forces umbrella
    Fighting Ability:5 (Master of single form of combat) - many years of close quarter combat training and fighting experience

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lutecius View Post

1. There are some who think she slept her way into becoming headmistress. I'm one of them and her de-robing stating that she needs two favors (one of which was sex) before she would give him an answer supports that.

2. Regardless of what you wish to believe Storm was taking orders from Cyclops:

Doesn't matter when it was, when she was an xmen during that time and a good portion of the time since she was taking orders from someone and wasn't fully in charge of the xmen on her own. When it wasnt cyclops it was Wolverine. And when she had her time post marriage to be the leader that she should have been they had her helpless against a cloud and second guessing herself most of the way. That then ended with her being ordered around by Kitty.

3. When has her being an actual goddess been explored since she left the plains of Kenya? And are you sure Claremont wanted to move away from that because I recall the opposite:

The fact of the matter is that Coates is building upon what Claremont wrote years ago. He expressed she isn't a goddess yet and now Coates has made that fully realized. Therefore that is development my friend and development that aligns to canon.

Nevertheless, we don't know what Marvel would have allowed her do if the marriage had not been dissolved so that is all moot. What we do know is that post the marriage she has been treated like trash in the xbooks and has been treated the opposite in the bp books.

You can't quantify how many storm fans are xmen or bp fans. I would argue that there are many who are fans of both franchises especially post the movies success which is why you there has been a large public response in wanting to see her on his movies. At the end of the day the point is your statement and mine are simply opinion. But my scans I've provided from 616 isn't... that's fact.

And I agreed every development isn't necessarily good for the character. You can see how the xoffices have treated storm since the marriage for evidence of this.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-17-2018 at 04:16 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Agreed. If I could re-do her stats from the seven scale I'd go:

Intelligence: 3 (Learned) - years of combat/tactical experience + completed college courses at Xavier's School
    Strength: 2 (Normal) - lifting her own weight up to twice her body weight
    Speed: 3/7 - Sub-sonic (wind based flight) - confirmed highest speed on panel is 390mph
    5/7 - Supersonic (lightning boosted flight)
    Durability: 2
    5/7 (elemental defensive shield)
    Energy Projection: 5 (long range, long duration, single energy type) - argument could be made for a 6 rating here since she wields multiple forms of energy but all under the elemental forces umbrella
    Fighting Ability:5 (Master of single form of combat) - many years of close quarter combat training and fighting experience
    Here's mine I posted awhile back rider tell me what you think:

Agility - Ability to move the body with flexibility and coordination
    1-Clumsy
    2-Normal
    3-Athlete [above average]
    4-Peak Human
    5-Enhanced Human [beyond the natural limits of the human body]
    6-Superhuman [significantly beyond the natural limits of the human body]
    7-Metahuman [extraordinary beyond the natural limits of the human body]

She is pretty agile and I wanted to use a few showings when she didn't have her powers. Here she is performing a few cart wheels while evading being attacked. She also showed how agile she could be when fighting Cyclops depowered. That said, this is nothing a normal person could not (with the exception of evadin Cyclops blast). This is why I gave her a 3 here.

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Durability - Ability to resist and recover from bodily injury or disease
    1-Easily Injured
    2-Normal
    3-Above Average
    4-Enhanced Human
    5-Bulletproof [stronger, harder body than a human's]
    6-Superhuman [can withstand most poisons, concussions, temperature extremes]
    7-Indestructible [almost impossible to injure]

For this one I gave her a high durability due to her high resistance to the elements. She has survived being in cold/hot temps as well as direct exposure to radiation: