10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I don't see Ororo being a bridesmaids for kitty simply seeing she has always been a mother figure to her. But with how these books are written here lately they may Ororo carrying the train to her dress as she walks down the aisle. I'm all for it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I don't see Ororo being a bridesmaids for kitty simply seeing she has always been a mother figure to her. But with how these books are written here lately they may Ororo carrying the train to her dress as she walks down the aisle. I'm all for it.
    If Guggenheim is writing, Storm will be lucky to get an invite let alone be a part of the wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by planetxmen View Post
    If Guggenheim is writing, Storm will be lucky to get an invite let alone be a part of the wedding.
    If MG is writing (which he is), Storm will definitely get an invite. Her primarily role has been to prop Kitty up so she'll be there. I can see the day almost being ruined by a rainstorm and OML stepping in to remind Storm that she use her powers to make it sunny out

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    If MG is writing (which he is), Storm will definitely get an invite. Her primarily role has been to prop Kitty up so she'll be there. I can see the day almost being ruined by a rainstorm and OML stepping in to remind Storm that she use her powers to make it sunny out
    ugh.. well that will be another book i won't be purchasing. this guy... im not sure who's worse: guggs, bendis, or fraction.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Bendis, Guggenheim, fraction in that order.

Bendis, Fraction, Lobdell, Aaron and Hudlin all had horrible Storm issues, but each of them also had at least one or two good Storm moments. Guggenheim has at least one good Storm moment(that Thor/Mjolnir/Stormcaster story). Guggenheim is certainly making a great case for worst Storm writer ever, but it's not so cut and dry yet.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    Bendis, Guggenheim, fraction in that order.
    any reason for this order chaos??

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Bendis, Fraction, Lobdell, Aaron and Hudlin all had horrible Storm issues, but each of them also had at least one or two good Storm moments. Guggenheim has at least one good Storm moment(that Thor/Mjolnir/Stormcaster story). Guggenheim is certainly making a great case for worst Storm writer ever, but it's not so cut and dry yet.
    i thought the stormcaster story was cool but i always hated how ambiguous it came acrosd if she was worthy or not. that was my inly complaint from that one but outside of that it read well. like a completely different writer.

what order would you rate the ones you listed ?

any reason for this order chaos??
    I am curious too because I think Guggenheim is worst than Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I am curious too because I think Guggenheim is worst than Bendis.
    yea bendis for as bad as he was, showed her written with a backbone at times. but im thinking about her avengers stint and that was pretty bad too. but i dint think he ever wrote her to say my powers dont work because there is no weather so i think guggs would be worse based upon that.

i thought the stormcaster story was cool but i always hated how ambiguous it came acrosd if she was worthy or not. that was my inly complaint from that one but outside of that it read well. like a completely different writer.

what order would you rate the ones you listed ?
    I can't compare them until Guggenheim's run is over. Like, remember Wood's X-Men run with the protomutants? That was some fire Storm during the Utopia days, but then he got the all-female cast in the next volume and his Storm was horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I can't compare them until Guggenheim's run is over. Like, remember Wood's X-Men run with the protomutants? That was some fire Storm during the Utopia days, but then he got the all-female cast in the next volume and his Storm was horrible.
    i wonder how much the controversy that came up had to do with him losing his mojo. i thought he sid an exceptional job writing her diring the proto mutant arc. but i see your point. just for curiosity sake leave guggs out. how would rate the writers you listed from worst to best.

That said, let's work with the data available:

Lobdell- fundamentally did not understand her powers(Unlimited #1) or personality, wasted the AoA opportunity, but his Storm/Yukio and Storm/Marrow stories were decent. Mostly just coasted, but occasional flares (like Storm blasting all the Avengers when they came to help in Onslaught) showed he realized what Storm was supposed to be. Overall rating: C

Wood/Hudlin/Bendis- Wood started off exceptionally strong, even if that Piotr beef was a bit contrived, it was well executed and his Storm was not to trifled with. But then you had the all-female team era which was a borefest and regurgitated the contrived beef with Rachel instead of Piotr. Hudlin was the opposite, started off horrible(my powers don't work in space, underwater, etc...), but that last arc showed the slightest bit of potential(making the shaman send her to the afterworld and saving T'Challa from Death was cool, but then she had no way out and was going to sacrifice herself to take T'Challa's place in death....). Bendis gave Storm a few moments of HBIC action in his run(taking down Magik in one shot, taking down a whole Shield helicarrier in one shot, putting crazy-Rightclops in his place), but he kept her on the peripheral and loses major points for his horrible use of her in very brief Avengers run and Ultimate Storm too. Overall, C-.

Aaron/Guggenheim- Jason Aaron wrote that Secret Invasion story and made Storm not use her powers to defend Wakanda(when she could have just hurricaned their ship before they even touched down), making her just follow T'Challa's plan(which led to the deaths of many Wakandans) and use a sword in the end. Horrible. The Amazing X-Men run didn't do much to improve, either(rendering her powerless in Hell while they can all breathe air), making her wield an ax instead of her awesome powers. Only his brief God-gambit vs. the Candanian beast gods keeps him from a full F. Guggenheim's Stormcaster story had potential, but his X-Women arc rendered Storm comatose for plot convenience, and his Gold has not improved. Overall, D/D-.

Dishonorable mention: Maberry's DoomWar was particularly bad for T'Challa, but his Storm didn't really do so much wrong as just allow things to deteriorate around her. He did give her epic displays against various Doombots/vibranium monsters, though, so while she was reduced to a damsel in distress for much of the story, she did rise up later. Also, that was just one short story, so no grade, just bears mention.

Did I forget anyone of note?

i wonder how much the controversy that came up had to do with him losing his mojo.
    I feel like that controversy didn't come to light until quite some time into the run, so most of that stands on him, I think. People loved the earlier protomutant arc, so I think he and his editors just decided to try that again with Rachel. But it didn't work. And then the scandal dropped. But I could be forgetting some timing there.

Which writer only wrote Storm briefly ie never as part of their team, that you wanted to see more of?
    I mean ongoing writers like Carey, PAD, Nicieza, Davis, Morrison etc