• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
Page 218 of 3522 FirstFirst ... 1181682082142152162172182192202212222282683187181218 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 52830

Quote Originally Posted by WINDRIDER View Post
    Cool. I loved that story. And I would also recommend Gamma Quest Trilogy if you don't have that one. And there is also one where the X-Men have to team up with Dracula (can't remember the name at the moment) and it was an enjoyable read.
    Omg I have all of those books. I used to absolutely LOVE them. Especially Soul Killer, the one you're referring to when they had to team up with Dracula. That. Book. Was. Everything. Care to discuss it?

Oh and I never did complete my collection of the Gamme Quest Trilolgy. I had the first one. And in that one I remember an epic showdown between her and Iron Man. She took that motherf*cka out. HBIC style. I think she even dissipated one of his repulsor ray beam things with the atmosphere before it even touched her. Omg she was so boss in that fight. Did she have any other great moments in the rest of that trilogy? I wasn't a big fan of the Chaos Engine one. She was just kind of...there. She did however beat the breaks off of Nazi Meggan if I'm correct. With handcuffs on no less.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shade101 View Post
    Don't remind me. Those were the dark ages...
    lol. So you were there? What was your name there?

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    lol. So you were there? What was your name there?
    Honey I've always been THE Shade! Whether it was just Shade, or Shade101. I've been around for a very long time. And you may not know, but I've known you for a long time as well. Specifically in your earlier days when you were a bit more... "zealous" than what you are now.

BANNED

Honey I've always been THE Shade! Whether it was just Shade, or Shade101. I've been around for a very long time. And you may not know, but I've known you for a long time as well. Specifically in your earlier days when you were a bit more... "zealous" than what you are now.
    Hahahaha. They started it first. They created Storm vs threads and I just want to defend Storm the best that I can.

I remember the almost all Storm vs threads showed up on the first page of the battles forum. That was awesome and it only happened to Storm. Hahahaha

Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally read Amazing X-men, the Annual AND X-men... All three were good (such a great time to be a true fan of the Goddess), LOVED Storm's vote in X-men, can't wait for Rachel to get her much deserved smack down by Ororo. The annual's villain was great, and I'd love to see more. Kyle&Yost write a brilliant Storm, can't wait to see more (WANT more Northstar by them too, that teaser was great).

Omg I have all of those books. I used to absolutely LOVE them. Especially Soul Killer, the one you're referring to when they had to team up with Dracula. That. Book. Was. Everything. Care to discuss it?

Oh and I never did complete my collection of the Gamme Quest Trilolgy. I had the first one. And in that one I remember an epic showdown between her and Iron Man. She took that motherf*cka out. HBIC style. I think she even dissipated one of his repulsor ray beam things with the atmosphere before it even touched her. Omg she was so boss in that fight. Did she have any other great moments in the rest of that trilogy? I wasn't a big fan of the Chaos Engine one. She was just kind of...there. She did however beat the breaks off of Nazi Meggan if I'm correct. With handcuffs on no less.
    She had some other great moments, but the Iron Man fight was the best. She fought the Harpy in Book 2 and the Avengers and the X-Men team up to take on the main enemy in book 3 (I don't want to spoil it for you if you still plan on reading it). Storm's leadership and powers were very evident in the book.

Book 1 of the Chaos engines was very good. I love seeing Storm as Empress of the world and married to Dr. Doom. I don't remember the second book with Magneto in charge, but the 3rd with the Red Skull was pretty interesting. Storm without her powers was still a bad ass.

I also loved Soul Killer. It had Storm taking on a Rogue impersonator and owning her. It was a good read!

a work in progress LycheeLoving's Avatar

On the topic of Storm's powers - there's no questioning that she's up there in terms of raw power, but I'm more interested in the limitations and consequences of her using them.

Has this been touched on again, ever? It's the kind of thing I'd like to read about. She's capable of a lot, but chooses not to let lose so completely because the results could be devastating (and if/when she has to let lose, she takes responsibility for her actions)

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

To me Rutog, her defeating Magneto is such a minor thing. IMHO, in the end Storm's final mutation should either make her a mutant version or replacement for Gaea. IMHO, Storm becoming Gaea trumips anythhing Magneto has every done.

Uncanny X-Men #147 mentions that Storm can control all the myriad (many) elements of the planet, which was a hints at her becoming an true goddess of the earth.
    This would be amazing. Storm becoming an equal to an elder goddess is such a fitting role for her as far as her character's progression. Never thought of her like that before but it would be a fitting role.

It was this one WINDRIDER.

Ah OK. I don't think is a defeat though RLAAM. IN that book he was fighting both her and Black Panther and while her winds did put him on his butt =/= a defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal Stormultt View Post
    !!!!
    This is the reason I always turn a cheek to a Magneto vs Storm fight.
    It's ridiculous at this point.
    Her>Him.
    End of.
    I just wish they'd give her more feats and showings just for because well...she fucking deserves it.

LMAO I swear your gifs be killing me over here.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    She had some other great moments, but the Iron Man fight was the best. She fought the Harpy in Book 2 and the Avengers and the X-Men team up to take on the main enemy in book 3 (I don't want to spoil it for you if you still plan on reading it). Storm's leadership and powers were very evident in the book.

Book 1 of the Chaos engines was very good. I love seeing Storm as Empress of the world and married to Dr. Doom. I don't remember the second book with Magneto in charge, but the 3rd with the Red Skull was pretty interesting. Storm without her powers was still a bad ass.

I also loved Soul Killer. It had Storm taking on a Rogue impersonator and owning her. It was a good read!

Your avatar rocks!

I don't know if I will read it. It was so long ago when I read those books but I still remember a lot about them. Every now and then I'll go back and read specific chapters. But if you say she has more good moments I might just try and find them.

As for the Chaos Triology I barely remember anything about the second book with Magneto in charge. All I remember is that he was running a school, and all the X-Men worked for him. That's basically it. The third one was the one with the Red Skull segregating the world and she was in Africa. I think Nightcrawler had a crush on her in that book. And poor thing was bullied by his own team members.

But Soul Killer was the best! That whole showdown with the Rogue imposter was intense. Short, but suspensful. I remember 'Ro shocked that heffa in her face. Knocked her out cold. I love how the writer even did his homework with her and revisited a lot of memories from her past when she had her memory wiped clean by vampire Rogue. Everything from the swimming in the lakes and rivers to her remembering stealth techniques she had learned. *Sigh* If only she could be written like that in the comics...

Omega I'm genuinely impressed that you know she's 5'11" --- She seems like she'd be tall though? Maybe it's all in the hair... --- Ororo has to be one of my favourites though. Even any fanfic I've read on her is awesome. --- The article they had here on CBR about the new Storm ongoing solo series sold me on it. I added it to my pulls right away but unfortunately only made it in time for #2 so I'm going to have to chase a copy of #1 when it hits the shelves. --- Just something for discussion, who would you all want her to have children to? Thinking of power-blends and potential overpowered-ness of course... Is her and Thor too obvious?... Ridiculously OP magic-all element-power child... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I'm still waiting for a more in depth story of when Storm first met the Bright Lady (Oshtur) during her youth in a flashback in I think UXM 225 or 226. She appeared to manifest herself looking like Storm. I was so intrigued and wanted more but Claremont just left us hanging and surprisingly never revisited it. What exactly happened there? Did they speak to one another? So many questions. Maybe down the line her solo will answer it.
    Oh yeah I totally forgot about that. This is the time she was on the alternate planet for a year with Forge, right? Yes that is definitely a storyline that would be great for her solo. Her powers and matrilineal bloodline gives her a connection to both Gaea and Oshtur and dates back to the beginning of humanity. I think a story about Storm learning of this connection, why her bloodline is favored by Oshtur, and what her potential can be would be great.

Yes that's the one . Good memory Shade. Soul Killer was such a good read. I forgot who the writer was but that did such a great job with Storm. When she dropped that version of Rogue, who had Ms. Marvel level durability by striking her in the skull with a bolt of lightning despite being weak from being drained earlier I was like ....yessss. And then when she had her last confrontation with Dracula and still able to up an impressive fight while being ready to collapse. Impressing Dracula and making him want her all the more. This writer recognized Storm's strength of will and spirit. Definitely worth picking up for Storm fans.

And yes, please get the whole Gamma Quest Trilogy. I loved her showdown with Iron Man. She used her powers to be very difficult for him to find, to counter his powers, and then EMP'd his a$$ out of the sky. And yes she later had a fight with a mechanical version of the Harpy and later on in the end with the main villain was great. This book gave Ororo some nice shining moments in terms of power, leadership, and strength of character. Also do you have Dark Mirror?

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally read Amazing X-men, the Annual AND X-men... All three were good (such a great time to be a true fan of the Goddess), LOVED Storm's vote in X-men, can't wait for Rachel to get her much deserved smack down by Ororo. The annual's villain was great, and I'd love to see more. Kyle&Yost write a brilliant Storm, can't wait to see more (WANT more Northstar by them too, that teaser was great).
    I loved Amazing X-Men. Yost/Kyle did a great job with this story set up and character interaction. The annual was also a nice story. Not the best we have had for Storm but a nice one in a long time and cool reminder of what Storm's life was like prior to joining the X-Men. Her powers meant so much to the people she was helping, be it rain or dispensing her own justice for those who oppressed people in her land (that the arrogant side of her that I like lol), and I liked that the book touched on that. Good build for her solo.

Did you also read Mutant Empire? Dark Mirror? Or novel versions of X-Men 1,2, & 3? I thought the books were better than the films.

Quote Originally Posted by LycheeLoving View Post
    On the topic of Storm's powers - there's no questioning that she's up there in terms of raw power, but I'm more interested in the limitations and consequences of her using them.

Has this been touched on again, ever? It's the kind of thing I'd like to read about. She's capable of a lot, but chooses not to let lose so completely because the results could be devastating (and if/when she has to let lose, she takes responsibility for her actions)
    It would be good to see how this looks from the global perspective. Like if she saves village from a massive hurricane by disbursing it where does that energy get distributed around the planet? Like if storms and other major natural phenomena (volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, etc.) are the earth's way of controlling and distributing it's excess energy around the globe and Storm is using her powers to manipulate these forces, how does she manage doing that and keeping the world's biosphere and ecosystem in balance? Like disbursing all of the energies in a big hurricane ( the heat, pressure, electrical forces, etc.) around the world or a particular area, what impact does the energy redistribution have on the planet?

Your avatar rocks!
    Thank you! Storm and Peter are two of my favorite X-Men. I know they have a brother/sister bond, but if you read the early X-Men issues, I would swear Peter had a crush on her. They are two I wouldn't mind hooking up.

BANNED

Thank you! Storm and Peter are two of my favorite X-Men. I know they have a brother/sister bond, but if you read the early X-Men issues, I would swear Peter had a crush on her. They are two I wouldn't mind hooking up.
    I've felt that on early issues of uncanny x-men. I really love you avatar with that round lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Type View Post
    Omega I'm genuinely impressed that you know she's 5'11" --- She seems like she'd be tall though? Maybe it's all in the hair... --- Ororo has to be one of my favourites though. Even any fanfic I've read on her is awesome. --- The article they had here on CBR about the new Storm ongoing solo series sold me on it. I added it to my pulls right away but unfortunately only made it in time for #2 so I'm going to have to chase a copy of #1 when it hits the shelves. --- Just something for discussion, who would you all want her to have children to? Thinking of power-blends and potential overpowered-ness of course... Is her and Thor too obvious?... Ridiculously OP magic-all element-power child... lol
    I'm not sure TBH. I have not really wanted to see her with kids but I did like the alt. universe stories where she had children with Wolverine. I would prefer a mate with stature, like Thor, but Id need to see their actual romantic chemistry play out on panel. They would have some epically powerful children. I have always liked the chemistry she has with both Gambit and Nightcrawler, but I don't know if see them having kids together.