View Poll Results: Storm is...

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Beautiful

    0 0%
  • Powerful

    10 31.25%
  • Gentle

    7 21.88%
  • Loving

    1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

    14 43.75%
  1. #45766
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    The fact people said that about Kitty is VERY VERY EMBARRASSING.
    Lolol. Storm is arguably X-Men biggest and most popular female character but I'm not tripping about a Storm solo just yet. I would rather Disney do it because we would get better graphics and a better storm fox could ever dream to do.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  2. #45767
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I read the original run a couple years ago..... let's just say it's a miracle they lasted long enough to be revamped by Wein/Cockrum/Claremont et al.

    Were the stories bland? The characters boring? I never cared enough about the O5 to read the pre-Storm X-Men run.

  3. #45768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Lolol. Storm is arguably X-Men biggest and most popular female character but I'm not tripping about a Storm solo just yet. I would rather Disney do it because we would get better graphics and a better storm fox could ever dream to do.
    I would do many, many things to get a Storm solo movie from MCU that was as opulent as what we are seeing for BP. Not Storm in a BP movie, but a solo Storm movie. Expand on her mother's history, full origin(Harlem to Cairo to weather goddess), and joining the X-Men(could even use Krakoa as the third act finisher). Now that would be a movie the world has never seen!!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  4. #45769
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Others seem to be asking why Fox would push a Kitty movie before Storm:


    https://www.elitedaily.com/p/x-men-s...mutant-8212061

    The only question that fans have is why Kitty Pryde and not the character Storm? With the huge media storm around*Black Panther*at a fever pitch, one would think 20th Century FOX would try to take advantage and announce a Storm stand alone, especially since she eventually marries T'Challa in the comics.


    I can think of a couple of reasons.
    I'll be sitting this movie out. Sounds boring. Not going.

  5. #45770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Were the stories bland? The characters boring? I never cared enough about the O5 to read the pre-Storm X-Men run.
    Bland, boring, occasionally offensive. It was like a labor of Hercules to finish them all(I just browsed through some, even). There's maybe two stories I genuinely liked and they are both in the tail end(Thomas's run) and one is co-written by Claremont!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  6. #45771
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Were the stories bland? The characters boring? I never cared enough about the O5 to read the pre-Storm X-Men run.
    They aren't Claremont by any means but it's nice to see where the X-Men were before the giant cast and its cool to read about some of the obscure characters like stranger and unus.

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I would do many, many things to get a Storm solo movie from MCU that was as opulent as what we are seeing for BP. Not Storm in a BP movie, but a solo Storm movie. Expand on her mother's history, full origin(Harlem to Cairo to weather goddess), and joining the X-Men(could even use Krakoa as the third act finisher). Now that would be a movie the world has never seen!!

    I would be down for all of that. A goddess storm is something that would definitely catapult her back in the interest of pop culture.

    Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I'll be sitting this movie out. Sounds boring. Not going.
    OH I wont be paying to see any fox-men films. I haven't since DOFP actually.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  7. #45772
    Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    I' kind of glad they are not doing a storm movie especially with the actress we have now
    They could easily do a Storm movie with a rebooted actress
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    If this deal goes through with Marvel I have hope they will give us the Storm we deserve to finally see on film. And don't be upset about Kitty. They don't care about these characters or for that matter Kitty. I really do think Fox is trying to crank out as much crap films as they can to have more leverage power to keep their creative teams on the x-men when/if deal goes through. More fans will fight to see Disney leave Fox-men as it is if the fans believe Fox has a lot of great things in store for the franchise. The thing is Fox had nearly 20 years to do something beyond Wolverine so their times is up. The best we can do now is not support any Fox-men movies with our money and hope the movies do poor enough to where Disney isn't tempted to leave the Fox side as it is.
    I do think like you said that Fox is cranking out all these movie ideas so as to keep some people on board when the switch happens. I know this isn’t good to say but moreso I’m hoping DP fails though I doubt it so that Disney won’t even be tempted to keep these actors though I will admit I do love Sheridan and Kodi in the roles frankly I just want a different Storm. Fox has had 20 years to get it right and the continue to drop the ball giving us movies centered on Wolverine,Xavier,Magneto and Raven when it should be focused on the XMen team. I’m just sick of this treatment of Storm and want someone onboard who will give us a proper Storm. Storm is an icon and whom got me into comics, keeping my fingers crossed after BP explodes someone will decide to invest in Storm. Id prefer this all be done while they are over at Marvel just want the wheels to start moving now, hence why I said rebooted Storm lol.
    Last edited by StormDisciple; 02-13-2018 at 07:33 PM.

  8. #45773
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    They could easily do a Storm movie with a rebooted actress

    I do think like you said that Fox is cranking out all these movie ideas so as to keep some people on board when the switch happens. I know this isn’t good to say but moreso I’m hoping DP fails though I doubt it so that Disney won’t even be tempted to keep these actors though I will admit I do love Sheridan and Kodi in the roles frankly I just want a different Storm. Fox has had 20 years to get it right and the continue to drop the ball giving us movies centered on Wolverine,Xavier,Magneto and Raven when it should be focused on the XMen team. I’m just sick of this treatment of Storm and want someone onboard who will give us a proper Storm. Storm is an icon and whom got me into comics, keeping my fingers crossed after BP explodes someone will decide to invest in Storm.


    Don't ever say anything as blasphemous as it's not good to say that you hope DP fails. Not only should you hope it fails but you should do everything in your power to ensure it fails. That means not buying a ticket and encouraging people in your circle not to see that crap either. Everything you've said is absolutely correct. The Fox-men had their chance so if we want to finally see an accurately portrayed storm we as her fans must do everything in our power to make sure this movie tanks. And I'm pretty confident with the question of storm going all the way up to ryan coogler its definitely being heard by the big wigs that fans want her character to finally be fully invested in which we have never seen with fox.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-13-2018 at 07:47 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  9. #45774
    ☁ϟ CookieOnTsunami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    House Of Almerac
    Posts
    7,883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post


    don't ever say anything as blasphemous as it's not good to say that you hope dp fails. Not only should you hope it fails but you should do everything in your power to ensure it fails. That means not buying a ticket and encouraging people in your circle not to see that crap either. Everything you've said is absolutely correct. The fox-men had their chance so if we want to finally see an accurately portrayed storm we as her fans must do everything in our power to make sure this movie tanks. And i'm pretty confident with the question of storm going all the way up to ryan coogler its definitely being heard by the big wigs that fans want her character to finally be fully invested in which we have never seen with fox.
    lmao i am screaming
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥

    Maxima Appreciation Thread ♡


    Jean Grey Slander? Not on MY watch!

    CHECKMATE [/B]

    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

    ♡♡♡

  10. #45775

    Default

    We have to hype whatever other movies are coming out at that time. #counterattack
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  11. #45776
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    lmao i am screaming
    Lolol u rubbing off on me

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    We have to hype whatever other movies are coming out at that time. #counterattack
    They played it really cute with the release date by having it in November (no real competition will be out that late in the year) but I don't care if it's a movie produced directed and starring trump I would promote the hell out of it if it meant Fox-men Dp tanks. Fox ain't fooling me trying to act like it now cares about obscure or less popular female characters such as kitty when characters like rogue and storm been treated like crap.imagine DC giving starfire a solo before WW. It's insane. #counterattack
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-13-2018 at 08:29 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  12. #45777
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Bland, boring, occasionally offensive. It was like a labor of Hercules to finish them all(I just browsed through some, even). There's maybe two stories I genuinely liked and they are both in the tail end(Thomas's run) and one is co-written by Claremont!
    So it sounds like food from white peop....let me stop...before I get in trouble...lol
    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.

  13. #45778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    So it sounds like food from white peop....let me stop...before I get in trouble...lol
    By the Goddess!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  14. #45779
    Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    We have to hype whatever other movies are coming out at that time. #counterattack
    Yes we will do that show them the power of the Storm fanbase and realize we wonít just except anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post


    Don't ever say anything as blasphemous as it's not good to say that you hope DP fails. Not only should you hope it fails but you should do everything in your power to ensure it fails. That means not buying a ticket and encouraging people in your circle not to see that crap either. Everything you've said is absolutely correct. The Fox-men had their chance so if we want to finally see an accurately portrayed storm we as her fans must do everything in our power to make sure this movie tanks. And I'm pretty confident with the question of storm going all the way up to ryan coogler its definitely being heard by the big wigs that fans want her character to finally be fully invested in which we have never seen with fox.
    I cannot deal with that gif lmao. Iím hoping more and more that it does tank. Ok ok I wonít go and see it lol.

  15. #45780
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Inside Storm's heart
    Posts
    27,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I just read the description for each of the minis. The one storm is on is supposed to be a dark romance theme. I sincerely hope they are not going to try and rekindle the stupid romance she had with him.... Ugh yuck and pass.
    Storm and Wolverine pairing romance is awesome!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •