• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
Page 19 of 3522 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329691195191019 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    Hi all, new to the forums and to this thread.

I've known of Storm for a long time, but the X-world scared me, where in heck do I start!?

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction re: books I should read to catch up on Storm herself?

I will definitely be ordering the new solo
    Besides what was already suggested, you could check out X-Men: Worlds Apart for a very good contemporary Storm solo showcase. Warren Ellis Astonishing X-Men run and Brian Wood's first X-Men run from the last volume covering issues #30-37 featured Storm prominently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
    Quote Originally Posted by Weather Warlock View Post
    WHEW, here you all are! I freaked out a bit when I could not log in lol . Welcome back high priestess, your return was imminent and I am very happy that you have came back to celebrate Ororo's long awaited solo . So has anyone heard/read anything from Claremont about the Storm solo? One would think he must be overjoyed but prolly sad that he will not be writing it as he is the person that we all have to thank for making our O the all-goddess that we have loved for years, he is the ONE that created the strong ,regal, beautiful and glorious vixen that we now know as Storm! He did not originally create her, but her shaped into who she is today, he spent years with her and loved her like no other; he did create however the HBIC of the X-men and that is who I have loved ever since I saw her on a cover of a comic and am overjoyed that she finally has her time to shine
    I will repost this since no one seems to have seen it, and again want to ask about if Claremont has commented on the new STORM SOLO, took your quiz Val and got street urchin lol, from humble beginnings lol. I will also provide a link to a song about how I am feeling about the new solo and am dancing around to it just like Shade mentioned in the last thread
    STORM AND THE X-MEN

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    Hi all, new to the forums and to this thread.

I've known of Storm for a long time, but the X-world scared me, where in heck do I start!?

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction re: books I should read to catch up on Storm herself?

I will definitely be ordering the new solo
    If you buy comics from a second hand store that would save you lot of money. You can find various trade backs and anthologies if you research which particular stories you want to follow. Not all of them are going to be great, just because Storm is in them, front and centre. But I think we can all agree that if Claremont wrote it that Storm will be in character and doing superheroic stuff.

I also would suggest Googling/going to Uncanny X-men.Net (UXN). The Storm spotlight lists some books with particular stories of interest and you can look up issue summaries of the book you might want to purchase.

Giant Size X-men is her first appearance, which can be found in the Classic X-men series. Which also has many other classic Storm stories written by Claremont and at good price. Classic X-men #3, is must have for this lovely cover.
    Attachment 600

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I can't believe I need to register again, It was supposed to be Storm's 7th appreciation thread.

Anyway, at least I'm back.
    Was wondering when you'd show up! Welcome back. And this will always be the 7th

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The High Priestess View Post
    Welcome! The more the merrier! We should start handing out drinks for the Storm fans
    Let's have a party.

o

BANNED

Ororo Munroe aka Storm is awesome!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Was wondering when you'd show up! Welcome back. And this will always be the 7th
    Indeed. By the way, Storm is one of the 5 greatest comic characters of all time. hehehe

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Indeed. By the way, Storm is one of the 5 greatest comic characters of all time. hehehe

Yay, as well as the top female one.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

BANNED

It's the month of May... The Ororo Munroe aka Storm Month!

Happy Storm month!

Welcome! Hope you survive the X-Perience!

You should try to catch on the current version first and as you start to love her go back into her past to see better things about her. It'd be basically be like starting from a an ok point ad finishing with greatness. Try to find X-Men v3 issues #30 to #37, Wolverine & the X-Men #24, Uncanny X-Force v3 # 1 - 3 & 8-10 and X-Men v4 (all 13 issues). That should get you caught up on her most recent events, then you should start going back to her past and the best thing would be to start at the beginning I guess
    Thank you High Priestess and jdtennesse

I'll give it my best shot. Don't suppose there is a list of every single issue that she's appeared in? Yes, I'd be daring enough to TRY get em all XD

Here's a little quiz I did What Type of Storm are You? take it and share your results!
    LOL don't know if I agree with this...

Badass

You don't need super powers to teach the world a lesson. You are into street fighting, leather and punk haircuts. You are more than ready to cut a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkholder View Post
    If you buy comics from a second hand store that would save you lot of money. You can find various trade backs and anthologies if you research which particular stories you want to follow. Not all of them are going to be great, just because Storm is in them, front and centre. But I think we can all agree that if Claremont wrote it that Storm will be in character and doing superheroic stuff.

I also would suggest Googling/going to Uncanny X-men.Net (UXN). The Storm spotlight lists some books with particular stories of interest and you can look up issue summaries of the book you might want to purchase.

Giant Size X-men is her first appearance, which can be found in the Classic X-men series. Which also has many other classic Storm stories written by Claremont and at good price. Classic X-men #3, is must have for this lovely cover.
    Attachment 600
    See this is the tough part, I want to read everything, the good and the bad ^_^;
    I've been reading through this thread (and will, admittedly a crazy act, read through the soon to be archived one) and noting things everyone is discussing. Storylines, things that Storm has done or had done to her, and I have no clue. I need to fix that!

BANNED

I just took the Storm test and surprising no one this is what I got.

Leader

You have the mandate to have others follow your every command. Barking orders is second nature to you.

o

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Yay, as well as the top female one.
    Thank you for agreeing with me #1 Hollow/Penance fan!