• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    Vice High Priest ~ CTT

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Oh, i'm certain Kitty isnt the problem..
    Attachment 59761

I saw this coming from a mile away.
    In all my years I've only ever known definitive Storm haters to wave around that X-men Unlimited #1 issue as a way to bring down Storm's power. The fact that he picked that issue of all things is proof alone this guy knows exactly what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Marc Guggenheim: Without spoiling things, the team ends up on an alien world in #20 [that] has a weather system that she can’t control. That impediment—and the team’s dire circumstances—force her to rely on that inner strength I’ve been talking about rather than her powers. It really becomes up to Ororo to get the team out of their predicament.

He's already FULL OF ****. A weather system she can't control. I distinctly remember that her powers adapt to whatever environment she is in. Alien PLANET IS INCLUDED!!!!!!
    This is his revenge for all the flack he's been getting for his craptastic writing. No doubt about it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Weather God View Post
    In all my years I've only ever known definitive Storm haters to wave around that X-men Unlimited #1 issue as a way to bring down Storm's power. The fact that he picked that issue of all things is proof alone this guy knows exactly what he's doing.

This is his revenge for all the flack he's been getting for his craptastic writing. No doubt about it.
    Hey TWG, may i have a link to your Storm site again? i already forgot. Also Valeria's storm site too.

Vice High Priest ~ CTT

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Hey TWG, may i have a link to your Storm site again? i already forgot. Also Valeria's storm site too.
    Storm-Goddess is out of commission for now, and I don't have the link to Val's site anymore. She may have taken it down too.

BANNED

Storm-Goddess is out of commission for now, and I don't have the link to Val's site anymore. She may have taken it down too.
    I see. I miss those sites. Especially when there used to have its own forums.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    the only reason it would be cool is if she blitz as implied by the poster who originally posted the scan. but I'm still not convinced that is what happened.
    His guards didn't get to shoot her I guess lol, it was good maneuverability too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    His guards didn't get to shoot her I guess lol, it was good maneuverability too.
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I would love Claremont back too. But please no more making sexual implications.

I'm not really sure why the "sexual implications" are such a big deal to people in the first place tbh. Y'all are just lucky that Claremont was writing at a time when anything outside of your cookie cutter, vanilla, straight relationship was considered "taboo". If written today those "implications" would likely be more direct than they were allowed to be back in those more antiquated, socially ignorant times. I won't presume to know your thoughts/feelings toward social issues but your adamance against any kind of deviation from Storm's more well known straight relationships is.... intriguing to say the least.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    I'm not really sure why the "sexual implications" are such a big deal to people in the first place tbh. Y'all are just lucky that Claremont was writing at a time when anything outside of your cookie cutter, vanilla, straight relationship was considered "taboo". If written today those "implications" would likely be more direct than they were allowed to be back in those more antiquated, socially ignorant times. I won't presume to know your thoughts/feelings toward social issues but your adamance against any kind of deviation from Storm's more well known straight relationships is.... intriguing to say the least.
    There are always going to be a small group of bigoted ideas about Storm's sexuality. How that can exist in this modern age is beyond me. I don't understand it, it just shows a fear of the other and a blatant disregard for the humanity of different people.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    She can definitely waterbend. Even in the earliest of issues(such as when she floods the hallways of NORAD and gently moves the gassed soldiers away) she could, though it wouldn't be until much later(here in X-Treme and even later) that she becomes proficient.
    You're absolutely correct she can and has waterbended:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

I am not going to lie the most recent issue of gold was better than all the rest. But going from an F to a D+ isn't something one should celebrate. You can tell Guggenheim hates Storm or at the very least has bought into and supports misogynoir as his main writing plot device.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    I am not going to lie the most recent issue of gold was better than all the rest. But going from an F to a D+ isn't something one should celebrate. You can tell Guggenheim hates Storm or at the very least has bought into and supports misogynoir as his main writing plot device.
    All fans of this character should have major concern when the current writer of the flagship X-book states they are looking to Lobdell's Unlimited #1 as a template for how Storm should be written. I say that to say I'm sure we haven't seen nothing yet for Guggs vision of "Storm".
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

It just MAKES Guggenhiem REALLY dumb. I mean there are multiple scans that literally proves Guggenhiem statement of her powers to be FALSE. It's really embarrassing for a writer to know ABSOLUTELY Cotton picking nothing about the characters he writes. TO me that's just ignorance and incompetence on his part as a writer.

Someone tell me how to write a letter to him so I can have it in the next issue. PLEASE.

If it gets accepted I think ALL Storm fans would appreciate what I have to say to this Man.

Side Note: IF I was face to face with him YOU guys know what I would say.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    It just MAKES Guggenhiem REALLY dumb. I mean there are multiple scans that literally proves Guggenhiem statement of her powers to be FALSE.

Someone tell me how to write a letter to him so I can have it in the next issue. PLEASE.

If it gets accepted I think ALL Storm fans would appreciate what I have to say to this Man.

Side Note: IF I was face to face with him YOU guys know what I would say.
    I have a better idea, you write the letter and we all mail it in on a tweet, in various Storm facebook groups. We can make this go viral. But I will post the address later. We should all sign it, get more Storm fans to sign it, tweet it. They don't respect is. So it's time they learn to.

Also this **** won't change until Storm gets a movie or of it. Until she does this **** is only going to get worse and no solo is going to help with that. Luke Cage flopped, America.... If you all think that isn't going to happen for Storm I don't know what to tell you.

BANNED

It's the same thing both Fraction and Bendis did when they got their hands in Storm. They were obvious trolls. This is no different. This man really needs to go.
    There are always going to be a small group of bigoted ideas about Storm's sexuality. How that can exist in this modern age is beyond me. I don't understand it, it just shows a fear of the other and a blatant disregard for the humanity of different people.
    It's really sad. And I just smfh. But either way I'm glad you're back. My heart sank when I thought you were gone forever.
    You're absolutely correct she can and has waterbended:

Our waterbending Queen, Hadari Yao!
    And he honestly expects Storm fans to believe he has her best interest at heart. Lmao he's managed to trick one in particular. How utterly sad.
    All fans of this character should have major concern when the current writer of the flagship X-book states they are looking to Lobdell's Unlimited #1 as a template for how Storm should be written. I say that to say I'm sure we haven't seen nothing yet for Guggs vision of "Storm".
    Who tf are you tellin? This man is out to continue his serious character assassination of Storm. God, the thought of him writing Storm after we were given BP #17 just fills me with blind rage. This man's work is truly, truly complete garbage.

BANNED

I have a better idea, you write the letter and we all mail it in on a tweet, in various Storm facebook groups. We can make this go viral. But I will post the address later. We should all sign it, get more Storm fans to sign it, tweet it. They don't respect is. So it's time they learn to.

Also this **** won't change until Storm gets a movie or of it. Until she does this **** is only going to get worse and no solo is going to help with that. Luke Cage flopped, America.... If you all think that isn't going to happen for Storm I don't know what to tell you.
    I will construct it once I get off work. Nothing is more irritating when a writer TRIES to contradict a characters power set.