• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I have to say, this post seems rather... fanboy'ish, for the lack of a better word.

I agree that Storm should not just turn off the decision-making part of her brain whenever T'Challa is around.
    But as for her taking the lead by default just because she has powers... ehhh... that part doesn't make a lot of sense.

As leading a team over leading a kingdom, that is true, but it should be kept in mind that Storm's teams are highly specialized and she has very high amount of knowledge about what every member can and can't do. This is the kind of leader someone like T'Challa wants in his army for his special forces, because he can be confident in that the job will be done. By contrast, what Storm is likely not very good at, is that because she is so closely attached to her team and it's members, she isn't 'that' prepared for the situation where she might have to have to ask one of her team to die for the cause. (If she has, I'd like to hear it, but I dont think she has... it's what makes her brand of leadership different from that of Logan's and Cyclop's).

Likely, she'd follow his lead because BP is one of the most intelligent people on the planet and a qualified tactical genius. But on the whole, I'd say she'd follow him because they are equals in their eyes, she follows him as long as she thinks it's right and at other times he may follow her lead instead.
    This is exactly how I feel. When written correctly they know when to differ to the others reasoning. They know how the other thinks. They know each other like no one else does. This is exactly why it made no sense for BP to stay and be lectured by Steve Rogers about the Phoenix. His mom knows all about Storm's adventures is space. Clearly T'Challa knows as well. I get so annoyed thinking about how Marvel went out of their way to split them a part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    If you ignore that poster you will never have to deal with his childlike attitudes concerning Storm. He is anti black and anti woman not to mention bi phobic and a bit racist.
    Lmao I'm over here dying. My word...
    Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    And T'Challa lets her be herself as well?
    Like someone brought up how the US tried to force Storm to register as a superhuman during Civil War and T'Challa was nothing but support for her. As in A) Protesting on her behalf and B) holding her crown as she defended herself because he knew she could do that well enough on her own.

And there was that instance in FF where Ben Grimm implied Ororo was wearing a wig, leaving T'Challa to walk in and see Grimm lifting Ororo half a foot off the ground by her hair and immediately deducting what was going on.

My point is simply that marriage contains respect between equals, or lets say it should, and the Storm/BP marriage seemed to me to almost embody this. T'Challa didn't put his nose in mutant affairs beyond what Ororo wanted, and she didn't try to usurp his rule of Wakanda.
    Then came AvX and we found out there was trouble in paradise. :S
    Exactly this. As I said, when written properly the do nothing but compliment one another. For all his missteps Hudlin gave us a few glimpses. But McDuffie made them sing. And now Coates has laid down the law and their new foundation. I'm so excited for what the future holds. Even if she and BP part way all will be well. She now has so many directions her future solo can go in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Where did the issue say she atomized it? She simply broke it apart. If you look at the artistic rendering, it shattered like glass. Nothing in the text says anything about atomizing. That said, this is a far cry from holding up an island.
    I won't quibble over visual perception. Bottom line... Jean completely destroyed what was alleged to be nigh indestructible.

BANNED

Never mind.

Storm is awesome!
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 11-20-2017 at 09:17 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    This is exactly what should have happened. We were robbed of the opportunity.

Absolutely stunning.

I'm sorry that you believe the marriage and its portayal or lack thereof are somehow mutually exclusive subjects. I don't know what else to tell you. Storm received a demotion because of her marriage. That happened. I know full well that the X-Men suck and have **** writers. I've been explaining why I feel they are ****.

I also feel like Storm should stay away until a decent writer cares to truly use her. All of her. But I'm not here for any X-writer claiming they couldn't use Storm. She is the female face of X-Men.

How can you acknowledge her ties to Black Widow, She-Hulk, Valkyrie, Dr. Strange, Silver Surfer, Stardust, the Skrulls, F4 and everyone else that she came into contact with? And in the same breath you completely disregard the legitimate connections she has to these characters? She now has much more story potential to work with. Any interaction with these characters now doesn't so "out of nowhere." That's what I'm talking about when I say you're downplaying the things that were added to her personal mythos.
    Seriously? Headcannon is a hell of a drug. If you think they could override their editors despite the fact that the editors have been writing the X-men for years while panning of minor story beats to writers then I don't know what to tell you. Brubaker was told he only had her for 5 issues then she had to go back. So you can pretend she has legitimate connections to cameo told and pretend that helps her but that's on you. Fans and their theories. You literally can't demote someone that isn't there.

BANNED

I hope a Storm movie is announced next, after Multiple Man.

BANNED

-
    I never thought in a million years that I would defend or miss Lobdell and yet I do. He would write circles around most of these writers.
    Yes, he could, I just wish Lobdell would have stopped trying to obsess on ways to weaken Storm saying she can't pull stunts that she had actually matched, and often times exceeded prior to his write down issues of the character.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Jean actually said "We" which I assumed meant her and Storm. I also think they just held Avalon together, not leviate the whole ship.

Attachment 58027

And Cyclops does say Jean was holding it later...so I guess it could go either way with this...

Attachment 58028
    Okay, this was not a write down of Jean since she has no showings by any writer proving she can pull something like this. On the other hand, Storm could have generated more than enough wind force to hold that thing up solo without Jean or Magneto. I won't quibble over it though since its not that big a deal to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I hope a Storm movie is announced next, after Multiple Man.
    I'm thinking her chances for a solo will go up once Black Panther hits it big! The success of Wonder Woman + Black Panther= Storm solo!

I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    I'm thinking her chances for a solo will go up once Black Panther hits it big! The success of Wonder Woman + Black Panther= Storm solo!

I hope.
    I hope not because then Fox would be in charge, and I'm not a fan of Shipp or Berry as Storm.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    I hope not because then Fox would be in charge, and I'm not a fan of Shipp or Berry as Storm.
    agreed! when I saw that trash fox-men film and they had her worshipping mystique I was amazed but when they had Apocalypse amping her powers I was utterly over ever seeing any further with storm in it. one of the most iconic xmen ever reduced to garbage. So yea I'm good on seeing any solo from fox at this point. in fact they could keep her our of the movies completely and I wouldn't care. i stopped paying to see the fox-men any after dofp.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post

I hope.
    that would be nice but I'm with Phoenix Avatar on the conditions of her having one.

-

Yes, he could, I just wish Lobdell would have stopped trying to obsess on ways to weaken Storm saying she can't pull stunts that she had actually matched, and often times exceeded prior to his write down issues of the character.

Okay, this was not a write down of Jean since she has no showings by any writer proving she can pull something like this. On the other hand, Storm could have generated more than enough wind force to hold that thing up solo without Jean or Magneto. I won't quibble over it though since its not that big a deal to me.
    how did he weaken storm? what did he say she couldn't do that she had done prior to writing her?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-20-2017 at 03:51 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

absolutely stunning! breathtaking!!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Of course I was STRONGLY against Storm being demoted in the X-books. I am ALWAYS AGAINST Storm being scaled back. I would have thought that would have been obvious to everybody by now.

When Storm was married to Panther, I stopped reading the X-Men comics because I did not like how she was written in the background there. I thought there was a racist double-standard when I compared her treatment to Logan's. Logan had his own solo titles, plus he was a member of the Avengers, plus he was a member of the X-Men and they always kept him in the forefront in the X-books. I didn't like how Storm had to be scaled back just because she got hitched. In fact, after Doom War was over, I got out of comics and didn't come back until I learned about her solo title starting up.

(By the way, when I say I ignored comics, I don't even think I posted on the boards once during my hiatus from comics.)

Here's the thing, after Doom War was over, in the Black Panther books, Shuri was going to remain Queen of Wakanda while T'challa went over to Hell's Kitchen. Storm was going to be sent off to comicbook limbo with no plans at all for her. Even after knowing this, Panther fans got upset when the X-office took back control of Storm's character (she was shipped off to the Marvel office which handles Panther's book while she was married to him and out of the x-editorial office, thus the x-editors/writers supposedly no longer had control of her character during her marriage. However, if that's the case, then explain the Wolverine situation to me. Why does he get to have big roles in various titles handled by different offices and not Ororo?). They expected Storm to just sit on her thumbs in comicbook limbo and make once-in-a-while appearances in a supporting role in Black Panther stories while he was in Hell's Kitchen. Meanwhile, over in X-world, all we were getting was Lightning Lass. It was a HUGE mess for Storm's character and a DREADFUL time to be a Storm fan. I simply wasn't going to stick around for it.
    Exactly this. The excuse that Storm had to be written out of the X-Men in order to be with T'Challa is complete bonk. Especially considering Wolverine was in practically every major Marvel title. Lol She was written out of the X-men because the writers didn't want to deal with her new narrative. Simple as that. So their idea was to put her in the back or pay no attention to her new status quo. She was neglected. She and her marriage were rejected. That's the truth.
    Seriously? Headcannon is a hell of a drug. If you think they could override their editors despite the fact that the editors have been writing the X-men for years while panning of minor story beats to writers then I don't know what to tell you. Brubaker was told he only had her for 5 issues then she had to go back. So you can pretend she has legitimate connections to cameo told and pretend that helps her but that's on you. Fans and their theories. You literally can't demote someone that isn't there.
    I'm lmao @ your head canon. It's full of excuses that do nothing but justify the limits placed on Storm. You actually had the audacity to say that you can't demote someone if they aren't there? So Storm came back to the X-men after her marriage and immediately leading a team? Or was she taking orders from Cyclops? That isn't a demotion? Gtfoh lolololol

I'm laughing because you keep making all these excuses for why Storm can't do all the things her white counterparts are free to do. You, yourself, made mention of Storm not being able to interact with the X-Men for two years. Like that's some great tragedy, considering they clearly didn't have anything for her to do. But you fail to mention that Storm actually did interact with the X-Men multiple times in the pages of BP. Kitty was part of her wedding and they went shopping together. She had a discussion with Emma Frost about the X-Men backing her play during Civil War. Emma turned her down by the way. Not to mention the X-Men were present during Doomwar.

So we know that it was a lie that Storm had to be written out of the X-Men. Because that wasn't true for Wolverine. And we know that Storm was not given a team of her own to lead once she came back into the X-fold. She was demoted from a team leader to a whining, pacifist shell of herself. And it was all because she took some time for herself to get married. You said it was two years she spent away from the X-men. She was still alive tho. Alive and still saving the universe. How long was your other fave gone, Jean Grey? Upon her return who is she gonna be taking orders from? Or has it been announced that she'll be leading her own team? And these limits placed on Storm arent a problem for you? You dont see the double standards? Her teammates can branch out to other teams and have solo adventures and still retain their ties to the team? Her teammates can be absent for greater periods of time but recieve promotions within the ranks? Oh ok. I smell what you're stepping in. Are you sure you really champion for this black woman? Question my head canon all you like. But don't play as if yours isn't in need of a few evaluations.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Exactly this. The excuse that Storm had to be written out of the X-Men in order to be with T'Challa is complete bonk. Especially considering Wolverine was in practically every major Marvel title. Lol She was written out of the X-men because the writers didn't want to deal with her new narrative. Simple as that. So their idea was to put her in the back or pay no attention to her new status quo. She was neglected. She and her marriage were rejected. That's the truth.

I'm lmao @ your head canon. It's full of excuses that do nothing but justify the limits placed on Storm. You actually had the audacity to say that you can't demote someone if they aren't there? So Storm came back to the X-men after her marriage and immediately leading a team? Or was she taking orders from Cyclops? That isn't a demotion? Gtfoh lolololol

I'm laughing because you keep making all these excuses for why Storm can't do all the things her white counterparts are free to do. You, yourself, made mention of Storm not being able to interact with the X-Men for two years. Like that's some great tragedy, considering they clearly didn't have anything for her to do. But you fail to mention that Storm actually did interact with the X-Men multiple times in the pages of BP. Kitty was part of her wedding and they went shopping together. She had a discussion with Emma Frost about the X-Men backing her play during Civil War. Emma turned her down by the way. Not to mention the X-Men were present during Doomwar.

So we know that it was a lie that Storm had to be written out of the X-Men. Because that wasn't true for Wolverine. And we know that Storm was not given a team of her own to lead once she came back into the X-fold. She was demoted from a team leader to a whining, pacifist shell of herself. And it was all because she took some time for herself to get married. You said it was two years she spent away from the X-men. She was still alive tho. Alive and still saving the universe. How long was your other fave gone, Jean Grey? Upon her return who is she gonna be taking orders from? Or has it been announced that she'll be leading her own team? And these limits placed on Storm arent a problem for you? You dont see the double standards? Her teammates can branch out to other teams and have solo adventures and still retain their ties to the team? Her teammates can be absent for greater periods of time but recieve promotions within the ranks? Oh ok. I smell what you're stepping in. Are you sure you really champion for this black woman? Question my head canon all you like. But don't play as if yours isn't in need of a few evaluations.
    well damn this post gets a 10 out of 10!! nothing but truth and objective evidence to seal the deal!!!!

And yes there is a double standard. I'm not sure why. is it because of her race, maybe. but you can't deny the truth layered throughout this post and the treatment of Logan, rogue, and most recently jean further augments this double standard. i ultimately think the powers that be are interested in the character. This is why we see her in BP and now a new solo because Coates us actually interested in her.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-20-2017 at 04:20 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    At least Halle can prove herself that she's a good actress, directed by Tim Miller. So i want a Storm solo movie before fox gets sold to somebody else. That way, the other company who purchases Fox will also have a plan of making another Storm solo movie.

I thought I knew what we were talking about, but I'm lost again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I thought I knew what we were talking about, but I'm lost again.
    two topics are kinda going on. one is discussing the validity of her not being present in the xbooks during her marriage was due to the marriage, and the other I think is a discussion of how she was handled under lobdell. the latter I have no comments on as I didn't read much of his run lol.