• Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

My 11 copies of Storm #5!

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Just read on Twitter that Victor Ibanez is off the book. Said he left Willingly to get some much needed air.
    Well.

As much as I loved his work on Storm...I can't say that I am terribly surprised. I do hope the book does not degenerate into "X-Men" status for its duration by bringing in a slew of crappy artists every arc.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Also, Storm hasn't really fought a main villain in a good long while. Who would be enough to give her a good challenge?
    Tough question. There are so few who are close enough in power to make it a balanced fight. In most cases that come to mind either Storm gets stomped if she does the stomping. From the X-Verse I would like to see Selene and Storm have at it, or being back Zaladane. From the other MU verses I think a Storm vs Asgardian opponents (like Ymir, Zephyr, or an evil Kelda) would make for interesting and intense battles for Ororo. I also think a opponents like Diablo or Dracula would make compelling mainstream rogues for Storm.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

I think the Mandarin is a nice foe for Storm to face. His rings would prove to be a nice counter to Storm's own abilities.

And while they aren't villains, I would like to see Storm team-up with the Agents of Atlas:

Last edited by nj06; 11-30-2014 at 04:36 PM.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    My 11 copies of Storm #5!
    I like how you've arranged them!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Tough question. There are so few who are close enough in power to make it a balanced fight. In most cases that come to mind either Storm gets stomped if she does the stomping. From the X-Verse I would like to see Selene and Storm have at it, or being back Zaladane. From the other MU verses I think a Storm vs Asgardian opponents (like Ymir, Zephyr, or an evil Kelda) would make for interesting and intense battles for Ororo. I also think a opponents like Diablo or Dracula would make compelling mainstream rogues for Storm.
    Support this. Selene or Dracula would be worthy foes... I'm sure your other choices are good, too, but those two really stick out in my mind as something I'd like to see.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I think the Mandarin is a nice foe for Storm to face. His rings would prove to be a nice counter to Storm's own abilities.
    Good point. Maybe we could get a "Storm in Asia" arc out of it.

--------------------

Here's an article supporting #SaveStorm if y'all wanna read it:

http://maniacalgeek.com/2014/11/30/save-storm/

http://sodesigns1.deviantart.com/art...-Men-142161185
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I would love Selene as a main baddie for Storm it seems like it could be very interesting. Also though I'm still onboard for Candra why can't they bring her back and make that Storms main villaness. I loved their brawling back in the day and I think she makes for a great foe, this needs to happen.

Niffleheim

After reading about the past Dracula story I would be In heaven if he was to come because it would put two of my favorite things in one story. I'm just tired of reading past hits. Exploring Dracula and Ororo in one book would be very unique.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

BANNED

Avengers vs. Graviton:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kXuHhNucX4

Just for fun!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    I would love Selene as a main baddie for Storm it seems like it could be very interesting. Also though I'm still onboard for Candra why can't they bring her back and make that Storms main villaness. I loved their brawling back in the day and I think she makes for a great foe, this needs to happen.
    I think Candra would be better than Selene. Candra has exhibited the following powers: Telekinesis, telepathy, pryokinesis, teleportation, immortality, rapid healing (I mean, cut off a limb and she can just attach it right back onto her body) and the ability to boost her powers by absorbing the life force of others. I think its possible for Candra to have no limits to her powers given she can continually absorb the life force of others to boost her powers. She just recently gained this life force draining ability. In other words, if Candra is targeting Storm, she could simply absorb enough life force energy prior to the fight to boost her powers to appropriate levels to give Storm a run for her money.

Selene is fun, but she is more of a Rachel and X-Force villain. Candra's mutant abilities are actually stronger than Selene's (but, then again, Selene has her mystical abilities as well which Candra does not have). Anyway, since Storm and Candra have a very bitter and personal rivalry, I vote Storm vs. Candra over Storm vs. Selene. Just my take on it.

Edit: Maybe Selene and Candra can team-up against Ororo? Even better! What do you guys think?
    Last edited by rutog98; 11-30-2014 at 06:44 PM.

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I think Candra would be better than Selene. Candra has exhibited the following powers: Telekinesis, telepathy, pryokinesis, teleportation, immortality, rapid healing (I mean, cut off a limb and she can just attach it right back onto her body) and the ability to boost her powers by absorbing the life force of others. I think its possible for Candra to have no limits to her powers given she can continually absorb the life force of others to boost her powers. She just recently gained this life force draining ability. In other words, if Candra is targeting Storm, she would absorb enough life force energy to boost her powers to appropriate levels to give Storm a run for her money.

Selene is fun, but she is more of a Rachel and X-Force villain. Candra's mutant abilities are actually stronger than Selene's (but, then again, Selene has her mystical abilities as well which Candra does not have). Anyway, since Storm and Candra have a very bitter and personal rivalry, I vote Storm vs. Candra over Storm vs. Selene. Just my take on it.

Edit: Maybe Selene and Candra can team-up against Ororo? Even better! What do you guys think?
    I totally agree with you Rutog I think that Candra would be an amazing villian for Storm you are so right. A Selene and Candra team up idk that seems like that would be a lot for Storm to deal with at one time. Espiecally if Candra feeds off of Selenes life force since she's immortal I wonder would that make Candra unstoppable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    I totally agree with you Rutog I think that Candra would be an amazing villian for Storm you are so right. A Selene and Candra team up idk that seems like that would be a lot for Storm to deal with at one time. Espiecally if Candra feeds off of Selenes life force since she's immortal I wonder would that make Candra unstoppable.

Well, I was thinking like this:

Storm vs. Selene

I don't think Selene mutant abilities are anywhere near strong enough or of the right nature to give Storm much of a challenge in battle. Her telepathy is going to be useless against Ororo's mental defenses. Her control over non-living objects and fire control does not stack up at all against Ororo's elemental powers. Selene's shadow morphing abilities makes her resistant/immune to most attacks, but she can still be defeated by bright light attacks while in her shadow form (meaning Storm can light her up with bright lightning bolts and hurt Selene even in shadow form). For Selene's life force absorption abilities to be brought in this fight, she'd have to come into physical contact with Ororo. Given what Storm's powers are, Selene isn't coming anywhere near Storm if Storm doesn't want her to. (It would be cool to see if Storm's ability to drain life force from heavenly bodies can restore her if Selene or Candra try and siphon off her life force...on second thought, we have already seen Storm restore her life force by absorbing lightning when Lamprey tried to steal her life energies).

The only thing Selene has going for her in this fight is magic. Even then, she'd have to get the drop on Ororo to hit her with a spell before Storm can strike at her with an elemental barrage. Selene has to speak and/or do hand gestures in order to access her magic. Storm can attack her with less than a conscious thought and thus beat her before she can get a spell off.

Storm vs. Candra
    Candra's TK is physically much more impressive than any of Selene's physical mutant powers. While her TP abilities would be useless against Ororo's mental defenses and her pyrokinetic abilities meaningless against Storm who can just take out the fire by robbing it of the air it needs to survive, or blow it out of existence with a strong wind or douse it with water or smother it with snow, etc, etc ,etc, Candra can attack matter down to the atomic level with her TK. Add to this, she can boost her powers by simply absorbing life energies, she could easily be a cosmic level threat, I believe. She's definitely worthy of Ororo.

Using the two villainesses in tandem against Ororo would mean Storm would be a huge challenge for Ororo in terms of power, wit, cunning and strategy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    I like how you've arranged them!
    Thank you. THe others have ignored it.

If nobody will requote my post about buying 11 copies of Storm #5 (at least 4 more requotes), I will only buy one copy on the next Storm issue.

I'm waiting fellow Storm fans.

BANNED

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Roman View Post
    Marvel Digital and comixology are offering Storm #1 for free today. Just type stormchasers into the promo code section.
    Storm #1- stormchasers
    Just in case
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Quote Originally Posted by code_hero View Post
    Personally, I would love Jae Lee on this title.
    Jae Lee would be interesting. I am looking forward to Briones though. It looks like he will be handling 7 and 8.