• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
Page 196 of 3522 FirstFirst ... 961461861921931941951961971981992002062462966961196 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 52830
    BANNED

I don't think Storm should be in a relationship right now, to answer the question a few posts above. I think she needs to be by herself so she can really shine and not share the spotlight. Maybe she can form a bond of friendship with a normal guy (no superhuman abilities) who happens to be a wealthy philanthropist and eventually the two of them fall in love.

That said, Amazing X-Men #8 was a good read. It sets us up for a potentially very entertaining story arc.

Quote Originally Posted by jdtennesse View Post
    I just finished Annual and I am a bit underwhelmed. I know we got a lot of Storm, and it was nice. But the use of her powers could have been better. We just saw some fierce lightning action and wind. They could have been more imaginative. Besides that, it was great to see Ororo in action. This does seem like a prelude to her ongoing, which is fine. I liked the art too, I think that it was some of Larroca's better work. Didn't like the Firestar backup, though. I wanted to see even more of Storm. The story itself was nice, but I feel like it might have been played on more. it finished too soon, that's probably why I'm complaining.
    Agreed the art did sometimes make it hard to understand what was going on but overall it was Amazing. I give it 4/5. The story was pretty straight forward and we got to delve a little more in Storm's history. Oh and Thank Goddess that awful recton by Jeremy Dickey was re-rectoned back to the original, Storm saving T'challa instead the other way around. The villain is also pretty cool and I liked hispowerset. He we definitely a challenge for Storm. As far as their fight though,spoilers:
    Storm matched the power of his magically enhanced lightning vs her natural lightning, tore his rock henchmen to shreds with her winds and redirected his lightning supporting the fact that she can manipulate elements from a magical source.
    end of spoilers [/spoiler]She had a pretty good showing but I would love to see Meruda return so we can see just how powerful he really is.
    Last edited by Roddy010; 06-04-2014 at 11:36 AM.
    I don't care! I'll start my own group. Rejection from society is what started the X-men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy010 View Post
    Agreed the art did sometimes make it hard to understand what was going on but overall it was Amazing. I give it 4/5. The story was pretty straight forward and we got to delve a little more in Storm's history. Oh and Thank Goddess that awful recton by Jeremy Dickey was re-rectoned back to the original, Storm saving T'challa instead the other way around. The villain is also pretty cool and I liked hispowerset. He we definitely a challenge for Storm. As far as their fight though,
    She had a pretty good showing but I would love to see Meruda return so we can see just how powerful he really is.
    I would like to see more of Meruda as well. I think he has the potential to be one of the huge Marvel villain powerhouses.

May the GODDESS be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Valeficent View Post
    yes, all of it. Grab that limited series, set it on fire, nothing of what happened there is canon now it is ALL retconned. It is not that hard to understand. All of it, gone, never happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Weather God View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jdtennesse View Post
    I just finished Annual and I am a bit underwhelmed. I know we got a lot of Storm, and it was nice. But the use of her powers could have been better. We just saw some fierce lightning action and wind. They could have been more imaginative. Besides that, it was great to see Ororo in action. This does seem like a prelude to her ongoing, which is fine. I liked the art too, I think that it was some of Larroca's better work. Didn't like the Firestar backup, though. I wanted to see even more of Storm. The story itself was nice, but I feel like it might have been played on more. it finished too soon, that's probably why I'm complaining.
    I felt about the same. It was a nice read but wasnt what i was hoping for. I would like a better understanding of Meruda's powers and personality. They did a good job hitting the high points but it is difficult to get the full picture in a one n done sort of story. As others have said it was great seeing storm take action and to get a glimps at her thought process. really looking forward to her series starting...

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post

Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherBeast View Post

I kept saying it wasn't part of continuity, that it should not be taken into account. I am happy to fully it see it retconned.

and from Amazing X-Men #8, here is basically what X-Men should have been

LMAO Ugh....I need to get out of here so I can get to the comic shop. It sounds like Amazing #8 is very entertaining.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Haha. Great! I think you've just found the cover to the next Mutant Magazine... ;P
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

this thread makes me happy

BANNED

Do you guys think Storm's book will be good?

Looks like SG's history section is gonna need some revamping! It was a nice simple story. No epic displays of power or anything, but a good read. It definitely felt like a setup issue for her solo series, and I don't really have any negatives for it. Definitely a buy for Storm fans.
    Great to hear . I'll definitely be getting this. I'm glad that we are getting some MUCH needed development for Storm, and it sounds like the story was impactful and meaning for both the character and the x-readership.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Haha. Great! I think you've just found the cover to the next Mutant Magazine... ;P
    the next cover will be that pretty Mark Brooks punk rock Storm

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I know what you mean but the story was great. I really like it especially the first part when she was teased that she can't run fast because she's not a pure african.
    The Ororo that preceeded that Dickey travesty would have not only outrun and outsmarted Zenja, she would have also beat her jealous a$$ and put her in check. Dickey made Ororo passive and unsure of herself. Ororo was never like that. Ororo was bold, daring, confident, skilled, and reveled in her capabilities. This retcon restores so much for her.

Yes I did! It was a disgrace to the All-Goddess, HP.
    Exactly!