10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Oh! You might have misunderstood. I really didn't like the Storm/BP pairing the when I've found out about it. Then I have finally accepted the couple but not completely though because the writers were writing them poorly. But I became a fan of BP anyway.
    Ok, cool. I did misunderstand you. I think some people, if they write the characters long enough, sort of hit that phase where they say that the characters write themselves. Whoever thought BP and Storm getting married was a good idea probably didn't even write the two characters, or if they did, didn't write the two characters together.

The decision was made almost via committee, so it was a lousy move.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

BANNED

Um there's nothing wrong with Alexandra. Y'all just hating on her cause the Aaliyah movie sucked and that wasn't her fault. Y'all wanna blame somebody blame Wendy. If Alexandra didn't get it it was gonna go to Zendaya and we all know how everybody and they momma bashed Zendaya once they found out she was offered the role for Aaliyah so just stop. Zendaya would've been a horrible choice and not to mention at least Alexandra looks like she has some black in her where Zendaya doesn't.
    Last edited by JoeJoe; 01-22-2015 at 08:30 PM.

Stings a little. I fell in love with that photoshop image from a while back that had the mohawk on Lupita.

I'll take a deep breath and wish the best for Shipp. Do it right!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Ok, cool. I did misunderstand you. I think some people, if they write the characters long enough, sort of hit that phase where they say that the characters write themselves. Whoever thought BP and Storm getting married was a good idea probably didn't even write the two characters, or if they did, didn't write the two characters together.

The decision was made almost via committee, so it was a lousy move.
    True. It just happened too fast and so fast that I couldn't accept it... At first.

They did give us a Storm vol 2 #1-6 though, showing to us that they've met when they were young.

I also love their story in The New Fantastic Four and Civil War.

But most of the time, they were not written well as a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJoe View Post
    Um there's nothing wrong with Alexandra. Y'all just hating on her cause the Aaliyah movie sucked and that wasn't her fault. Y'all wanna blame somebody blame Wendy. If Alexandra didn't get it it was gonna go to Zendaya and we all know how everybody and they momma bashed Zendaya once they found out she was offered the role for Aaliyah so just stop
    Shipp also did the drumline movie and they said she was bad there too. I'll still give her chance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Shipp also did the drumline movie and they said she was bad there too. I'll still give her chance.
    drumline itself wasn't too good of a movie. It was just ok

BANNED

Just by looking at her face, I don't think she can look fierce.

I honestly don't expect too much from Storm in this movie, so even though I don't care about the casting, I'm not bothered by it because I have low expectations.

BANNED

I think you're saying that cause she looks pretty but Halle never looked fierce herself as Storm

BANNED

I just read a lot of you rguys comments. Damn we can't even get a dark skin Storm?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJoe View Post
    I think you're saying that cause she looks pretty but Halle never looked fierce herself as Storm
    Not that she looks pretty. Zendaya is prettier but she can look fierce.

Halle did not look fierce but I want to see a fierce looking Storm this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I just read a lot of you rguys comments. Damn we can't even get a dark skin Storm?
    A lot of people will argue that the actress has to resemble Halle, but honestly who cares! I think they should have gone with someone dark skin also.

Not that she looks pretty. Zendaya is prettier but she can look fierce.

Halle did not look fierce but I want to see a fierce looking Storm this time.
    Opinion not fact, as I think Alexandra is hot. And a much better choice of the two. I hope she does an accent and is clearly African.

Spectacular Member

Hmm I'm not thrilled with this casting. I would have preferred someone with a stronger look with more chiseled features. Not that I want to get into this whole topic again but... why does Hollywood always cast such light-skinned black women? Give us a deliciously chocolate-y Storm!

This picture gives me hope that with age she will start to look more of the part:
    Attachment 16233
    Get some makeup to accent the cheekbones and I may accept this.

That said, I think Singer knocked it out of the park with his Jean Grey choice. Figures.

A lot of people will argue that the actress has to resemble Halle, but honestly who cares! I think they should have gone with someone dark skin also.
    It would of been great to of had a Storm with dark skin, but I am not suprised that didn't happen. I am trying to stay as ptimistic as possible, but if Singer messes her up again I am done with Fox's X-Men.