• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    This is Basts' pantheon. Just make Storms' God one of them.

Attachment 57873
    Was it mentioned in comics the name of the Wakanda's church/religion?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    Why would you use the dysfunction junction of those two horror shows to justify the failure of T'choro?

It was never about her in the first damn place. She was never his equal in his book from day one until it ended.
    lolol.. just making a point.

And incorrect. storm fought as he equal during the skrull wars:

she fought as his equal with him to stop the superhuman registration act:

And she was his equal and respected so much so she eas able to even counsel the queen mother in not doubting shuri ability in being the next black panther in Tchalla's absence:

hudlin didn't write her the the best but his bad moments were alot better than bendis and guggs at their best with their versions of storm. she defeated death being one of the bigger feats so trying to put it as if storm was mousy the whole time she was with bp is false. and what did bendis oe guggs do that beat hudlin showing her defeating a god?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-16-2017 at 01:43 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lolol.. just making a point.

And incorrect. storm fought as he equal during the skrull wars:

she fought as his equal with him to stop the superhuman registration act:

And she was his equal and respected so much so she eas able to even counsel the queen mother in not doubting shuri ability in being the next black panther in Tchalla's absence:

hudlin didn't write her the the best but his bad moments were alot better than bendis and guggs at their best with their versions of storm. she defeated death being one of the bigger feats so trying to put it as if storm was mousy the whole time she was with bp is false. and what did bendis oe guggs do that beat hudlin showing her defeating a god?
    Aaron wrote that first scan and had nothing to do with hudlin and that little mini was such **** that Storm couldn't even use a tornado, try again.

The second scan was silly, Storm doesn't even talk like that.

3rd T'challa was unconscious and in a coma from Doom's attack and she was getting ready to sacrifice herself to show him how much she loved him. Get out of here with that mess.

You can call that being empowered if you want to it's just one hot mess to me.

BANNED

BP and Storm cant be equal. The king is always above the queen. Also, BP was chosen by their god to rule. Storm is not even a Wakandan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    The xoffice didn't play a role one way or another. It's a myth to perpuate that. They left it alone. The black panther office fucked that up. McDuffie was the only author that did it right. But he's not here I read the letters page there is no evidence of them ever remarrying. Coates made that clear. I am going off of Hudlin's wack ass Storm portrayal in his books. He tackled that mess horriblly and he was the main writer of that mess. I won't let it go because it was that bad. Storms worst writers were him and bendis. Guggenheim doesn't even get in the worst 5. His story is just pathetic. A writer has to show passion to count.
    The idea that the x-office didn't play a role in their demise is false. The X-office didnt have Storm jumping from different flings while she was married? Saying that they "left it alone" is an even bigger falsehood. What was Worlds Apart then? Did the BP office have a lot of missteps? Of course they did. Show me someone who says different and I'll show you a liar. I can't wrap my head around anyone not recognizing the clout the marriage gave her. Was Hudlin perfect? No. Was he passionate about her addition to his cast? Absolutely. He was the first to give us the "potential omega" distinction. He was the first to introduce her father's familial ties. Not to mention diplomatic immunity, the funds and resources of the full might of Wakanda. All of this SHOULD have made her the most important X-man of the age. It wasn't even Hudlin's idea to have T'Challa fund the San Francisco move. That was solely from the X-side. So, again, how did they leave the marriage alone? The didn't. It makes no sense how Storm was forced to follow the lame Cyclops narrative running through the x-line at the time. Storm would've rightfully overshadowed it. There's no way mutants as protected my the actual mutant queen Storm should have been left to be hunted down. Yeah they were dealing with Wanda's curse. But facing extinction and being hunted down with little to no political fall out? There's no way stories like that should have seen print. They make Storm ineffective. Plain and simple.

McDuffie showed us what they were truly capable of. He didn't have a vested interest. Neither of the characters were his problem. He wasn't obligated to make sense of their circumstances. He did it because he wanted to.

And that brings me to ever present elephant in the room. Do you honestly feel that it wasn't up to the X-office to portray Storm and her marriage in a positive light? Really? I'm struggling with that. Because it basically paints the picture that Storm isn't allowed to grow as a character if it's not happening in the X-books. That doesnt sound absurd to you? Things that happen to the X-men's most prominent female are to be completely glossed over? Her narrative isn't worth changing the status quo of the X-books but Cyclops' is? Lmao really? The X-men got cancelled when he was leading. The team came to prominence when she joined. They snatched the title highest selling comic book of all time when Storm was leading. Saying Hudlin is somehow on the same level of character assassination as Guggenheim, Bendis, Fraction and Ellis is beyond laughable. Those writers haven't even added a fraction of the story potential that Hudlin gave Storm. Its alright that you dont like the things he's done with Storm. But we can't perpetuate the lie that the X-office was completely blameless in their lack of positive portrayals of the marriage. Storm is the most important female the X-men will ever have. Why doesn't her standing within the X-men reflect that? I'll wait...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I used to think a Storm/Panther marriage could work, but got a different view after debating it with some Panther fans a while back (many of whom I like, by the way) as a realization dawned on me. Here are the problems:

1) Any woman who marries T'challa has to be okay with not being his equal, but his inferior in the marriage. The Black Panther is the ruler of Wakanda, not his queen. She will not be his equal on the throne in the eyes of the people which will also translate to her playing second fiddle in the marriage as well. Hence, when Shadow King took over Black Panther's mind in "Worlds Apart", the people automatically turned on Ororo because T'challa, under SK's mind control, turned against her. She had no power or authority whatsoever and she was worth less than dirt as far as they were concerned. Heck, they even tried to kill her on Panther's orders. It is very out-of-character for Ororo to be in that kind of marriage. She would have to be at least an equal in such a partnership to remain in character. It would work for a woman like Sue Richards, though, who is used to taking the back seat to her husband's work.

2) When Maberry took over the book, he wanted to do more with Ororo, but the office that manages the Panther title gave an editorial mandate that he scale Storm back to prop up Shuri. This will always be a recurring problem that will come and go on the whims of writers and editors of the book.

3) If Storm is written to capacity, she overshadows Panther. She is a high end H-2-H fighter. She has power reserves on a cosmic scale. She is indomitably-willed. She's a top notch thief. She's a brilliant escape artist. She has a force of personality second to no other Marvel character. She's a leader. Etc. Panther can't afford to marry somebody and have them overshadow him in his own book. This is part of the reason why many Storm fans have a problem with the way she was written in some of those stories. The most notable instance of this being that HORRIBLE Dickey mini rewrite where he wrote down Ororo to prop up T'challa in HER OWN MINI SERIES. Storm kinda had to be written as less than she is in order to not overshadow Panther. Its a really tough line to walk, to be honest.

4) I think a substantial amount of damage has been done between the two already from the first go around that many Storm fans would be reluctant to even think about giving the pair a second chance and it would kill potential sales.
    This post and the thinking behind it does Storm's character a great disservice.

1) Of course Storm is going to take a backseat to BP in his book. The person with the habit is the protector of Wakanda. Are you saying that because T'Challa donated a substantial amount of money to the X-men that he, himself should have dwarfed Storm's standing with the X-men? All her clout within the mutant world should have been immediately given to him once the wire transfer was processed? That doesn't sound the least bit ridiculous to you? But back to your point about the Wakandan people turning on her. Where was it shown that ALL of Wakanda turned on her? I certainly don't remember anything like that.

2) Where was this stated? Link please?

3) Storm is an incomparable woman. But to say she completely overshadows what he brings to the table is a lie. There are many areas for improvement that BP is up to task with helping. She's good at H2H, but he could help her improve. Can you name some other areas where he wouldn't make her better?

4) Most of the Storm fans that have read Coates' portrayal of Storm and her connection to BP and can't get behind it, they were never fans of Hudlin's interpretation. So that's not really a great loss.

BANNED

[QUO
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    when have the xmen been known for having sex with each other in an orgy type fashion? that's what he thought and he was wrong.
    Not known.
    But but perhaps suspected.
    Also the 'orgy' as you call it, is besides the point, I only mention the other pairs because we see them and because they can be used as examples of whats in T'Challa's head.

And we have to bear in mind that, what we readers get to see and read about the X-Men, is actually a heck of a lot more than anyone else in the MCU gets to know about them. Because even their allies, like the Avengers do not visit very often and the X-Men as a whole tend keep to themselves at all times, which leaves all the outsiders with guessing what's going on within the Xavier/Grey Academy's walls.

And lets imagine this, to the casual public, the X-Men are a quasi-secretive group of endangered superhumans whom they only see when trouble is afoot. And when they get a good look at them, they too notice that everyone is very pretty, and dressed rather strangely often more than a little provocative. All of that combined is going fuel all manner of ideas, and as have been noted previously, maybe it was just one of these they tapped into this time.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Was it mentioned in comics the name of the Wakanda's church/religion?
    The Panther Cult.

So Rouge and Gambit get a book. Hopefully there's a BP and Storm book soon. Or both of them end up in a team together. I really would love to see them an the F4 together again too.
    0p

With Marvel Heroes shutting down, I'll never get to use my favorite Storm costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    With Marvel Heroes shutting down, I'll never get to use my favorite Storm costume.
    They should bring back a variation of this costume. It was pretty badass.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    The idea that the x-office didn't play a role in their demise is false. The X-office didnt have Storm jumping from different flings while she was married? Saying that they "left it alone" is an even bigger falsehood. What was Worlds Apart then? Did the BP office have a lot of missteps? Of course they did. Show me someone who says different and I'll show you a liar. I can't wrap my head around anyone not recognizing the clout the marriage gave her. Was Hudlin perfect? No. Was he passionate about her addition to his cast? Absolutely. He was the first to give us the "potential omega" distinction. He was the first to introduce her father's familial ties. Not to mention diplomatic immunity, the funds and resources of the full might of Wakanda. All of this SHOULD have made her the most important X-man of the age. It wasn't even Hudlin's idea to have T'Challa fund the San Francisco move. That was solely from the X-side. So, again, how did they leave the marriage alone? The didn't. It makes no sense how Storm was forced to follow the lame Cyclops narrative running through the x-line at the time. Storm would've rightfully overshadowed it. There's no way mutants as protected my the actual mutant queen Storm should have been left to be hunted down. Yeah they were dealing with Wanda's curse. But facing extinction and being hunted down with little to no political fall out? There's no way stories like that should have seen print. They make Storm ineffective. Plain and simple.
    First let's get the timeline straight. Storm spent more than a year as a win for the black panther office, she wasn't allowed to play with the X-men for 2 years despite the fact she got a guess starring role when Brubaker was writing. So let's start there. Second Fraction, Carey and other writers were writing their stories knowing full well Storm could only be used sparingly and Fraction wanted the Scott show and had full editorial support to make that happen. As far as Storm was concerned at that time she was cleaning out BP's bed pan because Doom took him out. She was married so any fantasy that she could appear and dominate any more than a side quest, here and there was all she was ever going to do.

She went from being married to joining the FF and having no mention of X-men ties and no X-men anything. So you literally can't get mad at **** that happened 5 years later when she's already gone. Two setting up Storm to play the black Sue was tied writing from jump. She was even given the celestial kid messiah story. Storm deserves better than that and who write those stories? Hint, it wasn't the X-MEN.

McDuffie showed us what they were truly capable of. He didn't have a vested interest. Neither of the characters were his problem. He wasn't obligated to make sense of their circumstances. He did it because he wanted to.
    Yup and he's the only one. Hudlin changed, regressed and hindered Storm's growth giving her some much needed back story with her paternal Grand parents. That was great.

And that brings me to ever present elephant in the room. Do you honestly feel that it wasn't up to the X-office to portray Storm and her marriage in a positive light?
    They had no commitment to telling that story and by the time she returned full time it was because T'challa had dumped her to go find himself in hells kitchen. At that point because of mandate that marriage was already done and the people that destroyed it was Liss and company.

The writers had a right to tell their stories the way they wanted to. I think their portrayals were garbage but that's a separate thing.
    Really? I'm struggling with that. Because it basically paints the picture that Storm isn't allowed to grow as a character if it's not happening in the X-books. That doesnt sound absurd to you?
    They had her for three years and barring McDuffie she didn't grow. It set up a stagnancy that made future writers like gillen all to eager to exploit. That's where the x office dropped the ball. That's also when the ax feel completely on the marriage.

Things that happen to the X-men's most prominent female are to be completely glossed over? Her narrative isn't worth changing the status quo of the X-books but Cyclops' is? Lmao really? The X-men got cancelled when he was leading. The team came to prominence when she joined. They snatched the title highest selling comic book of all time when Storm was leading. Saying Hudlin is somehow on the same level of character assassination as Guggenheim, Bendis, Fraction and Ellis is beyond laughable. Those writers haven't even added a fraction of the story potential that Hudlin gave Storm. Its alright that you dont like the things he's done with Storm. But we can't perpetuate the lie that the X-office was completely blameless in their lack of positive portrayals of the marriage. Storm is the most important female the X-men will ever have. Why doesn't her standing within the X-men reflect that? I'll wait...
    She wasn't part of the X-men anymore. Do you not get that? She was a guest star, that's it.

Since when does Storm kill and have it not affect her? Giving birth to black Jesus and regurgitating Sue's progression doesn't count as massive growth, but go ahead.

Let's go there, Hudlin changed all of her speech patterns, all of them, he wrote her as subservient and less voiced than she is when it came to the marriage beginning on the honey moon adventure. Remember that argument they had had after fighting with Doom and storm stood up for herself after BP lectured her about her role in the marriage? Oh yeah that never happened because she was mousy af.

She lost so much of herself trying to be his wife and was never tasked to really stretch her wings and when she did authors gave her mediocre to bad storylines from her team up with the black widow to Hercules. So let's not get it twisted, marvel has no plan for growth when it came to Storm, not with T'challa or the X-men. Gillen was the last X-men writer selling 100,000 copies/ issue. He wrote her as a pacifist with no explanation or character development. The one thing he did get right was her trolling of Cyclops. Yes she's allowed to leave the X-MEN and grow, the problem at the time was that she left and regressed. The X-men did a fairly shitty job getting her back on track.

Also one thing that needs to be said Storm was monogamous with T'challa. She never cheated. Alt Storms from other dimensions have nothing to do with it.
    Last edited by Chaos Reigns; 11-16-2017 at 09:49 AM.

BANNED

Some of you should write academic papers on who Storm belongs with lol.

Here's what matters to me in a Storm romance: a good writer who can write both sides.

Example, I'm really digging Storm and BP lately, and I will root for them moving forward. Why? Coates writes them both well. I think sometimes what dooms romances is multiple writers too. Currently, a Storm/BP romance would be fully under control of Coates. With him writing their solos, he can communicate certain things separate writers would not. Now, if Coates was writing Logan and Storm solos, then I'd root for them instead.

On the other hand, if Gugs was writing the Storm/BP romance, then I'd be hating on them as a pair non-stop.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    That is a disappoinment.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Some of you should write academic papers on who Storm belongs with lol.

Here's what matters to me in a Storm romance: a good writer who can write both sides.

Example, I'm really digging Storm and BP lately, and I will root for them moving forward. Why? Coates writes them both well. I think sometimes what dooms romances is multiple writers too. Currently, a Storm/BP romance would be fully under control of Coates. With him writing their solos, he can communicate certain things separate writers would not. Now, if Coates was writing Logan and Storm solos, then I'd root for them instead.

On the other hand, if Gugs was writing the Storm/BP romance, then I'd be hating on them as a pair non-stop.
    This is fair.