• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamarine11500 View Post
    I hope inverted Storm pops someones eye balls out using the inner pressure in their body

That is all.....
    No. That's gross.

I would prefer Storm turning Rogue Storm and defeat Thor, Iron Man and Sentry.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Thanks boo that response was priceless lol
    Agreed. I chuckled my a$$ off and did a fist pump. I recall during Fraction's horrific run where Cyclops had all the main X-ladies in his mindscape and had 3 or 4 different incarnations of Storm there. I'm thinking that's right...this is the only place where Ororo would give you the time of day...in your dreams.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WINDRIDER View Post
    I would've loved that. Unfortunately I don't think she will be in this book. Or at best in a limited cameo capacity. The writer taking over stated that he won't be using Storm or Beast because they "get enough attention" in other books.
    Thank the Goddess...because no matter the iteration, that book was and continues to be utter rubbish! If one must follow another book (other than the solo) featuring Storm then Amazing X-Men by Yost would be the next choice, I think.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

BANNED

waiting for the numbers of Storm #4. I really hope it went up better than Storm #3.

Does anyone know the comic where storm was giving wolverines eulogy or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    Thank the Goddess...because no matter the iteration, that book was and continues to be utter rubbish! If one must follow another book (other than the solo) featuring Storm then Amazing X-Men by Yost would be the next choice, I think.
    Actually I liked Latour's characterization of Storm in WatX (at least when she appeared in a meaningful way). I was hoping for something more in-depth for her as far as her role of Headmistress and how she managed the demands of maintaining the school, protecting the students, and dealing with Wolverine's condition, but we got very little of that in this run. Agreed on Amazing being the team book for Storm. Thankfully we only have 1 more issue left of Guggenheim's run on XX-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Nipower888 View Post
    Does anyone know the comic where storm was giving wolverines eulogy or something like that
    That is in AXIS #4 (very good read by the way). It wasn't really a eulogy, since at this point Storm has been inverted. She touched on his death but it was more about the mutants coming together to strike out against the human oppressors, and under the ideology of Apoc.

BANNED

That is in AXIS #4 (very good read by the way). It wasn't really a eulogy, since at this point Storm has been inverted. She touched on his death but it was more about the mutants coming together to strike out against the human oppressors, and under the ideology of Apoc.
    How is Storm inverted when she's not on her own ongoing?

Niffleheim

Good to know that the other book i can find well written Storm is Amazing X-Men.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    How is Storm inverted when she's not on her own ongoing?
    Different time periods. Her solo is either before the inversion or could be after. And so far we have not had any confirmation if AXIS will effect her solo (probably won't at this point).

BANNED

Different time periods. Her solo is either before the inversion or could be after. And so far we have not had any confirmation if AXIS will effect her solo (probably won't at this point).
    BUt Storm's ongoing is happening after Wolverine's death right?

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    Good to know that the other book i can find well written Storm is Amazing X-Men.
    Yeah current XX-Men Storm is has been taken out of the action to give focus to Rachel (and some to Jubilee). She made the heroic sacrifice and saved a lot of lives by doing what she did, but the way she is being kept out of the story....sucks. Yost/Kyle are writing Storm's characterization pretty well in Amazing. I wish she had more panel time but it's to be expected in team books with such a big cast. However, the time on panel is meaningful. They are leveraging her leadership and tactical skills pretty well (her plan to become gods helped turned the tides in the WWW story), and she has this "big sister annoyed with littler joke-ster brother" relationship with Iceman that's been fun in the book.

For me Wolverine & the X-Men has been good as far as Storm's characterization, and to a degree had some impact. But out of the 11 issues so far, it really is only 3 that she appeared in a meaningful way so I kind of agree with IN on that point. It was mostly about QQ and the Phoenix Force and, which has been done to death and got boring pretty fast, so outside of the 3 issues I couldn't recommend the whole run for Storm fans. Just issues 3, 8, and 11 so far. And I believe issue #12 coming at the end of the month will have inverted Storm throwing down at the HFC, so that could be worth picking up.

If you are interested we have detailed recaps, some scans, and reviews of these issues on the Storm-Goddess site. See if they pique your interest. I'll be doing a review on issue #11 that came out last Wed probably this weekend.

http://www.stormgoddess.us/blog.html

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    BUt Storm's ongoing is happening after Wolverine's death right?
    Yes the timing is both before and after his death, but I don't think it will reflect all current events. When we have asked the question for the X-Position we haven't heard anything, and with issue #5 wrapping up the DoW tie-in, issue #6 being about assassin's coming for Storm, and issues #7 - #8 so far being about power figures making Storm public enemy #1 (and this will take us way past AXIS which will be over by December) I think that event will likely not be reflected in the solo. Hopefully it will but I haven't seen anything to indicate that it will. The same goes for Nightcrawler's solo.

BANNED

Yes the timing is both before and after his death, but I don't think it will reflect all current events. When we have asked the question for the X-Position we haven't heard anything, and with issue #5 wrapping up the DoW tie-in, issue #6 being about assassin's coming for Storm, and issues #7 - #8 so far being about power figures making Storm public enemy #1 (and this will take us way past AXIS which will be over by December) I think that event will likely not be reflected in the solo. Hopefully it will but I haven't seen anything to indicate that it will. The same goes for Nightcrawler's solo.
    I see. ok. Thanks!

BANNED

I still love this Storm art!