10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by WTHIOTina View Post
    Has everyone placed their votes for the 2014 X-Books awards? The only ones that matter are the votes you place for Storm. Favorite heroine, favorite series, favorite cover, favorite couple, etc. Voting ends tomorrow or Sunday! Please vote! http://community.comicbookresources....-by-CBR-Forums
    I did place a vote. I hope Ororo does well in the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Storm #8 will have interior art by Al Barrionuevo, not the previously solicited Phil Briones.
    Ugh....thanks. I was looking forward to Briones but I had a feeling that this could be wrong because Barrionuevo is handling the interiors for #9. I like his pencil work though so if we have a different inker I am curious to see if that would improve the quality of the final product that gets printed.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

So, Alexandra Shipp and Zendaya Coleman are two of the latest actress rumored to be up for the role of Young Storm: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=113398

Thoughts?

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aaronchase View Post
    So, Alexandra Shipp and Zendaya Coleman are two of the latest actress rumored to be up for the role of Young Storm: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=113398

Thoughts?
    No to both but I like Zendaya a little because she has the height without heels but Alexandra no she was dreadful in Aaliyah and there is so much negative backlash

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    No to both but I like Zendaya a little because she has the height without heels but Alexandra no she was dreadful in Aaliyah and there is so much negative backlash
    oh helllllllll no. Neither lol!

BANNED

Thoughts?
    I'd pick Ship over Zendaya. Zendaya really doesn't do it for me and I don't think she's very pretty plus she looks Asian a little. Now are you guys sure Ship was bad in the Aaliyah movie or was the movie bad itself and you just wanna say Ship was bad because the movie was bad?

I was hoping for an actress who has darker shade of skin tone but I'm not really surprised this is the option they went for.

Of the two, I would pick Ship over Zendaya.

However, while as a mixed race guy myself, I think its interesting (but not really unsurprising with Hollywood), that they keep looking at biracial actresses to play Storm. In my mind, I keep hoping they will go for dark skin beauty, preferable, someone actually from African.

Regardless, whoever they pick, I hope it is someone with the good acting chops and the strong presence to pull of the of Ororo.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    So, how would you guys rank the issues going from your favorite to least favorite? Here's my list:

Insert Huge Gap
    Mine would b
    3 doesn't exist to me lol

Thoughts?
    There are none.

Yall let me know how yall like it. If this is there pickings i will b sticking to my original plans of not seeing thus.

I mean this cant be serious...

It gets worse Storm fans:

"And if Latino Review’s report is to be believed, we may be getting Storm in a mowhawk on the big screen, assuming Apocalypse will be drawn from the 80s versions of the characters that is."
    http://collider.com/x-men-apocalypse...HvpyOCOZY2P.99

Not that the mohawk is a negative because it's Storm, she can wear whatever the hell she wants and look amazing. But the two choices listed can not and should not go anywhere near a mohawk (or the role if we're being honest).

I am just going to cross my fingers that Storm, Jean and Scott actually get some good character development and aren't totally in the shadow of Mystique, Magneto and Wolverine.

That is the cautious optimism that I can muster, lol.

I am just going to cross my fingers that Storm, Jean and Scott actually get some good character development and aren't totally in the shadow of Mystique, Magneto and Wolverine.

That is the cautious optimism that I can muster, lol.
    I hate to be that person but it was already confirmed months back this movie would focus on Mags and Mystique budding romance.

Yeah...I heard....but...I am still hoping for something.

Well, hopefully after Lawrence and Fassbender finish their contractual obligation, the "Post Apocalypse" movie will focus on...the actually X-Men.
    Last edited by aaronchase; 01-09-2015 at 09:20 PM.

Yeah...I heard....but...I am still hoping for something.

Well, hopefully after Lawrence and Fassbender finish their contractual obligation, the "Post Apocalypse" movie will focus on...the actually X-Men.
    Well I gave up officially after dofp. Should have given up around the first one bit I hope the pre and post apocalypse movie meets ur expectations

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Well I gave up officially after dofp. Should have given up around the first one bit I hope the pre and post apocalypse movie meets ur expectations
    lol thanks. I am a glutton for punishment and disappointment

All-New Member

Wow! How I have enjoyed the latest arc of Storm. Not to be a downer but, I worry if this series is not renewed, where else are we going to see Storm as powerful, competent, versatile, playful, and most of all, important? We may get sprinkles of the Storm we are so enjoying now scattered among some of the mainstream X-men comics but, not like this. It has me so worried but, I look forward to issue eight.

Some have said they are hoping Storm will face a powerful foe. I say, who is to say that Harmon is not powerful? Think about this, the Senator has seen Storm's powers and he knows how powerful she is and yet he even fears that Storm cannot defeat Harmon. He must know something that we do not but, I believe we will soon discover. Perhaps this is excitement but, this issue was one of the best comics I have read in over a decade from Marvel. I pray that it continues.

In regards to the two girls rumored to play young Storm, I ask, why does it seem that the casting directions are opposed to casting a black girl with two black parents? Why does it seem like a black girl has to have a white parent in order to be considered "acceptable"?

Damn, have they not seen the ratings for some of the most watched network television shows? How to Get Away With Murder, Scandal, Being Mary Jane, Black-ish, and Empire just to name a few. People are not opposed to seeing a black woman with two black parents. I understand that people who are biracial with a black parent are generally considered black but, these casting rumors just reek of colorism to me that is just as pervasive as racism and less addressed.
    Last edited by Tempest; 01-09-2015 at 10:37 PM.