• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    BABIES, BABIES, BABIES!!!!! BUTTEFLYKYSS IS IN THE MOTHERFREAKING HOUSE!!!!!

I have been waiting all day anxiously to tell everyone how so HAPPY I am this day is finally upon!

First let me do a QUICK SHOT OUT TO ALL THE HATERS!!!! YES... I'm talking to YOU.... and YOU... and DEFINITELY YOU!!!!!

You said we were crazy, misinterpreting, and that Coates would let us down but BABY..... AS OF 04/18/2018 all questions and concerns have been addressed. MS. MUNROE IS A GODDESS!!!!!!!!

THE ONE TRUE GODDESS OF THE XMEN AND IT'S 616 CANON!!!! I hope that pill isn't too hard for you to swallow.

Now that I got them out the way! FAM!!!!! Can the Church of HADARI YAO SAY AMEN!!!!!!! We made it, we are finally here and have seen our Queen that we always knew was a goddess finally be CONFIRMED TO BE ONE! She didn't need to be possessed by some fiery bird, she didn't need no Asgard hammers, she don't need no secondary mutations. NONE OF THAT. This power being a godhead was something passed down to her from her ANCESTORS!!!!!!

I was so impressed that Coates did what most of us had wanted in this issue. He allowed everyone to get their moment, allowed this all to be BP's ultimate plan, and in the end it was Storm's GOD BLAST that nearly eviscerated Adversary, even when Zawavari, Shuri, nor metal could defeat him. It was revealed Adversary was always and truly afraid of Storm because of HER POWER not Forge's. And let us not forget he made it clear these two, O'RORO and T'CHALLA, were in love and together. No Logan, No Thor, NO YUKIO, no Nakia, no Monica, no whoever you want to see either of these two with.... NOPE JUST T'CHORO!!!!!

So Storm FAM there is so much to be happy for!!! Now this great news which should all brings us together will certainly not be met with joy from some. Some people want Storm to only shoot lightning, some people want her to be lifted to being a goddess not by her own power given to her by her ancestors but by way of a white pantheon tool, and some will even argue that even after this Storm is not a Goddess. Well I am about to lay some simple truths out for you here so it is plain as day.
    So here are some myths that you will hear from people that are upset COATES has canonized Ororo godhood.

MYTH #1: All she did was shoot lightning at Adversary.

Wrong: What she actually did was project divine lightning or god blast at Adversary which nearly took he completely out. Keep in mind her power was ineffective against him (as the others were in this issue) way back in issue number 16. It wasn't until her divine power was unlocked that she was able to do away with Sefako aka Adversary storm and close the portal.

MYTH #2: It was the Storm and the Mystics that took Adversary out.

Wrong: All the mystics did was open a gate to a different portal. They power in itself was absolutely ineffective as demonstrated when Zawavari attempted to shackle Adversary and easily broke free.

MYTH #3: All Storm's power did was harm Adversary.

Wrong: Zawavari and Black panther harmed him with their attacks. T'challa acknowledged that no one could prevail against the demon but O'roro. Her power did way more than distress or harm it. It nearly destroyed him.

Myth #4: Storm is not a goddess and only the faith of the people can allow her to be one.

Wrong: This a two parter. One, T'challa explains through narration that her being a god is something that was passed down to her from her ancestors, a gift of godhead (faith) allows her to tap into the faith of others to make her more powerful:

Storm back in issue 13 explains that for god/goddesses the faith of the believers give them more power (and does not make them a god, this is something that has to be already there). It is this faith that allows them to elevate beyond regular humans.

Myth #5: Storm was always a goddess! This isn't anything to be celebrated!

Wrong: Find me a scan where it says Storm was an actual goddess and not a woman who was actually a mutant before Coates and I will take this back. People will point to her doing great feats such as Trion or RogueStorm but those were done with the understanding that she was nothing but a mutant.

Now these are some of the myths I have come across thus far but what is very clear and TRUE and DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU OTHERWISE, is that STORM IS A GODDESS!!!!! This is a great day to be a Storm fan!!!!

Thank you Ta-Nehisi Coates for making this a reality.
    BIIIIIIISSSSSSSHHHHHHHH, I'M OVER HERE ENJOYING MYSELF!!!! LAWDHAMERCY!!!! This post has reached into my soul to the core of my very being. I have been baptized in the waters of the Hadari Yao. You tell the truth of the The Bright Lady for the infidels! I need to catch my breath, lawd!

BANNED

when i say she was always one... her bloodties to being one was always there. it was passed down to her from her ancestors.

and thank you. i have to debunk a lot of the fake news that will result from this issue.
    The only thing you debunked is the idea that Storm can make good choices in men. T'challa can't stop lying to her. That's not a good trait in a mate.

BANNED

when i say she was always one... her bloodties to being one was always there. it was passed down to her from her ancestors.

and thank you. i have to debunk a lot of the fake news that will result from this issue.
    Hopefully we get the Storm solo before the next year.
    Last edited by rutog98; 04-18-2018 at 07:49 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    I am SHOOK!
    yes me too!!! Coates shut it down today!! OK!

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Did you read it? Yup, Coates showed us why Adversary feared Storm back in "Fall of the Mutants". Forge told the truth. That story highlighted why Forge was the threat, and this one shows us what Adversary must have seen in Ororo when Forge said he feared her power and potential.
    Exactly. Forge was minor inconvenience compared to what STorm could and did do to him.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Just read it.

...................HOLY *&% He did it.................HE ACTUALLY DID IT.......................

And there you have it Folks. Our NEW Storm.
    Told you!!! And did you see that kiss???? delish!!1

I have seen Adversary's end, and it started when he messed with STORM!
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    After reading it, Storm is a walking God. I'm not sure where they go after this story.

On one hand, I wanna see her full omega mutation and on the other hand, I wanna see her true godhood. Maybe I can get both.
    That's the thing. Coates already explained her divinity goes beyond a mutation. Its a godhead that was passed to her from her ancestors.

Exactly. This is the reason Guggenheim is trying to do the Stormcaster right now. She still has it over in Gold this issue. Guggenheim must have known about Coates's book this month and is trying very hard to undermine it. Oh, well, Coates's book is canon and it shall forever stand.

I just wish what Coates did would be explored in the X-books with a different writer (Guggenheim would try and downplay this development to prop up Kitty) as the next story arc of BP will likely not feature Ororo so much as this was a "god" vs. "goddess" story arc whose purpose was to delve into the "goddess" aspect of Ororo.
    what is a guggenheim and this thing you call stormcaster?

They could make this power a second mutation...I guess.

It also makes you wonder if she was more powerful before Professor X asked her to join the X-Men.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    *KaBOOM* That was coates blowing up my mind. Hats off good sir. I thoroughly enjoyed this latest issue of BP. I guess your just born to be a god or not. It's all in the blood. lol
    YES EXACTLY!!! it's in the blooD!!!! someone gets it!!

the further she moved away from her inherit godhood the more she became lightning lass. Now writers can course correct.
    Hopefully.. but writers thought we were a mess before. now it's really going to be a mess after this.

Don't bet on it. Solicitation for X-Men Gold #32: http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/X-Men:_Gold_Vol_2_32

Storm is taking a nap, as usual.

I'm excited about BP #172, but I feel like this is the last we are going to see of this development for a long time unless Marvel goes through with a Coates-written Storm-ongoing. They could still change their mind on doing one.
    what is xmen gold??? how long has this been out? never heard of it.

My only real problem...I wish she would have done more. Like a real 3 or 4 page fight between her and Adversary.
    I think of Gold like the last two original seasons of Roseanne. It didn't happen. I mean of course it happened but i can perfectly pretend it didn't happen to the point it didn't. lol Nothing last forever and Guggs shall go as some point.
    gold as in currency? what does this have to do with the xmen?

I agree with this. It needed a more rewarding payoff with a more extensive fight between the two especially after such a long build-up, but at least he got the job done.
    no.. i'm glad she one-shot him. Makes her even more powerful.

I like that she didn't have to do much because that leaves a huge question mark on what exactly she is capable of. This makes Storm a potential huge unknown in the Marvel U now, and she was already a huge known.

I would like to hope she comes into play during the Intergalactic story line. I could easily see the Shiar gods taking issue with the Wakandian expansion.
    Yes please. Though i don't think she will appear here much

I hope she can access this power at will now. I'm not interested of her only being able to gain this power, by prayers only. Like what happens if she is in a situation where she needs this power? Does she need to wait around for people to pray?? NO.

I want this at will anytime.
    I think the power now will and is always there. It's just the more people who believe in her the more powerful she is. She explains this in issue 13 of BP.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Y'all there are so many good scan to post from this issue. I don't even know where to begin! I wanna bump all the Storm vs threads on every rumbles board.

do it hun!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I think she will be able to call upon it at will or rather i think that is the intent. The first time it happened the people who were praying were not glowing, this time they were. Also the way tchalla offered it to her was different, it was a gift from her ancestors she herself had to claim. I think it was intended to be like an ascension. JMO though.
    yea i think it is something she will be able to just do on her own as well but in times where she needs more power the more faith people have in her the more power she will have at her disposal.

I agree. I saw the whole "praying" scene as Coates merely showing people believing in her. When she tapped into this power in the earlier issue to dispel Adversary's storms and close his portals, nobody was praying to her at the time, though they believed in her power. There are still people believing in her as well along the Serengeti.

But, I digress. Again, I believe she can access this power anytime, but merely chooses to lock it away most of the time.
    people were praying to her when she dispelled the weather and closed the portal. that is why she mentioned divinity and faith in issue 17.

I agree with this. Storm should have access to this power handed down from her ancestors. "Greater than any mutation" did anyone else catch all the shade Coates was throwing at his detractors? It's like he was talking to ALL the BP fans that have a problem with his inclusion of Storm AND all the X-fans that talk that garbage about her feats not mattering if they don't happen in an X-book. This black man and his epic shade throwing needs to be brought on as a scribe for the X-office. Smfh @ Coates' magnificence.

Lmao I'm trying to resist the urge. I know quite a few posters that are gonna cry after we present the scans from BP #172.

This. This. Absolutely this. A gift from her ancestors. A power that has been with her since her conception.
    girl people are so upset in this issue even though everyone played a part. it would be sad if it wasn't so funny lol.

I know. WE NEED more of this power she just started this. We NEED to make sure she can access this power WITHOUT prayer, because people will argue Storm needs prayer. Regardless if we say she has had this power within her forever. WE must provide proof she can without prayer. That is the BEST way to shut up NAY SAYERS.

Also, we need more feats as well with this power before we go to battle boards LOL.
    prayer and faith just makes her more powerful. read issue 13 again. She stated when people believed in her it made her feel more powerful. This was before even being confirmed a goddess.

It's difficult, he said on his behalf "let the faith of all of Wakanda power you" as if he was transferring all of their faith through her with said speech. So I don't know, I would hope she doesn't need that faith other than for huge feats, hopefully Coates goes more into it in her solo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    So what exactly are these goddess powers? What can she do?
    godblast, defeating demon-gods, dispelling their powers and closing interdimensional portals thus far.

On paper, much like I've been saying for weeks, with both Coates and Guggy, Storm still has yet to do anything with the addition of divine power that she couldn't have accomplished without it. Essentially still has still been presented as lightning lass. Her lightning in BP #172 and in X-Gold #25 has been epic. But it's depicted as lightning. The only difference between these two tales of Storm AND her godhood is that one story gives her access to godly power through an external source. Coates' story gives her access to divine power internally. It's her birthright. It's been given to her by way of her ancestors. Basically everything I said back on 4-4-18.
    Yes internally is the key!!!! it is in her blood!!

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I'm guessing this power-up story is in Black Panther only. I'm still on Volume 1.
    yes.. this is all that matters. she doesn't appear in any other books that I am aware of.

If you think about it the fight was very reminiscent of X-Men 227.

Attachment 64805

It also show how much power was giving to her through prayer, as even with the added powers of the X-Men she couldn't move him.
    very nice!! does she push him through the portal and nearly destroy him back then as she did in coates issue today?

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Today Mark Brooks
    gorgeous!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Not a big fan of this particular costume but Mahmud Asrar really brings out the best in it in X-MEN:RED. #appreciation
    yea that image look very nice

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Indeed. I just want him to be away from the Black Panther franchise as soon as possible. Storm got a good showing today I’ll give him that. But unfortunately, he’s still not doing the Black Panther any favors as a character.
    He wrote BP as orchestrating everything that resulted in Adversary's defeat how does this translate to not doing him any favors.

I don't think they were praying so much as just the writer/artist depicting them showing their belief in her. She drew power from their faith. This would also mean that anybody who believes in Ororo's powers would likewise empower her. It wouldn't be limited to one country or one region.

And, yes, I also caught the parallel between the two instances you bring up immediately as I read the issue through.
    Faith in her grants her more power simple as that. She is still a goddess with access to those powers. I imagine if no one has faith in her, not actually having to pray, then she would not be as powerful as opposed to when she has followers who believe in her.

Look at what T'challa said: "The Adversary has buried her, an effort to induce her claustrophobia, no doubt. They've fought before. He knows she's the main threat."

Haven't I been saying for weeks now that when Forge said Adversary feared Storm's power and potential it was meant to be taken seriously? Didn't I say that Coates would be fleshing that out?
    you did.. you were absolutely correct.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    They should just give Gold to Coates. Two birds, one stone.

I’ll take prayers over a hammer any day.
    me too.. nomorehammers.

Like I said in an earlier post weeks ago: That hammer needs to be destroyed a million different ways at once and its ashes scattered across the omniverse never to be put back together again. Heck, maybe there are some hammer-eating aliens races scattered across the multiverse out there that could eat the dust remnants of the destroyed hammer?

Seriously, I never want to see Storm with that hammer again!
    i don't understand the fascination with the hammer. I mean she has done nothing with it but shoot lightning. She did the same thing without it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Really? You didn’t see how all last season he had T’Challa being a buffoon who constantly needed his hand held by his supporting cast. How in BP and the Crew literally all members of the team got a solid feat while meanwhile the only thing notable that happens to T’Challa is that he gets yelled at by an old lady.

Literally the only time he “got his due” was last months issue. And even that pissed me off because that issue showed me that Coates is fully capable of writing Black Panther as the badass warrior king he’s supposed to be. It’s just that 99% of the time he simply chooses not to. Coates just seems so damn uncomfortable with letting T’Challa be a boss and give him solid feats and yet he can give feats to his supporting cast with no problem at all. Oh but I guess T’Challa just doing nothing standing around for most of the arc and barking orders at everyone shows that Coates totally gets the character am or right?

And if y’all still don’t understand why this man’s run pisses me tf off let me give you an example. Imagine that Storm already has her own solo, but yet the book has her feel like a supporting character despite her name being in the damn title, all the other X-Men constantly throw shade at her at every given opportunity and get all the feats while Storm is written as a milquetoast chump. The second arc things are a little better but when the big villain of the arc shows up, again, all the other X-Men are written as badasses, Storm does something of note for just one issue, while the one to take down the main villain of the arc is Wolverine. Imagine that, another hero gets the badass feat and saves in the climax of a book that’s supposed to be about Storm. That’s basically what happened with this arc of Black Panther.

And Coates is setting up to further wreck the franchise with this next arc looking like it’s going to turn T’Challa into a damn slave. Coates maybe working wonders for Storm but he is nothing but poison to Black Panther. The sooner he leaves the franchise for good, the better.
    Coates wrote him as planning this whole thing in how Adversary was taken out; how that equates to him being a bafoon is beyond me.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Kyss, you know the truth hurts! You can't drop that much truth in one sitting. People will pass out from the shock of all that pain! The truth of these posts could lay waste to whole armies!!!! Lmfao

Lol Kyss you are prepared!!

Coates did his HOMEWORK and he LOVES the character. That is ALWAYS a GREAT combo to FIND in a writer!
    Yes he did!!!!

No hammers. Just pray! That's Storm's slogan now.

I agree, my friend. It's such a great feeling to be rewarded with great stories and great feats. Storm was just put on a tier that even the Adversary is scared of facing off against.
    Exactly BISH!!! Let em know and make it plan!!!!

I really thought of you during that scene where BP says "he's faced Storm before. He knows she's the true power." I was like MF'in Rutog was right, AGAIN! LMAO
    Yes Rut did make a pretty sound argument that Adversary was frightened of Storm. Kudos!!!

This is truly a GREAT DAY to be a STORM FAN! It's a victory for ALL of us!
    Yes it is!!!

Rutog, how does it feel knowing that he started with issue #13 writing her and now we're 13 issues later? When you realize that he's been weaving this story for a whole year, (not including the 6 issues of BP&C) what would be some of the questions you'd ask him? What were some of the things you didn't like? What are some pointers you'd give him regarding her portrayal up to this point? And what are some of the things you think he nailed with her?
    I agree with you very much. That last part tho? Spot on. He has a way of capturing her voice that's been clear and true since the date night issue. His Storm is truly exceptional. He's got all current writes beat at this very moment in time. I just wish the artists would play up his stories more. Especially with this issue. We have clear evidence of the character's (T'Challa) talking about her great power, but all the artist comes up with is more lightning and weather phenomenon. I feel like his story would've been that much better if the artist understood that Storm is much, much more than just a weather manipulator.
    I'm happy to have a competent writer working on my character who actually enjoys the character and does his homework!!! Everything you mentioned is so true! It's quite odd how similar Guggs story is to Coates but Guggs was so much more sloppy and thrown together. I just love Coates. I would have his baby if he wanted me to.

Dude, from what I've seen he seems to be working on his cast...which has been pretty nonexistent since Priest's run.

Anyway, I'm sorry you dislike the book but I'll be reading it.
    Exactly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I read the most recent BP issue and I really enjoyed it. Y'all were spot on. I was very excited to see Storm's new feat/development. I liked how she did get the winning strike, but it was thru T'Challa's plan. I love the way Coates writes Storm and T'Challa together. He really captures what makes their relationship special.
    Yes indeed!! this issue was sooooo awesome!!!

Not really what he said was not facts it was more opinion actually. I thought Coates did a great job in portraying T’Challa in this arc. I’m sorry if you didn’t like it, but I did. I thought his characterization of T’Challa was good
    Indeed and agreed!

Am I the only one who got the Barack and Michelle Obama feel from those last couple of pages?

Nothing but truth in this reply.
    I didn't initially but after seeing this I see how you get this!

Here a question, should Storm join a pantheon or remain a solo god?
    I think she should join a pantheon. This would allow her to fight against potentially gods/goddesses already established akin to WW.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    He didnt get rid of the orisha.

It said the first page they dont know what happened still.

Advesary just took advantage of the situation
    We don't know if this is true. He could have we don't know what has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    More like Goddess adjacent. She needs the prayers of people to sustain and use that power. Other gods generate that power without the faith of others.
    False. The power was passed down to her from her ancestors.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I'm curious though: is this new ability unique to Wakanda? And how much of T'Challa's own power (since he is Wakanda incarnate) played a part in this?
    No I don't think so. It is contingent upon the faith a person has. You don't have to be a wakandan to believe she has a power to do something.

This is gorgeous as well.

Oddly enough, she more aligned with DC comic gods who are powered by their worshippers.

If this is not a perminent power up.
    I knew this wasn't just an isolated thing.

Personally I would for Storm to get a new mini exploring her new godhood.
    I think this is what Coates' solo would go into.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Which is why the Adversary banished her and Forge to that other dimension. Forge and Storm used their powers together to return home.

I am happy to see Storm defeat the Adversary without Forge. I like how Coates has essentially combined her past on the plains with Wakanda.

Obviously Storm always remained a goddess and something special. Worshipped as goddess of the plains. Leader of the X-Men. Queen of Wakanda. Save the world's mutants by hiding them in Limbo until the X-Men came up with plans to destroy Terrigen (she could have done that herself, I know but that is a whole different argument).

This was an amazing issue and I love her relationship with the Black Panther.
    I see because of how she is portrayed in Black Panther Guggenheim gave her Stormcaster which she doesn't need. Unless Guggenheim wants to also write her as superstrong. Honestly I think she is already superstrong, unless Guggenheim wants to make her Thor strong.

I agree with the bolded. I don't know what a guggenheim is... is that a new line of trash bags?

Oooooouuuu... me too. I'm hoping Storm's solo spends directly out of these events. It would be epic!

The one and the only Hadari Yao deserves as much! Our girl just curbstomped the Adversary. She needs to rest up and conserve that divine power.

YAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vice High Priest ~ CTT

She's a Goddess. It's her birthday. Storm's a goddess. It's her birthday. We gonna party like it's our birthday!!!

Storm has never been confirmed as a goddess on panel. The closest it's ever been to indicating as such was when she met her time displaced self from Limbo in UXM #160 and 162.

BIIIIIIISSSSSSSHHHHHHHH, I'M OVER HERE ENJOYING MYSELF!!!! LAWDHAMERCY!!!! This post has reached into my soul to the core of my very being. I have been baptized in the waters of the Hadari Yao. You tell the truth of the The Bright Lady for the infidels! I need to catch my breath, lawd!
    LOLOLOL. HONEY YESS!!!!!!!!!! There is no place in these parts for the infidels!!!! Let the be cast into the wind never to be seen again!!!

The only thing you debunked is the idea that Storm can make good choices in men. T'challa can't stop lying to her. That's not a good trait in a mate.
    What does any of that have to do with the myths that have been running rampant?

Hopefully we get the Storm solo before the next year.
    I hope so too!!!

Kyss, you know the truth hurts! You can't drop that much truth in one sitting. People will pass out from the shock of all that pain! The truth of these posts could lay waste to whole armies!!!! Lmfao
    LOLOLOL you have me over here literally screaming!!!

Lol Kyss you are prepared!!
    Baby you have to be around these parts...

and now let me descend into the barren lands.. i will return..
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-18-2018 at 08:59 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Weather God View Post
    She's a Goddess. It's her birthday. Storm's a goddess. It's her birthday. We gonna party like it's our birthday!!!

Storm has never been confirmed as a goddess on panel. The closest it's ever been to indicating as such was when she met her time displaced self from Limbo in UXM #160 and 162.

Yes, TWG!!! I'm so glad to share this moment with my fellow Storm fans! I've yet to see few regular face around these parts, but we've quite a bit a fresh faces. All in all its been a great day for Storm fans! This is truly an amazing day.

P.S. Kyss is firing TF off right now!!! Go, Kyss, go!

Quote Originally Posted by The Weather God View Post

WEATHER GOD!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

HOW HAVE YOU BEEN!?!?!?! and YES she is A GODDESS!!!!

and i didn't think she was ever stated as being a goddess on panel prior to now!!! thanks for confirming this.

BANNED

The mystics and Storm did stop the adversary, that's not a myth. She didn't open the portal or shut it behind her. Explain how that's a myth.

Two her power could never destroy him or come close to it.

Those are just two myths you are using for no reason.
    Last edited by Chaos Reigns; 04-18-2018 at 09:02 PM.

BANNED

Storm clearly battered and bruised his ass. She bamboozled him so bad that he no longer kept up the false form he presented to the team. Storm destroyed his facade and made the real him come to the surface. She had more than enough power to finish the job. T'Challa and the story itself tells us as much. The whole previous year's stories go onto hammer his point home.

Vice High Priest ~ CTT

Yes, TWG!!! I'm so glad to share this moment with my fellow Storm fans! I've yet to see few regular face around these parts, but we've quite a bit a fresh faces. All in all its been a great day for Storm fans! This is truly an amazing day.

P.S. Kyss is firing TF off right now!!! Go, Kyss, go!
    Haha, I can see! I have to admit, all of his faith in Coates did indeed pay off. I was in full support of what Coates had been hinting at back in the other issues with the magic gate storms and I'm glad he followed up with such an explosive finish.

I posted my initial reaction to reading the issue on CV

I cried reading the latest issue of Black Panther.

It was everything that the marriage should've been built around and everything Storm should've been a long time ago. It was something fans have often been scrutinized for and laughed at like fools. The receipts do not lie, and Storm fans have been trying to hammer this home ever since all of these lazy writers and editors have been misusing her. It only took one dedicated writer to do the proper research... Just one.

Every Storm fan should purchase this book. It doesn't matter if you hate Black Panther or the marriage or her current mistreatment in the X-books. It should be read by all because it is everything that we've wanted for her in its truest form.

I now have total faith in Coate's Storm solo series run.

WEATHER GOD!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

HOW HAVE YOU BEEN!?!?!?! and YES she is A GODDESS!!!!

and i didn't think she was ever stated as being a goddess on panel prior to now!!! thanks for confirming this.
    I've been very busy, but I haven't stopped keeping tabs on Storm. I've been very excited to read this issue!

I love all of you in this thread. I wish all of the older folks could also make a return and post their reactions to the issue!

The mystics and Storm did stop the adversary, that's not a myth. She didn't open the portal or shut it behind her. Explain how that's a myth.

Two her power could never destroy him or come close to it.

Those are just two myths you are using for no reason.
    Well, to be fair, Storm should be able to open up the gates on her own. But she isn't a trained mystic, so them helping her in this instance doesn't really count against her power.