7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    From Wiki:

Frederick Kiber was a scientist who disappeared from public view after announcing his plans to create a means of teleportation. He retreated to a mountain rising from the South Atlantic Ocean, there assisted by a large number of androids. In a terrible accident, the matter transmitter permanently bonded Kiber's body with the molecular structure of his laboratory’s floor. Kiber was transformed into a misshapen semi-humanoid mass of protoplasm bonded to the floor, although he could project images of his former appearance. He gained an overwhelming appetite to consume food, and discovered that he could gain energy by absorbing the consciousnesses and life forces of other human beings, feeling that this would lead him to immortality. He ordered his androids to perfect the matter transmitter, and bring victims for him to absorb.

Kiber had captured the Black Panther's cousin Khanata, so the Panther came to Kiber's island looking for his cousin. The Panther was captured by the androids and was teleported to Kiber's lair.Fighting his way free, the Panther discovered where Kiber was fused to the floor. He destroyed all the androids, and taking Khanata’s life energy stored in an energy globe, the Panther left Kiber to perish with no energies to replenish himself.

Powers and abilities

After a lab accident, Kiber gained the ability to absorb the psionic consciousness/life forces of human beings.

He's sort of like a mad scientist version of Selene. Wouldn't take much to update him since he hasn't been seen in like forever. He creates powerful androids that he uses since he's immobile. He came make people and his androids intangible. He can also create holographic images of himself that can become intangible or solid and can use them to shock people.
    Thanks for the information Marvell. Honestly Kiber seems like a villain that Tchalla should be able to handle easily with his own resources without getting Ororo involved, at least based upon what I am reading. I think the threat is going to have to be a lot bigger than this imo.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member

Could it possibly not be a physical power display? With Wakanda on the brink of destruction, perhaps the people have lost faith? Maybe Storm is brought in to renew that faith?

BANNED

From Wiki:

Frederick Kiber was a scientist who disappeared from public view after announcing his plans to create a means of teleportation. He retreated to a mountain rising from the South Atlantic Ocean, there assisted by a large number of androids. In a terrible accident, the matter transmitter permanently bonded Kiber's body with the molecular structure of his laboratory’s floor. Kiber was transformed into a misshapen semi-humanoid mass of protoplasm bonded to the floor, although he could project images of his former appearance. He gained an overwhelming appetite to consume food, and discovered that he could gain energy by absorbing the consciousnesses and life forces of other human beings, feeling that this would lead him to immortality. He ordered his androids to perfect the matter transmitter, and bring victims for him to absorb.

Kiber had captured the Black Panther's cousin Khanata, so the Panther came to Kiber's island looking for his cousin. The Panther was captured by the androids and was teleported to Kiber's lair.Fighting his way free, the Panther discovered where Kiber was fused to the floor. He destroyed all the androids, and taking Khanata’s life energy stored in an energy globe, the Panther left Kiber to perish with no energies to replenish himself.

Powers and abilities

After a lab accident, Kiber gained the ability to absorb the psionic consciousness/life forces of human beings.

He's sort of like a mad scientist version of Selene. Wouldn't take much to update him since he hasn't been seen in like forever. He creates powerful androids that he uses since he's immobile. He came make people and his androids intangible. He can also create holographic images of himself that can become intangible or solid and can use them to shock people.
    Hmmmm that could possibly be it

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    Could it possibly not be a physical power display? With Wakanda on the brink of destruction, perhaps the people have lost faith? Maybe Storm is brought in to renew that faith?
    Well it's possible but I think for this destruction to be imminent it has to be some form of physical destruction. And it doesn't appear from the previous stories that the lack of faith is a problem, it's more that the gods are just bored with dealing with human and their affairs.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post

X-men Blue #23 cover. BloodStorm is serving. The undead girls cannot step to her coffin!
    Loving the cover... a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Thanks for the information Marvell. Honestly Kiber seems like a villain that Tchalla should be able to handle easily with his own resources without getting Ororo involved, at least based upon what I am reading. I think the threat is going to have to be a lot bigger than this imo.
    You have to read his story to see how much of a threat he is.

You have to read his story to see how much of a threat he is.
    Would his threat level be akin to what is happening in the book with the while gods stuff? And do you recall the issue number?

Would his threat level be akin to what is happening in the book with the while gods stuff? And do you recall the issue number?
    With an upgrade Kiber could be a major threat. Stealing life essence's and being able to make people intangible is pretty serious. Klaw was really a minor threat until he got an upgrade.

Kiber was during the Kirby run around issue #12-#13.

With an upgrade Kiber could be a major threat. Stealing life essence's and being able to make people intangible is pretty serious. Klaw was really a minor threat until he got an upgrade.

Kiber was during the Kirby run around issue #12-#13.
    Yea the life force stealing thing is definitely a threat. I'm with you there I'm just wondering how he would die in to the missing God narrative? Klaw fit into the story to act as a decoy to throw Tchalla off track. With the arc ending in April I'm not sure his powerset aligns to the endgamer which is sefako. But I'm not even sure he is the endgamer lol

And thnks fir those issue numbers will try to check them out.

Yea the life force stealing thing is definitely a threat. I'm with you there I'm just wondering how he would die in to the missing God narrative? Klaw fit into the story to act as a decoy to throw Tchalla off track. With the arc ending in April I'm not sure his powerset aligns to the endgamer which is sefako. But I'm not even sure he is the endgamer lol

And thnks fir those issue numbers will try to check them out.
    With Kiber being able to steal life-force, he could become a god.

But with that said, it likely won't be him but a case can be made, especially with his powerset.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Lovely pic

She looks like a teenager

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Well, hello. What is a wig?? I love it.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

I'm sorry, Mal and everyone else, I wasn't going to say it, but I'm gonna say it: Storm is being drawn way too fat to wear what she's wearing in Mal's avatar. Now, Marvel can do better than that. Those clothes are so tight it looks like she had to hold her breath, squeeze, and everything else to get into it. I doubt she can take a deep full breath without breaking out of that outfit, and heck, it fits so tight it looks like her skin can't breathe!

That's probably why that last buckle remains unfastened on the left side of the outfit. She's being drawn too big for it to fit around her a close up properly.
    Last edited by rutog98; 03-08-2018 at 09:36 PM.