• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Would you purposely go looking for a piece of trash?

Lmfao I'm screaming

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Looks cool. Ill say Jeans missing from it. And maybe kitty lol. Looks to be women in his life and domino lol
    Yes I think Jean should be there especially if it's a romance. I really want them to both finally explore what was denied to them both for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    EXACTLY, what Malachi said.
    Lolol yall have me rolling today.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I miss Claremont's Storm....

Indomitable
    !
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Jean helped him to beat Dark Phoenix, so I wouldn't count that. Planetary is one thing, but Iceman, Jean, Nate, and Magneto all have global feats too. But none of them have done things to millions of planets and stars at once, let alone an entire dimension(without the Phoenix Force).
    Admission price? #Facts

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I just read the description for each of the minis. The one storm is on is supposed to be a dark romance theme. I sincerely hope they are not going to try and rekindle the stupid romance she had with him.... Ugh yuck and pass.
    I'm wondering if this may have something to do with Madam Viper. Remember UXM#172-174?

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    The only way they could ruin this is if Guggenheim was writing it.
    Written by Jim Zub, art by Chris Bachelo. I don't know this Zub, but people in the other thread seem to think he's good. Bachelo can be good, I liked his Curse of the Mutants Storm and Gambit one shot, but he does get sloppy/indistinct sometimes, and I hope to the Goddess they don't let him color!

BANNED

Jean helped him to beat Dark Phoenix, so I wouldn't count that. Planetary is one thing, but Iceman, Jean, Nate, and Magneto all have global feats too. But none of them have done things to millions of planets and stars at once, let alone an entire dimension(without the Phoenix Force).
    Agreed, Jean's humanity did temper the Phoenix's powers, holding it back so that Xavier could win, but I was just referencing his ability to fight Dark Phoenix on all the infinite planes of existence simultaneously. That statement right there just goes to show why Xavier is the King Telepath only contested by the likes of Legion, Shadow King, and a Phoenix Force hosting TP. That said, I don't recall Iceman, Jean, or Magneto doing anything global that can compete with Xavier's feat without some external source of power (Magneto's machines, Cerebro, Cerebra), item (death seed), or being (Phoenix Force) boosting their abilities. IIRC, when Xavier connected with all 8 billions Skrull minds across a planet and tranferred their collective fears, hopes, and dreams to Galactus, whom he was talking to at a distance from the planet to its moon, he did so withhout anything boosting his powers.

Edit: Also, in the story where Shadow King mind controlled 5 billion minds across the planet, he stated Xavier to be the only threat to him in power. So, that means Xavier should also be able to mind control billions of minds if all of the telepaths and mystics were rendered powerless. (If they had retained their power, they would have ganged up on SK when he attempted this feat and he would have lost to their collective might.)
    Last edited by rutog98; 02-13-2018 at 04:10 PM.

BANNED

Also Astonishing X-men had Xavier fighting the shadow king as a spirit for centuries if time on multiple places of existence.

Written by Jim Zub, art by Chris Bachelo. I don't know this Zub, but people in the other thread seem to think he's good. Bachelo can be good, I liked his Curse of the Mutants Storm and Gambit one shot, but he does get sloppy/indistinct sometimes, and I hope to the Goddess they don't let him color!
    Zub wrote the last 7 issues of UnCanny Avengers and is writing parts of Avengers No Surrender. He writes Rogue really well.

I miss Claremont's Storm....

We all miss his storm..

I've started uncanny x-men back from issue 1 and man were the X-Men different. Xavier read more like a dictator than a respected teacher, and his secret crush on Jean.. Yuck.. And Xavier considered Cyclops his most powerful student??? Jean barely able to lift hank and live-in cook when the maid wasn't their? My have times changed.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-13-2018 at 04:19 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    That list is crap precisely for the characters you referenced that are not mentioned on that list.

That said, of the 20 listed, I would arrange them as follows:

1) Storm- Easily the most powerful on the list.
    2) Nate Grey
    3) Xavier
    4) Magneto
    5) Magik
    6 and 7) Darwin/Jean Grey (tough call)
    8) Iceman
    9) Rogue
    10) Monet
    11) Sunspot
    12) Warpath
    13) Colossus
    14) Cannonball
    15) Havok
    16 and 17) Cyclops and Wolverine (hard to say)
    18) Archangel
    19) Jubilee (she would be ranked higher if she were at full potential, but since not everyone is at full potential, I don't do so with her)
    20) Cypher
    Well we have two who think Storm should be number 1. I can dig it!

Indomitable
    !
    Right

We all miss his storm..

I've started uncanny x-men back from issue 1 and man were the X-Men different. Xavier read more like a dictator than a respected teacher, and his secret crush on Jean.. Yuck.. And Xavier considered Cyclops his most powerful student??? Jean barely able to lift hank and live-in cook when the maid wasn't their? My have times changed.
    Yes, those stories drove the X-Men to cancelation.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Others seem to be asking why Fox would push a Kitty movie before Storm:

https://www.elitedaily.com/p/x-men-s...mutant-8212061

The only question that fans have is why Kitty Pryde and not the character Storm? With the huge media storm around*Black Panther*at a fever pitch, one would think 20th Century FOX would try to take advantage and announce a Storm stand alone, especially since she eventually marries T'Challa in the comics.

I can think of a couple of reasons.

I read the original run a couple years ago..... let's just say it's a miracle they lasted long enough to be revamped by Wein/Cockrum/Claremont et al.

Right

Magneto was even a telepath. I guess I'm enjoying the whole nostalgia of the stories but they do read pretty bad. Some panels they had the wrong character names and a lot of it is driven by how "dreamy", a character looked. Wasp fawning over angel, angel fawning over scarlet witch and Jean, Jean jealous because scarlet witch is internally fawning over cyclops lol. A mess.

BANNED

Others seem to be asking why Fox would push a Kitty movie before Storm:

https://www.elitedaily.com/p/x-men-s...mutant-8212061

The only question that fans have is why Kitty Pryde and not the character Storm? With the huge media storm around*Black Panther*at a fever pitch, one would think 20th Century FOX would try to take advantage and announce a Storm stand alone, especially since she eventually marries T'Challa in the comics.

I can think of a couple of reasons.
    The fact people said that about Kitty is VERY VERY EMBARRASSING.