• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    The crazy is strong with you. I will never hide my disappointment for them as a couple and Coates can write them as he wants. It doesn't change that they are dysfunctional or that you are crazy for the dysfunction. The past mirrors the present, same lies same bullshit but better written and less bad writing. I will love my back issues where Storm was written well and sit in my happy place when that relationship is dead again. The goddess deserves better. I get how mad you are about how shitty they were portrayed. I know it hurts you to your heart. You can't even face it. You turn to Coates like he's your security blanket and binky. He's your safe space whereas Claremont and yes even priest were always more fun to read.

You're not trying to bring me anywhere, all you are doing is trying to pretend the past doesn't exist. It does and it's not going anywhere. Ignore it all you want, pretend it doesn't exist, pretend it isn't a reminder of the truth. Don't worry I will be here to bathe in your tears when they are done.
    they were not anymore dysfunctional than forge and ororo who you were just shipping for earlier today stop.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it was rushed?

they spent some time together as kids and that was the happiest of her trek.

we also know she spent some time with him after she was worshipped as a goddess in kenya. ororo is clearly still very much enthralled by him:

and additionally after she became an xmen they had encounters where their love and fondness for each other was discussed. one where she and tchalla both wondered what could have been but parted as friends, and much later where they both expressed love for each but then again their lives didnt allow for it:

these stories of these two spanned over 10-20 plus years.
    I am backing this post 100%. Storm and Tchalla had a history before the x-men, Forge, Monica Lynne, Wolverine, Nikia( well, just in the movie) and whoever else they may have gotten involved with. No matter what they always found each other in one's arms again. Their marriage may have been over, but their love and bond is unbreakable..ok.. I am going to stop typing , cause I am crying over my keyboard lol!

BANNED

they were not anymore dysfunctional than forge and ororo who you were just shipping for earlier today stop.
    I agree. Ororo keeps choosing dysfunctional relationships. It's sad, she stabbed forge in the heart. Why is it that whenever I point out how dysfunctional black panther and Storm are you have to bring up the stalker forge? They are dysfunctional.

BANNED

and that is the problem. he keeps sighting Claremont (and incorrectly so in some cases such as forge and ororos relationship) but time have changed A LOT since then. please disrupt the chaos with truth as it can never thrive in the light.
    The blind pretend they live in the light. Goddess help us.
    Last edited by Chaos Reigns; 05-20-2018 at 08:14 PM.

BANNED

I genuinely do wish you supporters well. Claremont and other writer's never wrote them in love. An attraction isn't a relationship. You keep taking any interaction as sign of something that the writer's never told. Priest wanted to marry them for one story arc but never saw them as anything long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    Grace Randolph made a video giving her cast for a MCU X-Men movie. She decided to go with the Giant-Size team (though replaced Banshee with Siryn to add another woman to the group) and cast Black Lightning actress Nafessa Williams for Storm. I don't know how talented she is as an actress but she's a beautiful woman that certainly has Storm's perfectly arched brows down pat.

What do you guys think?

Alright. She is my new Storm.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Ch3rrytop View Post
    I am backing this post 100%. Storm and Tchalla had a history before the x-men, Forge, Monica Lynne, Wolverine, Nikia( well, just in the movie) and whoever else they may have gotten involved with. No matter what they always found each other in one's arms again. Their marriage may have been over, but their love and bond is unbreakable..ok.. I am going to stop typing , cause I am crying over my keyboard lol!

exactly and you make an excellent point. no matter the odds no matter the obstacles they continue to find each other. it is something to make you teary eyed when u really think about it lol.

I agree. Ororo keeps choosing dysfunctional relationships. It's sad, she stabbed forge in the heart. Why is it that whenever I point out how dysfunctional black panther and Storm are you have to bring up the stalker forge? They are dysfunctional.
    because that was your initial point. you brought forge into this conversation to debunk what was done with her and tchalla as if it was the ideal. and it was far from it.

The blind pretend they live in the light. Goddess help us.
    yea hadari yao please unloose those chains that bind your mind that prevent you from seeing the truth even after being shown evidence from 616.

I genuinely do wish you supporters well. Claremont and other writer's never wrote them in love. An attraction isn't a relationship. You keep taking any interaction as sign of something that the writer's never told. Priest wanted to marry them for one story arc but never saw them as anything long term.
    no one said he wrote them in love. where did you get that from love? and why would priest want to marry them off if there was no history and all they were to each other was simply a crush

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    right she is flawless
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

hey rider.. the scans that you saw was pretty much it lol

spoilers:
    after the scans revealed last week from the preview, jean removed the suggestion to protect wakanda given to ororo bu Cassandra. once removed ororo realized she was a mutant and attempted to kill herself with a bolt of lightning (which shouldn't have done a thing as she is immune to it) but nehzno jumps to absorb the bolt before it zaps her. Laura knocks her out with a kick to the face and the battle is over
    end of spoilers
    I know I'm late but thanks. It actually benefited me to read this after the response the writer made. His take makes sense and marry's her canon history well enough, though I tend to think that with her solo stating she is immune means that it doesn't effect her no matter what. Ultimately I just want writers to come a consensus on her powers and be freaking consistent. Other than that I enjoyed the issue and will give the run a shot now.

Gold continues to be a HAM (in this instance = Hot Ass Mess!). I can see Rutog's point about having Storm/Iceman on the same team. When a writer can't think creatively on the abilities of that overlap on the team bot does it makes the writing come off lazy as f$%^ lol. I mean wind + ice (Storm can do very easily on her own. That scenes comes off forced and uninspired.

Mysteries of Madripoor looks interesting but I'm not excited for it since the writer confirmed Storm's involvement will be limited, so this will likely just be a shelf read vs buy.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I LOVE her in Black Lightning. Thunder is the business. I think she could deliver a bad ass Storm on the big screen.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 05-20-2018 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I know I'm late but thanks. It actually benefited me to read this after the response the writer made. His take makes sense and marry's her canon history well enough, though I tend to think that with her solo stating she is immune means that it doesn't effect her no matter what. Ultimately I just want writers to come a consensus on her powers and be freaking consistent. Other than that I enjoyed the issue and will give the run a shot now.

Gold continues to be a HAM (in this instance = Hot Ass Mess!). I can see Rutog's point about having Storm/Iceman on the same team. When a writer can't think creatively on the abilities of that overlap on the team bot does it makes the writing come off lazy as f$%^ lol. I mean wind + ice (Storm can do very easily on her own. That scenes comes off forced and uninspired.

Mysteries of Madripoor looks interesting but I'm not excited for it since the writer confirmed Storm's involvement will be limited, so this will likely just be a shelf read vs buy.

I LOVE her Black Lightning. Thunder is the business. I think she could deliver a bad ass Storm on the big screen.
    better late than never love. and that is how I took the meaning of the solo.if she is immune shes immune. if I got inoculated for some virus/bacteria and then from there I created antibodies to make me immune then that is what I would be if exposed to respective microbe. I just have never read any instance where a self generated bolt hurt her outside of her being corrupted or not in union with the planet. outside of this I was encouraged to see red acknowledge what coates is doing with her both in terms of her relationship with tchalla and her being a goddess.

and gold has been what is has been since issue 1: trash. so all of what you said there I agree with.

I and yes I also recall the writer saying storm wont have a big role in this so seeing as though that was said and I can do without Logan I will probably pass on this entirely.

BANNED

exactly and you make an excellent point. no matter the odds no matter the obstacles they continue to find each other. it is something to make you teary eyed when u really think about it lol.

because that was your initial point. you brought forge into this conversation to debunk what was done with her and tchalla as if it was the ideal. and it was far from it.

yea hadari yao please unloose those chains that bind your mind that prevent you from seeing the truth even after being shown evidence from 616.

no one said he wrote them in love. where did you get that from love? and why would priest want to marry them off if there was no history and all they were to each other was simply a crush

right she is flawless
    The was a story reason for it much like Logan's marriage to viper.

The was a story reason for it much like Logan's marriage to viper.
    I'm not sure I get what you are saying beloved

I and yes I also recall the writer saying storm wont have a big role in this so seeing as though that was said and I can do without Logan I will probably pass on this entirely.
    Pretty much. It just annoys me to a degree that we had Aaron, Latour, Pak, Cornell and the Deadpool writer (can't recall his name) make it into such a big deal that Storm and Logan were seeing each other/were so important to one another....yet Psylocke (whom I love but is not as close to Logan as Ororo), Domino (also not as close to Logan as Ororo) and Kitty (that one make sense) will have a bigger role in the story than Ororo?

I mean I get that Storm is rekindling her relationship with BP and is having great focus there, but Storm would be cutting, slaying, frying and freezing hoes to save Wolverine (hell she brain scrambled sinister to get his body back). Not looking for them to revisit the relationship but tired of Storm taking a backseat in stories where it makes more sense to have her front and center.

BANNED

I'm not sure I get what you are saying beloved
    He is why priest never saw anything long term for them and strangely enough it matches claremont's idea.
    Oh, and wandering off-subject again: No offense to my good friend Reginald Hudlin, but the whole point of the T’Challa-Storm relationship, as I saw it, was they would never actually get together. It was an ages-long unconsummated love.

The worst thing a writer can do with a relationship like that is move toward the logical end because it ends everything that was interesting about the relationship. It buys you an event book and maybe a sales bump, but ends up causing more harm than good in terms of long-term characterization. When Jeannie married Major Nelson in I Dream of Jeannie, the series had nowhere to go.

Other than his mother, Ramonda, Storm is the only human being on the planet Panther cannot B.S. She sees right through him, knows him far too intimately.
    You can read the whole interview here
    Last edited by Chaos Reigns; 05-20-2018 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Pretty much. It just annoys me to a degree that we had Aaron, Latour, Pak, Cornell and the Deadpool writer (can't recall his name) make it into such a big deal that Storm and Logan were seeing each other/were so important to one another....yet Psylocke (whom I love but is not as close to Logan as Ororo), Domino (also not as close to Logan as Ororo) and Kitty (that one make sense) will have a bigger role in the story than Ororo?

I mean I get that Storm is rekindling her relationship with BP and is having great focus there, but Storm would be cutting, slaying, frying and freezing hoes to save Wolverine (hell she brain scrambled sinister to get his body back). Not looking for them to revisit the relationship but tired of Storm taking a backseat in stories where it makes more sense to have her front and center.
    I agree. she would totally give it all she had with or without power. unfortunately many writers would rather her be the token than actually be present in a canonically sound way.

I am curious however to see how storm will interact with him if they do cross paths however.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-20-2018 at 11:16 PM.

He is why priest never saw anything long term for them and strangely enough it matches claremont's idea.

You can read the whole interview here
    that's interesting. priest thoughts do align to what Claremont mentioned in an interview a couple months back but he ain't writing xmen anymore. Claremont wanted a lot of things that didnt happen and in their case I'm glad his wishes were not fulfilled.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-20-2018 at 11:23 PM.