• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
Page 882 of 3522 FirstFirst ... 38278283287287887988088188288388488588689293298213821882 ... LastLast
Results 13,216 to 13,230 of 52830
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    When Claremont did it, it felt more like a woman saying: I don't care if I cause collateral damage along the way, I have goals to accomplish and I will not let other peoples' feelings about me hold me back from achieving them.

With Pak's version, it feels more like: I can't control my emotions, so I will lash out at anything, and then apologize or have to deal with the consequences later. There is a level of discord or unconscientiousness.

I like an emotionally available Storm, but not at the cost of her mind. There is a difference between a heart-wrenching ballet performance or an actor delivering a powerful, complex scene and a teen-aged girl throwing a tantrum or someone with Tourette's syndrome blasting out curse words. I think you can be emotionally available without loosing maturity or sophistication.

Let us not forget Ororo was orphaned as a 5 year old. She lost her mother and father in a most traumatic way, when most kids are still mastering bodily functions and primary social skills. She survived and thrived as a thief in Cairo's back alleys. Then she walked across the Sahara desert, surviving a rape attempt with lethal self-defense. She is not some shrinking violet who can't handle the big bad world.

Charles, Jean, Logan, T'Challa, none of those relationships can hold a candle to the relationship of a child and her parents. None of those tragedies should buckle her in the way that has been presented. She is made of sterner stuff, forged through trials that make up the substrate of her consciousness at a primordial level.

Pak has presented an Ororo who is unsure of herself. "On the planet...is everyone-?" So you mean to tell me she was raging with the solar winds for 4 hours, but was unsure if she had destroyed life on earth? I am supposed to believe she was unaware of this? Such a solar storm under natural conditions would have indeed fried all of the electrical infrastructure and warped the earth's magnetic fields. She had to have been consciously doing something to prevent that. But she has to look to Beast to be sure?

I relish the opportunity to even be able to examine new content about Storm in this manner, after years of dribble not worth a second glance. But I will not just accept everything wholeheartedly without speaking my mind. Storm deserves the best.
    I'm pretty sure Pak has researched how aurora borealis is created. I think Storm losing control because Wolverine is gone is acceptable. They've been very, very close. She was asking because she wants to make sure. She was still emotional after it, so she's not really in her best condition to know.

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post

My fangasm would be EPIC CJ!
    I actually would love to see Scarlet Witch join the all female team or just have them on a team together. SW can show her some magic fears, what if she appeared in the solo I think that would be an interesting read.[/QUOTE]

wanda could get her to open up on her mystic heritage
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post
    I actually would love to see Scarlet Witch join the all female team or just have them on a team together. SW can show her some magic fears, what if she appeared in the solo I think that would be an interesting read.
    wanda could get her to open up on her mystic heritage[/QUOTE]
    Yes this is what I was thinking I think it would be a good dynamic between them.

I actually would love to see Scarlet Witch join the all female team or just have them on a team together. SW can show her some magic fears, what if she appeared in the solo I think that would be an interesting read.
    wanda could get her to open up on her mystic heritage[/QUOTE]

I have always been interested in Wanda, and she and Storm interacting more would be fascinating, but I want Storm to learn about magic from her grandmother, in her familial lineage. No disrespect to Wanda or the Roma and their traditions, but Ororo should learn from her own wellspring.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

wanda could get her to open up on her mystic heritage
    Yes this is what I was thinking I think it would be a good dynamic between them.[/QUOTE]

Imagine storm firing elemental hex bolts.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    She loses a little control with beast heating him up a bit and damaging a tablet. It's not that big a deal.

o
    It is actually a big deal because it's like if Pak is writing a Cyclops solo, and when Beast hands over the tab to Cyke, Cyke loses control of his powers and accidentally destroys the tab with his optic blast. or if Pak was writing a Kitty solo, Kitty accidentally loses control on her powers and accidentally phases and the tab falls to the floor.
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 10-16-2014 at 06:23 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    When Claremont did it, it felt more like a woman saying: I don't care if I cause collateral damage along the way, I have goals to accomplish and I will not let other peoples' feelings about me hold me back from achieving them.

With Pak's version, it feels more like: I can't control my emotions, so I will lash out at anything, and then apologize or have to deal with the consequences later. There is a level of discord or unconscientiousness.

I like an emotionally available Storm, but not at the cost of her mind. There is a difference between a heart-wrenching ballet performance or an actor delivering a powerful, complex scene and a teen-aged girl throwing a tantrum or someone with Tourette's syndrome blasting out curse words. I think you can be emotionally available without loosing maturity or sophistication.

Let us not forget Ororo was orphaned as a 5 year old. She lost her mother and father in a most traumatic way, when most kids are still mastering bodily functions and primary social skills. She survived and thrived as a thief in Cairo's back alleys. Then she walked across the Sahara desert, surviving a rape attempt with lethal self-defense. She is not some shrinking violet who can't handle the big bad world.

Charles, Jean, Logan, T'Challa, none of those relationships can hold a candle to the relationship of a child and her parents. None of those tragedies should buckle her in the way that has been presented. She is made of sterner stuff, forged through trials that make up the substrate of her consciousness at a primordial level.

Pak has presented an Ororo who is unsure of herself. "On the planet...is everyone-?" So you mean to tell me she was raging with the solar winds for 4 hours, but was unsure if she had destroyed life on earth? I am supposed to believe she was unaware of this? Such a solar storm under natural conditions would have indeed fried all of the electrical infrastructure and warped the earth's magnetic fields. She had to have been consciously doing something to prevent that. But she has to look to Beast to be sure?

I relish the opportunity to even be able to examine new content about Storm in this manner, after years of dribble not worth a second glance. But I will not just accept everything wholeheartedly without speaking my mind. Storm deserves the best.
    Yes and as usual our fanbase has varying ideas of what the best are. Storm losing her parents is one of the most traumatic childhood injuries she's ever going through, being buried alive with her mother's remains visible for to her for a few days adds much to that story. I am not asking you to accept anything and I think these criticisms are fair. I just don't share them nor do I see them as something less than her best. I don't judge her subconscious actions as sloppy. They are an expression of something deeper going on. Her strategic mind has taken some serious hits of late, making dumb decisions about killing sentinel lady...Storm is an excellent strategist but every writer that has written her shows she's a little aloof. The other thing is that when Storm first started losing control of her powers it appeared as though there was no purpose. Remember her fight with the Viper and losing control. Remember when she lost her way and later she did the work to figure it out and turn it into a place of empowerment. It wasn't pretty at first so yeah I am going to give Pak a bit of leverage here. She's not where Claremont left her or even where Yost left her. She's bereft of any sense of consistency or connection to herself. She needs that and this lack of control is about her exploring and finding her way back to it.

o
    Last edited by Omegastorm; 10-16-2014 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    It is actually a big deal because it's like if Pak is writing a Cyclops solo, and when Beast hands over the tab to Cyke, Cyke loses control of his powers and accidentally destroys the tab with his optic blast. or if Pak was writing a Kitty solo, Kitty accidentally loses control on her powers and accidentally phases and the tab falls to the floor.
    I'm sorry but this quote makes no sense whatsoever, none of these things connect. Pak has nothing to do with Cyclops solo at least I don't think. So your point....you just spoke it's ok for her to be emotional because she lost Wolvie, but yet she must be stoic over everything else. You are biased with your opionion on Storm and it clashes
    Last edited by StormDisciple; 10-16-2014 at 06:27 PM.

CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Pour me a glass Malachi that gif I love it

BANNED

malachi said the reason could be:
    Adrenaline rush? Know that feeling you get when someone says "we need to talk"?
    I'm sorry but this quote makes no sense whatsoever, none of these things connect. Pak has nothing to do with Cyclops solo at least I don't think. So your point....
    My point is why would Storm lose control on her powers just because she's having an adrenaline rush? why would she actually have an adrenaline rush if Beast said "we need to talk"?
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 10-16-2014 at 06:32 PM.

Pour me a glass Malachi that gif I love it
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

the mere fact that scott's powers could NEVER function in the same way as Ororo's
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

BANNED

o

malachi said the reason could be:

My point is why would Storm lose control on her powers just because she's having an adrenaline rush? why would she actually have an adrenaline rush if Beast said "we need to talk"?
    because "we need to talk" is the phrase that will make you try to remember every single horrid thing you've ever done in life.
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡