• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
Page 3510 of 3522 FirstFirst ... 251030103410346035003506350735083509351035113512351335143520 ... LastLast
Results 52,636 to 52,650 of 52830

Variant cover for Mystery in Madripoor #4

Attachment 68819
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    So I was having a discussion with a fellow storm fan/friend and we got on the topic of how powerful she is. From that we wanted to see what the community thought about how storm is perceived outside he storm community. I know most of us here thinks she is immensely powerful but from my perspective it seems that most people see her as powerful but not in the leagues of people like iceman, jean, magneto, thor, hulk etc becau of inconsistent showings, that is she shown less frequently doing immensely powerful things than not. Do you agree with that statement, that is that ororo ow generally shown weaker than fans believe her to be and that is why other fandoms dont see her as we do?
    That goes back to current X-Writers and Editors not knowing what to do with her. If you think about it, some of her best showing have come from outside the X-verse.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post

Attachment 68819
    NO Storm!!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    NO Storm!!

This is honestly the one thing that would make me quit reading comics if they made them a couple again.

Double post

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    This is honestly the one thing that would make me quit reading comics if they made them a couple again.
    I agree. Personally i'm not happy with her and T'Challa back together again, but if she goes back to Logan, i'm done reading X-Men.

BANNED

Double Post.

So I was having a discussion with a fellow storm fan/friend and we got on the topic of how powerful she is. From that we wanted to see what the community thought about how storm is perceived outside he storm community. I know most of us here thinks she is immensely powerful but from my perspective it seems that most people see her as powerful but not in the leagues of people like iceman, jean, magneto, thor, hulk etc becau of inconsistent showings, that is she shown less frequently doing immensely powerful things than not. Do you agree with that statement, that is that ororo ow generally shown weaker than fans believe her to be and that is why other fandoms dont see her as we do?
    Pretty much agreed with LAM. Its really only given validation due to how terribly Storm has been handled for the past 10 years or so. We have some really great moments for her, but despite Storm having more consistent high end showings of power that perception perpetuates because lead X-writers have written her very poorly and don’t know what to do with her. Hulk and Thor are more powerful and that is okay (feats wise they trump most of MU’s heroes), but Storm has more consistent high end showings than Magneto and Iceman technically. But I think the general perception is:

- Magneto has the decades of team busting that places him at a higher power level than Storm (especially since he has defeated Storm while besting the X-Men)
    - Iceman has the official omegal level title so even though she has literally KO’d him that title alone will make him more powerful. Plus now they are giving him uber powerful villains to defeat solo
    - Jean also has the omega level title and has been THE PF wielder. Now Taylor is writing her as being more powerful than that universal force

Storm has been relegated to overly self-concious, inexperienced pacifist, lightning lass vs the confident skillful warrior elemental to the major of the population that reads her. Hence she is looked at as far less powerful than she really is.

Attachment 68819
    This looks kind of epic. Its too bad the book (good story) Doesn’t use Ororo at all.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 07-30-2018 at 07:02 AM.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Considering there are no editors working at Marvel, Storm will be dating T'Challa and Logan at the same time

The cover is hilarious because they aren't even focusing on Ororo in the mini

Attachment 68819
    Oh no.. this is a replayed nightmare!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Considering there are no editors working at Marvel, Storm will be dating T'Challa and Logan at the same time
    As DISGUSTING and DISTASTEFUL and IRRITATING and ANNOYING that is.....*sigh* You are right.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

it's just a cover guys and a variant at that so I wouldnt get too bent out of shape just yet. I dont think it will reflect what happens in the story. I mean we already had this cover and nothing happened:

Also the writers on this series already noted that ororo wouldnt have much to do in this book and would essentially be a background character.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-30-2018 at 08:45 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    That goes back to current X-Writers and Editors not knowing what to do with her. If you think about it, some of her best showing have come from outside the X-verse.
    I completely agree and that is the most ridiculous and unfortunate aspect of it all to me that non xwriters seem more competent and willing to develop the character beyond the status quo, which is shoot lightning while not being central to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Pretty much agreed with LAM. Its really only given validation due to how terribly Storm has been handled for the past 10 years or so. We have some really great moments for her, but despite Storm having more consistent high end showings of power that perception perpetuates because lead X-writers have written her very poorly and don’t know what to do with her. Hulk and Thor are more powerful and that is okay (feats wise they trump most of MU’s heroes), but Storm has more consistent high end showings than Magneto and Iceman technically. But I think the general perception is:

- Magneto has the decades of team busting that places him at a higher power level than Storm (especially since he has defeated Storm while besting the X-Men)
    - Iceman has the official omegal level title so even though she has literally KO’d him that title alone will make him more powerful. Plus now they are giving him uber powerful villains to defeat solo
    - Jean also has the omega level title and has been THE PF wielder. Now Taylor is writing her as being more powerful than that universal force

Storm has been relegated to overly self-concious, inexperienced pacifist, lightning lass vs the confident skillful warrior elemental to the major of the population that reads her. Hence she is looked at as far less powerful than she really is.

This looks kind of epic. Its too bad the book (good story) Doesn’t use Ororo at all.
    I agree with this 100%. The points you made about the general perception is why I argue that ororo doesnt have consistent high end showings. If she was shown consistently as being a powerhouse I think even with the things you mentioned people couldnt deny her abilities. I mean when was the last high end showing we got in an xstory that reminded not only the characters in the story, but also the reader of how powerful she truly is? I think this is why we typically see when discussions like these are had that those high end showings are pis or just outliers.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

it's just a cover guys and a variant at that so I wouldnt get too bent out of shape just yet. I dont think it will reflect what happens in the story. I mean we already had this cover and nothing happened:

Also the writers on this series already noted that ororo wouldnt have much to do in this book and would essentially be a background character.
    Wasn't that the issue where we found out she gave Logan a panther totem after he joined the team? I contend that it was given to her by Tchalla and she out here regifting.