7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
Page 9 of 3522 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319591095091009 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    I don't agree with that part. I want Wood to step his game up and give us the Storm we got in the last iteration of X-men. She has to grow and Wood has to get out of whatever writing funk he was in and write these women well.

o
    the problem is the book seems more concerned in dealing with criticism of the book instead of actually telling a good story. How many times have we seen they discussing they are "X-men" just to remind the people that complained the book wasn't called X-Women? It's like instead of giving us stories the most important thing is to refute the detractors. And honestly after bringing back Maddie and Selene so they can just walk away like nothing happened and having Storm say she doesn't have the authority to make a team when there is no one above her that might stop her from doing so was just what did it for me. I have no more interest in the book and seeing previews of that Kymera thing and Shogo's dad really doesn't make want to keep reading. The book should be given to Chris Claremont, I have no doubt he'd write a terrific book with those characters

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The High Priestess View Post
    the problem is the book seems more concerned in dealing with criticism of the book instead of actually telling a good story. How many times have we seen they discussing they are "X-men" just to remind the people that complained the book wasn't called X-Women? It's like instead of giving us stories the most important thing is to refute the detractors. And honestly after bringing back Maddie and Selene so they can just walk away like nothing happened and having Storm say she doesn't have the authority to make a team when there is no one above her that might stop her from doing so was just what did it for me. I have no more interest in the book and seeing previews of that Kymera thing and Shogo's dad really doesn't make want to keep reading. The book should be given to Chris Claremont, I have no doubt he'd write a terrific book with those characters
    I don't disagree with that. What makes me want to keep reading are those women. Kymera intrigues me a little but what intrigues me more is how Storm responds to her. Shogo's dad interests me. One of Wood's strengths is that he starts out great in defining and creating villains. His execution sucks though. I want him to love the women he has and write the hell out of them. For most of his run it didn't seem like he cared about the characters. The villains literally got more panel time and it seemed like he was more anxious to write the story he wanted instead of telling the story inside of him. He's done this twice now. First when Arkea was defeated off panel and again when Storm let Maddie and Selene go. He can't keep doing this. He has to actually create a sense of resolution or better yet make the transitions and continuing saga more real.

o

Vice High Priest ~ CTT

Quote Originally Posted by The High Priestess View Post
    And his answer for why he had her say that really didn't help matters either. I was defending the statement until I read that reply from him. He really doesn't seem to know what he wants to do with the book, and backdooring the new mutants in for a secondary book has completely ruined what little it did still have going for it as an X-woman title. Overall, I've been very disappointed with the book, as well as with his Storm. I liked his approach to her leadership though, but it's not enough for me. Now that I know I have other things to fall back on, I'd have to agree with you that someone else should be given the book to write, and let Wood write his new mutant book.

Anyway, I've been working on a tribute in celebration for the new ongoing. I'm not sure when I'll have it done, but I've been so busy lately that I've barely had time to focus on it. Searching for the right moments have been even more burdensome. If anyone wants a moment to appear, be sure to send me a suggestion,

P.S: Youtube's encoding system is awful... The jittering/shaking of the scans are not like this in the original file. I'll probably upload the original file of the tribute to a server after I finish the whole thing.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

Can anyone explain exactly what she did

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Weather God View Post
    And his answer for why he had her say that really didn't help matters either. I was defending the statement until I read that reply from him. He really doesn't seem to know what he wants to do with the book, and backdooring the new mutants in for a secondary book has completely ruined what little it did still have going for it as an X-woman title. Overall, I've been very disappointed with the book, as well as with his Storm. I liked his approach to her leadership though, but it's not enough for me. Now that I know I have other things to fall back on, I'd have to agree with you that someone else should be given the book to write, and let Wood write his new mutant book.

Anyway, I've been working on a tribute in celebration for the new ongoing. I'm not sure when I'll have it done, but I've been so busy lately that I've barely had time to focus on it. Searching for the right moments have been even more burdensome. If anyone wants a moment to appear, be sure to send me a suggestion,

P.S: Youtube's encoding system is awful... The jittering/shaking of the scans are not like this in the original file. I'll probably upload the original file of the tribute to a server after I finish the whole thing.
    Loved this and can't wait for the finished product.

WHEW, here you all are! I freaked out a bit when I could not log in lol . Welcome back high priestess, your return was imminent and I am very happy that you have came back to celebrate Ororo's long awaited solo . So has anyone heard/read anything from Claremont about the Storm solo? One would think he must be overjoyed but prolly sad that he will not be writing it as he is the person that we all have to thank for making our O the all-goddess that we have loved for years, he is the ONE that created the strong ,regal, beautiful and glorious vixen that we now know as Storm! He did not originally create her, but her shaped into who she is today, he spent years with her and loved her like no other; he did create however the HBIC of the X-men and that is who I have loved ever since I saw her on a cover of a comic and am overjoyed that she finally has her time to shine
    STORM AND THE X-MEN

So happy to finally have a Storm solo. I don't know if anyone has posted this but Mr. Pak gave an interview on Newsarama. http://www.newsarama.com/20973-c2e2-...ng-series.html

Finally, the site is back on again. Great to see all this wonderful art you are showing.

Praise to the All-Goddess!!

Can't wait for her ongoing. I think I want to see Ibanez do the art for some time, I don't like to see a new artist every second issue.

Amd hello to all Storm fans!

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/04/30/lu...le-book-oscar/

I saw this article and thought of the posts others have made here(well the old here) and thought now would be the perfect time to recast Storm with the strong, beautiful and talented Lupita!

With a new Storm solo and a probable reboot of the X-franchise this would be a great time for Fox and Hollywood to spotlight an awesome actress with the role of the All-Goddess. She deserves so much better than just a Jungle Book movie. She should be having offers as often as possible.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Weather God View Post

I was so upset when he replied to me with that answer. Epic meltdown followed. I feel like each X-Men issue deserves a meltdown instead of a review nowadays.
    That video is so pretty ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal Stormultt View Post
    Can anyone explain exactly what she did
    Electromagnetic pulse? looks like it? or some sort of electric neural disruption

BANNED

finally the CTT is regaining some composure.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetdumbass View Post
    finally the CTT is regaining some composure.
    She soothes us all! Praise Her!

And.... we're back. Hello by fellow CTT's. Firstly; may the Goddess we with you. Secondly... ummmm... someone get Val back here STAT!!!