10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by WINDRIDER View Post
    They should. It sucks that McDuffie past away. They had a degreed physicist on their writing roster. But certain recent writers, at least in their in their intervies, show some interest in her powers and seem to have an understanding that could make for some creative leveraging on panel (i.e. - Latour). But it looks like that is probably not going to happen since we only have 2 more issues with him on WatX.
    I've always wanted storm to be able to pull a gambit...........the mere fact that she could revert any solid into it's gaseous state is astonishing (looking back at what Yoga said about solids being compressed gasses or something)
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    The only reason if Disney/Marvel will keep Storm's ongoing or reboots it is to make her the female representative of the x-men franchise since Marvel before has always given Carol that opportunity despite of not really doing well in sales.
    If Marvel reboots they should have Storm coming in on her own THEN joining the x-men later on.............but then if they reboot..............I fear for her powers. They'll probably bound her to real world physics.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post
    If Marvel reboots they should have Storm coming in on her own THEN joining the x-men later on.............but then if they reboot..............I fear for her powers. They'll probably bound her to real world physics.
    I want Yost and Neves to write Storm again.

Or how about Grant Morrison?

BANNED

Storm looks awesome!

Yost can do it!
    Agreed.

I've always wanted storm to be able to pull a gambit...........the mere fact that she could revert any solid into it's gaseous state is astonishing (looking back at what Yoga said about solids being compressed gasses or something)
    Well I wouldn't say any solid, like say earth for example, though I see and agree with your point. I think she would be limited to the solids of the natural atmosphere vs the entire planet. But yeah, since she can change ice to liquid in XXM, liquid to gas in FF, agitate air molecules directly, and control individual hydrogen atoms her level of refined control is quite exceptional and offers a lot of potential.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Agreed.

Well I wouldn't say any solid, like say earth for example, though I see and agree with your point. I think she would be limited to the solids of the natural atmosphere vs the entire planet. But yeah, since she can change ice to liquid in XXM, liquid to gas in FF, agitate air molecules directly, and control individual hydrogen atoms her level of refined control is quite exceptional and offers a lot of potential.
    I'm all but ready for her to go HAM
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

BANNED

You just don't want to say Yost can do it. Hahaha

Me too. I am curious to see what we will get in WatX #12, since she looks deliciously evil and ready to given in to the dark side on the cover. And hopefully we get a taste of her going HAM in the next issue of Storm.

Me too. I am curious to see what we will get in WatX #12, since she looks deliciously evil and ready to given in to the dark side on the cover. And hopefully we get a taste of her going HAM in the next issue of Storm.
    I'm all for more electron rip and shove...................
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

I want Yost and Neves to write Storm again.

Or how about Grant Morrison?
    Yost really did spectacularly with Worlds Apart. Compare his four issues to Pak's four issues and the difference is stark. Sure, Pak has more nuanced emotional beats, but this is comics. We need action and adventure, big bold emotions and spectacle. Yost delivered a driving story with interesting twists(hiding a god in her mind to eat SK? Awesome!), and along the way Ororo displayed intelligence, grace, ferocity, vulnerability and cunning. He showed off her hand to hand skills and gave her global lightning accuracy, wind tunnels from half way around the world, internal elemental manipulation(lungs, inner ear), rapid freeze, and spiritual connection("Believe in me!").

Ibanez compared to Neves is another interesting comparison. I do love Ibanez's realistic body language, and his Ororo face took a little time to develop, but in #4 he's gotten to a nice balance of dynamic emotions and beauty. While Neves's style is no where near as realistic, its definitely fun to look at! The colors approach in both is very different too. Redmond has a more neutral palette and shies away from much value change/smooth shading. Trevino was not afraid of bright, bold colors and used shading/highlights to make the characters pop off the page.

Grant Morrison? His novel approach may bring some new ideas to the table, that is certain, and he really didn't get to explore Storm in his New X-Men run, so that would be interesting to see. His All-Star Superman was awesome, it would be great to see him do a Storm run in a similar vein. That said, I'd be more interested in Alan Moore. His Promethea was a awesome 32 issue run featuring a magical female lead exploring the mystical realms and navigating the Apocalypse. Very creative and well done. I'd love to see him take Storm on a similar journey, with a greater emphasis on Kemetic and other African traditions. Bring J. H. Williams III for art too! What an amazing Storm run that would be!!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Storm in x-men tas is awesome!

Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 10-27-2014 at 03:53 PM.

BANNED

Behold the Sorceress Supreme, Doctor Storm!

Mystic Storm By Mel Uran
    Link: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Mystic...Uran-340416984

and check this link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/10805620@N08/11366358635 . who will win? hahahaha
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 10-27-2014 at 03:58 PM.

Agreed.

Just remember, the earth itself formed from a cloud of dust and gas left over from the creation of the Sun. So yes, all solids did start off as gases(which is just a more diffuse concentration of atoms, after all). Sublimation is the physical change from a solid directly to a gas, which is a natural phenomena that Storm, with her ability to directly manipulate electrons, should very well be able to replicate at her whim.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I'm all for more electron rip and shove...................
    Energy beings beware! I am all for seeing this again, with beings composed of elements that fall under her purview. We hot this with Hydroman and Stardust in FF, and I'd also like to see it with an air (like she did to Malekith in Marvel Adventures) and an electric elemental (like Electro). And rob the oxygen from a fire elemental to render them powerless and suffocated into submission.

Energy beings beware! I am all for seeing this again, with beings composed of elements that fall under her purview. We hot this with Hydroman and Stardust in FF, and I'd also like to see it with an air (like she did to Malekith in Marvel Adventures) and an electric elemental (like Electro). And rob the oxygen from a fire elemental to render them powerless and suffocated into submission.
    I'm all for her doing it to anyone considering everything has electrons lol.
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡