1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

I am so loving this Storm art.

by Austin Bantel

Link: http://themerman87.tumblr.com/

And another Storm gif

Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 04-03-2015 at 07:46 AM.

Hello storm appreciation!

How would you guys feel about Danai Gurira (Mishonne from walking dead) being cast as an adult storm in the films? Or perhaps even as an older teenager.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

How would you guys feel about Danai Gurira (Mishonne from walking dead) being cast as an adult storm in the films? Or perhaps even as an older teenager.
    Danai?

born February 14, 1978
    Height 5'7"

I think we can find somebody else who would fit better as Storm.

Michonne is my favourite character on the Walking Dead, I would love this casting. Her or Lupita would be my dream. But I know it will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Danai?

born February 14, 1978
    Height 5'7"

Those pictures just sealed the deal for me, she would rock the role of Storm. And while not tall, she is still taller than Halle...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Those pictures just sealed the deal for me, she would rock the role of Storm. And while not tall, she is still taller than Halle...
    She doesn';t look like Storm to me.

Can we at least agree that she looks more like Storm than Halle Berry does?

plus she actually has a genuine accent, background, and interest in the culture.

Storm to me is a beutiful black woman with white hair and blue eyes. Danai and Lupita are beutiful black women, give them contacts and a white wig and you've got Storm. They also know African culture and can pull off the accent, but the main thing is the attitude. Halle had none of Storm's regal poise or firery personality. Both Lupita and Danai could give us that. Look at your Avatar, that image of Storm looks more like them than the actual actresses playing Storm.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Alternate Phoenix Five by Pryce14
    Whoa, that is awesome. :-o Now that I'd like to see.

I've wanted her as Storm since I saw her as Michonne, lol. The more I see of Michonne, the more I'm convinced Danai would do a great job with Storm.

I'm no longer on the Lupita train, but elsewhere this other actress was brought up as a possibility: Veronika Bozeman.

I don't know much about her acting ability, but in terms of looks, I think she's got it down pat.

Storm to me is a beutiful black woman with white hair and blue eyes. Danai and Lupita are beutiful black women, give them contacts and a white wig and you've got Storm. They also know African culture and can pull off the accent, but the main thing is the attitude. Halle had none of Storm's regal poise or firery personality. Both Lupita and Danai could give us that. Look at your Avatar, that image of Storm looks more like them than the actual actresses playing Storm.
    Agreed. :-) Although I think part of the blame for Halle's portrayal is on the director not wanting a regal, fiery Storm.

Yep! Storm #10 preview: http://www.comicbookresources.com/co...el-comics-2015

I am soooooo loving the art. Beautiful!

Also, this is what I always wanted to see. To see a lot of x-men characters in one page.

I also love the fact that more and brighter colors are being used. :-)
    Great to see art like that in the book again.

When Shark Girl was shouting "She's back! She's back!" I was thinking about Victor Ibañez and shouting "He's back! He's back!" The story's really nicely done, too. After the realization Storm made last issue, it's nice to see her stepping into the Headmistress role without complaint and without bored eyerolling. She still conducts herself like a goddess even in her normal, daily life.

Anyone else think they're about to consult Creep on the mold problem? ;-)
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

BANNED

Danai?

born February 14, 1978
    Height 5'7"

I think we can all agree you are literally the last person to that has a grasp on what storm should look like. Your colorism is showing itself again.

Danai would make an amazing Storm. Give her four inch heels and she would work fine. She's an amazing actress.

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    Danai would make an amazing Storm. Give her four inch heels and she would work fine. She's an amazing actress.

Sources:
    http://michelebandini.deviantart.com...nroe-515702545
    http://kevex777.deviantart.com/art/D...torm-519974129
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

BANNED

Can we at least agree that she looks more like Storm than Halle Berry does?

plus she actually has a genuine accent, background, and interest in the culture.
    Her face may be closer to Storm's compared to Halle Berry.

Beautiful to me are Beyonce and Tyra.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Great to see art like that in the book again.

When Shark Girl was shouting "She's back! She's back!" I was thinking about Victor Ibañez and shouting "He's back! He's back!" The story's really nicely done, too. After the realization Storm made last issue, it's nice to see her stepping into the Headmistress role without complaint and without bored eyerolling. She still conducts herself like a goddess even in her normal, daily life.

Anyone else think they're about to consult Creep on the mold problem? ;-)

Yeah. That is probably what Storm is thinking. Have Flourish/Creep take care of the mold problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    I think we can all agree you are literally the last person to that has a grasp on what storm should look like. Your colorism is showing itself again.

But she is not that beautiful.

Beautiful to me are Beyonce and Tyra.
    +
    But she is not that beautiful.
    You're walking a really thin line implying Lupita and Danai aren't beautiful. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that, but... lol.

Prεtty Pεnny

VERONIKKA BOZEMAN IS Storm. That is all I will say. I have no intention to drag this out in a one sided battle against rlaam and his obvious bias against dark girls.Oh, and the Muchonne girl too.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡