• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    I hope you are joking, right? If you are speaking of the first 3 movies, I hope you realize that Jean/Scott/Wolverine relationship had strictly nothing to do with the one they had in the movie. In fact, it's the comics that adapted to the movie and not the reverse. And, seriously, you think that there is anything even remotely related to the real Dark Phoenix Saga in those movie? They changed Scott and Jean characters worse than any others.

But anyway, we were speaking of a new movie that has nothing to do with the original 3 and about which we know strictly nothing yet.
    What I am speaking about is even more basic than this. The speaking parts the characters had in the movies reflected their true personality in the comics for Xavier, Magneto, Wolverine, Scott and Jean. In Storm's case, what came out of her mouth did not reflect her personality in the comics whatsoever. In referencing the DPS in the comics, I was trying to draw attention to how they researched out Jean's character and used elements from that to tell a story on the big screen. I'm not saying they are writing the movie plots verbatim in all minute details to the comic stories. Say what you will, but Jean's personality in the movie was very similar to the way Dark Phoenix's personality was depicted in the comics.
    Last edited by rutog98; 04-29-2015 at 12:25 PM.

Tbh Storm was more herself in DOFP. She had balls of steel in that movie. She was confident and powerful. C'mon, she channeled lightning FFS!
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Tbh Storm was more herself in DOFP. She had balls of steel in that movie. She was confident and powerful. C'mon, she channeled lightning FFS!

eeeehhh... the two seconds I saw her on screen wasn't enough time to make a fair assessment I guess :P

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    eeeehhh... the two seconds I saw her on screen wasn't enough time to make a fair assessment I guess :P
    Lol you know I always try to make something out of nothing
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

U kno I wouldn't have minded the future so much but often times it was so dark I couldn't see what was going on

Did u grab xmen 26 yet

BANNED

Did u grab xmen 26 yet
    I did. spoilers:
    Storm breaks the sound barrier and she destroys Krakoa 2 with a big lightning attack.
    end of spoilers

Does this need to be in spoiler mode? How do you do spoilers?

Thanks, Kyss!
    Last edited by rutog98; 04-29-2015 at 01:11 PM.

Did u grab xmen 26 yet
    Nah. But I'm excited!
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I did. Storm breaks the sound barrier and she destroys Krakoa 2 with a big lightning attack.

yea.. I'm excited! Can't wait for 4 to get here and to do spoilers just do it like you would quotes just change "quote" to "spoil."

Nah. But I'm excited!

Ah darn. We didn't get it this time boys :/
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I knew Singer/Fox would mess this up again. Out of Scott, Jean, Kurt, Ororo and Jubilee, only Ororo was on top of her **** when Xavier came calling(Jubes wasn't recruited by Charles, but she was living in a mall). Scott was a hustler/bank robber with Diamond Jack. Jean was in a mental hospital or super depressed at home. Kurt was about to have a stake driven thru his heart by an angry mob. Ororo was running **** in the Serengeti. So of course, she gets to be 'the troubled youth'.
    Well, it looks more like Ultimate X-Men Storm than our Earth-616 X-Men Storm.

The only way we'll get a faithful Claremont Storm is in fan films (and we have, too -- I'm sure you've seen those fan-made short films, too).

Although I will say it wasn't a good sign when they were filming Jubilee's first appearance in that mall and Scott, Jean, Kurt, and Jubes were all there but Storm wasn't, from all the set photos I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by PattiLaBelleStormfan View Post
    She gets to be a petty car thief like that pitiful Ultimate alternate version. I'm so over this movie already. Troubled youth. That's blasphemy
    Yeah, I was thinking this version's going to borrow from Ultimate X-Men comics, too, lol.

I wasn't terribly impressed with Storm's (much less complicated) history and portrayal in Ultimate X-Men when that came out, either.

But who knows, it might be good!

Or at least not terrible!

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    Literally all that line said is "troubled" and "wrong path in life". Reminder that part of Storm's history is pick pocketing in Cairo but anyways...

That's not even how I personally read this: I'm hoping for street brawler punk Storm.
    Yeah, Earth-616 Storm does have a troubled past, too. True she got her act together a lot sooner than Ultimate Storm, but that doesn't mean being a "troubled youth" isn't still a part of her background. We don't know how Bryan Singer's Teen Storm is going to be, it's a one-sentence description.

Let's hold off on brandishing the pitchforks just yet, all right?

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    I have just finished reading X-Men #26 and it is glorious. I love the team and even Rachel in this book.
    Awesome.

Sounds like it was a good showing for Storm.

I liked the group hug among the x-ladies, too. I wonder how much Monet was internally complaining about the mushy moment, though, lol.

EDIT:

Also, there is a hilarious in-joke in today's Spider-Man & the X-Men #6.

You know how all villains want to marry Storm and are always going on and on about her beauty and power and just generally be all enamored with her?

Well, check out Mr. Sinister's comments here -- this is a spoiler for the issue, so don't click unless you're ready. ;P
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 04-29-2015 at 01:25 PM.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I did. spoilers:
    Storm breaks the sound barrier and she destroys Krakoa 2 with a big lightning attack.
    end of spoilers

Thanks, Kyss!
    does anybody have any scans of the lightning?

Quote Originally Posted by Nowwaitaminute View Post
    does anybody have any scans of the lightning?
    Here ya go

Attachment 21471

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Son_Of_A_Goddess View Post
    Here ya go

Attachment 21471
    Nice!

Love Jubilee's expression, hah. ;D
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Amazing Member

Storm had to be going at least 770mph.