• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    No, controlling the electrons in anybody's nervous system who's thoughts/bodily functions/etc are governed by them would hurt/stop them unless proven otherwise. He may be a "god", but he is still flesh and blood. His thoughts and bodily functions are still governed by the electrical impulses in his nervous sytem. Storm's got him with this power.

For Thor to land a punch, he's gotta be able to get up close to Storm. That's just not gonna happen.
    No she doesn't because unlike say sinister Thor is immune to his own powers and nature attacks.

Monica Rambeau is nowhere near as powerful an energy wielder as Ororo. Not by a long shot. Storm is VASTLY more powerful than Monica. All Photon has over Storm is she has a faster travel speed. I'd say Storm is much more powerful than Captain Marvel as well. Don't know about Blue Marvel, though.
    No. Monica is more powerful than storm now and potential. Why because Monica doesn't have any limits. Don't devalue her to prop storm up.
    Monica Rambeau is the queen of my heart and life. Bow down to her then give her all your money.

Nostagia leads to stagnation and over glorifying the past. The past sucked, the present sucks, and the future will suck. Take off the rose colored glasses and don't let that jerk nostalgia trick you into thinking life was better than it really was. If 20 years from now I'm of those people that say music, tv, videogames etc. was better back in my day please hit me in the knee caps with a bat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nipower888 View Post
    No. Monica is more powerful than storm now and potential. Why because Monica doesn't have any limits. Don't devalue her to prop storm up.
    Exactly Monica had knocked down Thanos shield with no problem.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    No she doesn't because unlike say sinister Thor is immune to his own powers and nature attacks.

Apples and oranges. I don't know if Thor really is immune to the weather, but his strength/invulnerability will give him some resistance to it. That said, Ororo is not striking him with lightning, she's controlling the electrical impulses in his body that governs his motor actions, thoughts, bodily functions, etc. Immunity to weather would not stop an attack like this.

BANNED

Exactly Monica had knocked down Thanos shield with no problem.
    Storm is more powerful than Photon and has the feats to prove it. I'd take blowing up a Herald of Galactus over knocking down Thanos's shield any day.

BANNED

Storm is more powerful than Photon and has the feats to prove it. I'd take blowing up a Herald of Galactus over knocking down Thanos's shield any day.
    The herald reassembled himself in less than a fraction of a second. Monica has literally hurt Zeus before.

Why can't you just accept that people are more powerful that Storm. I get she's your favorite character but she's not the most powerful character. She's incredibly powerful especially at what I think is her full potential but Thor is a god that really only can be harmed by magic when written properly and Monica when written properly is can wield unlimited energy. If she isn't at her full potential storm is a glass cannon that can be blitzed with ease.
    Monica Rambeau is the queen of my heart and life. Bow down to her then give her all your money.

Nostagia leads to stagnation and over glorifying the past. The past sucked, the present sucks, and the future will suck. Take off the rose colored glasses and don't let that jerk nostalgia trick you into thinking life was better than it really was. If 20 years from now I'm of those people that say music, tv, videogames etc. was better back in my day please hit me in the knee caps with a bat.

BANNED

Apples and oranges. I don't know if Thor really is immune to the weather, but his strength/invulnerability will give him some resistance to it. That said, Ororo is not striking him with lightning, she's controlling the electrical impulses in his body that governs his motor actions, thoughts, bodily functions, etc. Immunity to weather would not stop an attack like this.
    No you don't accept he is immune. He has stood on the surface of the sun with thousands of hydrogen bombs going on around him while being attacked has withstood storms attacks has survived in space with no air easily as he doesn't have to breathe and has been on alien planets with no adjustment periods and plasma for air. Thor is immune to nature based attacks and storm cascading energy throughout his system isn't going to do anything to him. The only character that had ever taken control of and controlled his body against his will like that was Odin.
    Last edited by Arya; 06-06-2015 at 12:44 PM.

BANNED

Why can't you just accept that people are more powerful that Storm. I get she's your favorite character but she's not the most powerful character. She's incredibly powerful especially at what I think is her full potential but Thor is a god that really only can be harmed by magic when written properly and Monica when written properly is can wield unlimited energy. If she isn't at her full potential storm is a glass cannon that can be blitzed with ease.
    Thank you for your sanity. I don't see storm as a glass canon as she literally has defenses that can stop a Hulk's punch but she is really powerful. There are characters that are significantly more powerful than her.

Thank you for your sanity. I don't see storm as a glass canon as she literally has defenses that can stop a Hulk's punch but she is really powerful. There are characters that are significantly more powerful than her.
    I meant it more as they are fast enough to attack before storm can put up shields. Without her shields she doesn't have the durability to stand against them. Hulk isn't fast enough for her. I feel like she should take him with ease.

BANNED

I meant it more as they are fast enough to attack before storm can put up shields. Without her shields she doesn't have the durability to stand against them. Hulk isn't fast enough for her. I feel like she should take him with ease.
    That's factually correct and her winds are not powerful enough to keep Thor at bay especially since he can and has created wind that go beyond nature to attack his enemies.

BANNED

No you don't accept he is immune. He has stood on the surface of the sun with thousands of hydrogen bombs going on around him while being attacked has withstood storms attacks has survived in space with no air easily as he doesn't have to breathe and has been on alien planets with no adjustment periods and plasma for air. Thor is immune to nature based attacks and storm cascading energy throughout his system isn't going to do anything to him. The only character that had ever taken control of and controlled his body against his will like that was Odin.
    Storm is NOT cascading energy through his system to wreck his nervous system. In fact, she's not throwing ANY energy at Thor to accomplish this. She is controlling the forces within his body that governs his thoughts, motor actions and bodily functions to knock him out.

Also, you are ASSUMING that Thor is immune to the elements. Not all elementals are immune to their powers or can't be hurt by them like Storm (unless she is being PIs'd). Crystal, for instance, is not immune to fire. She can be hurt by it. Meggan is not immune to cold as she has to grow fur in order to keep from freezing in cold temperatures, etc. I believe that Thor's resistance to harm by the elements is a byproduct of the high degree of invulnerability that comes along with a person having the extreme super strength he has. He is not immune to the elements until canon says so. He does not automatically get certain aspects of Storm's powers.

That said, again, immunity would not protect somebody from Storm's attack of manipulating the electrical impulses in their nervous system.
    Last edited by rutog98; 06-06-2015 at 01:01 PM.

BANNED

There are characters more powerful than Ororo, but Photon is not one of them. When has photon generated power to equal that of a star? How about millions of stars and planets? Heck, when has photon even generated enough power to equal the energy output of a planet? When has Photon generated enough power to split a planet like a ripe melon?

Your comment that Thor can only be harmed by magic is categorically false. He gets hurt ALL the time by punches from people who are superhumanly strong.

BANNED

Storm can use her powers with less than a conscious thought. This is very plot device-like meaning Storm can believeably fight superspeed cosmic level characters and avoid being speed blitzed before she can use her powers if the writer will it so.

There are characters more powerful than Ororo, but Photon is not one of them. When has photon generated power to equal that of a star? How about millions of stars and planets? Heck, when has photon even generated enough power to equal the energy output of a planet? When has Photon generated enough power to split a planet like a ripe melon?

Your comment that Thor can only be harmed by magic is categorically false. He gets hurt ALL the time by punches from people who are superhumanly strong.
    I said when written correctly. Monica is one of them but marvel hates her so she'll rarely get cool feat but the ones she has are pretty telling of the level she's on.