10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Look, earlier in the story when Storm attacked Surfer, she was holding back a lot. She was merely trying to get his attention. He recovered from that in no time flat. However, here, she was ready to get down to business. Again, given what she did to Stardust right before coming at Surfer, the writer clearly wrote Storm at power levels to where she could do some serious damage to Surfer. Anyone who can blow apart a Herald of Galactus has the power to do serious damage to the Surfer with an attack.

Again, Storm is rarely written at these levels, but every now and then, we get confirmation of her being a Phoenix Force Jean Grey level powerhouse.
    Ok look, it has been stated on panel that Storm's powers are MUCH more powerful in space because she doesn't need a medium. But even with that it wouldn't be enough to stop a herald. I just don't see it. He's too powerful for most of earths heroes.

Look, earlier in the story when Storm attacked Surfer, she was holding back a lot. She was merely trying to get his attention. He recovered from that in no time flat. However, here, she was ready to get down to business. Again, given what she did to Stardust right before coming at Surfer, the writer clearly wrote Storm at power levels to where she could do some serious damage to Surfer. Anyone who can blow apart a Herald of Galactus has the power to do serious damage to the Surfer with an attack.

Again, Storm is rarely written at these levels, but every now and then, we get confirmation of her being a Phoenix Force Jean Grey level powerhouse.
    Nope. She can not do any serious damage to him whatsoever.

BANNED

Did the issue say he was not trying to hurt her? I pretty sure Stardust would be trying to win the fight especially given what Storm did to him right before. He would be foolish to take her powers lightly given that she can blow him apart like that.
    Storm didn't hurt him. There is nothing on that page that indicates any pain or slowing or anything other than Storm momentarily dismantling him. Storm would lose that fight if either of them got serious. In order for Storm to even be in their league she would have to turn into lightning and stop being mortal for a bit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PattiLaBelleStormfan View Post
    Ok look, it has been stated on panel that Storm's powers are MUCH more powerful in space because she doesn't need a medium. But even with that it wouldn't be enough to stop a herald. I just don't see it. He's too powerful for most of earths heroes.
    Try all not named Thor or blue marvel or Hyperion.

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    Try all not named Thor or blue marvel or Hyperion.
    Corrected: ALL earth's heroes lol. Save Thor, Blue Marvel or Hyperion

BANNED

To address the posts above:

1) I have read Silver Surfer respect threads that have scans of his feats.

2) While Storm is more powerful in space, she did not draw on those reserves of power to hurt Stardust. She is *potentially* only more powerful in space because she is in closer proximity to multiple heavenly bodies. That said, what she did to Stardust was to take the electrons from his own body for her attack. She did not draw on the energies of stars or anything like that to attack him. In other words, the attack she pulled on Stardust she could have pulled on Earth if the fight took place there.

3) You're not going to tell me a Phoenix Force Jean Grey level character can't hurt the Silver Surfer. While I agree that Storm can't hurt Silver Surfer at the power levels she is *normally* written at, this story (and a few other issues) clearly puts her powers to where she can do him some serious damage. She blew up one herald right before coming at Surfer, the other herald present, and threatened him with her full power should he remain in her way. Anyone who can blow a herald to bits has the power to do some serious harm to the Surfer. The writer's intentions were very clear in this story. Storm has the power to do serious damage to a Herald of Galactus and she proved it.

4) While I agree that Stardust was not trying to "kill" Storm, he was trying to take her out of the fight with that blast he hit her with. That's just common sense...and she tanked it unharmed! HOT DIGGITY!

That said, if Stardust were to hit Storm with a blast meant to kill her, I agree that she would die.
    Last edited by rutog98; 06-23-2015 at 11:54 AM.

BANNED

♥Another hour, another omega feats debate♥

I would love to see a Storm/Silver Surfer Team-Up though. An epic space adventure. UGH that would be fantastic!! Man I wish I could be on Storm's creative team next solo series. It would be epic....and it would be feasible

BANNED

The problem is that stardust has to stay bits. Storm tried to kill him with one of her most devastating attacks. It did nothing.

BANNED

I would love to see a Storm/Silver Surfer Team-Up though. An epic space adventure. UGH that would be fantastic!! Man I wish I could be on Storm's creative team next solo series. It would be epic....and it would be feasible
    I would love that. I would love for the silver surfer to teach Storm how to access higher levels of power.

BANNED

The problem is that stardust has to stay bits. Storm tried to kill him with one of her most devastating attacks. It did nothing.
    No, he doesn't have to stay bits. His consciousness was obviously still in tact though his body was completely dispersed. His consciousness obviously controls his powers and he was able to pull himself back together with his own abilities. This attack most certainly did hurt him. I'm sure he has been hurt on panel by other attacks from other characters that did not result in the completely discorporation of his body. I like you, but come off it. Who are you trying to kid?
    Last edited by rutog98; 06-23-2015 at 12:09 PM.

I would love that. I would love for the silver surfer to teach Storm how to access higher levels of power.
    Oh my!!! That would be stupendous!!! To help her unlock the true potential of her powers by showing her how to keep her center! Fantastic!!!!!!

No, he doesn't have to stay bits. His consciousness was obviously still in tact though his body was completely dispersed. His consciousness obviously controls his powers and he was able to pull himself back together with his own abilities. This attack most certainly did hurt him. I'm sure he has been hurt on panel by other attacks from other characters that did not result in the completely discorporation of his body. Come off it, I like you, but who are you trying to kid?
    Rutog what would you like to see in a Storm/Silver Surfer team up

BANNED

I would hate it if Silver Surfer taught Storm anything. She has demonstrated in several instances that she can wield higher levels of powers. For a writer to have him "teach" Storm would devalue her. I would rather her just accessing some of the power she usually holds back... Whenever Storm does something really impressive, she always just seems to know what do to. I always credited her oneness with the world around her and her other sight with giving her the knowledge to pull these feats.

I would LOVE to see this. I'd love to see Storm create an atmospheric bubble around herself as she flew through space alongside Surfer on the solar winds! This would have been a GREAT guest-star in her own solo title instead of reading about Callisto, Forge or that Davis guy!
    Last edited by rutog98; 06-23-2015 at 12:07 PM.

BANNED

Rutog what would you like to see in a Storm/Silver Surfer team up
    I want to see a Storm story where she confronts Ego, The Living Planet. What else would I say?
    I've been wanting to see a Storm/Ego story for a VERY long time, LOL!
    So, I'd say a Storm/Silver Surfer team-up with Ego as the foe...