• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    When I say connections I don't mean powers. I am talking about connections to arms dealers,.... Magneto has some dealings with the criminal underworld and other things that she doesn't. Not only that but when Joseph Magneto's clone was on the same team she wasn't written down and she wasn't written down when Magneto was head of the school and Storm leader of the X-men. Only in the last few years do you have anything approaching any consistency but when you look back throughout x history when bobby and Storm were on the same team or polaris or Storm were on the same team Storm was written up.
    Nowadays, though, writers have started to explore Storm's control over EM energy for purposes that overlaps with Magneto's and Polaris's powerset. I'm just saying I want to see more of that. I don't believe that we will see that if she is put on the same team as them. I'm just saying its a risk, that's all.

Regarding Magneto's connections to the criminal underworld and all, Storm has connections like that as well. In Uncanny 383, we saw she had connections to the Russian Mafia. She should also have connections to the criminal underworld in Cairo. Heck, Pak gave her more connections to the criminal underworld with that Yukio story arc. She also has ties to Madripoor via Viper who has a grudge against her and everything. There are still many aspects of Ororo's life that remains shrouded in mystery. This can be fleshed out to give her connections to whatever a writer wants to link her to. Man, she really needs a solo title badly!
    Last edited by rutog98; 08-27-2015 at 09:04 PM.

BANNED

I know what you are saying. I am saying it's a risk worth taking for the personality interplay alone. All those strong personalities on one team. Wow. Dani and Yana on the same team, coupled with the newby Dust. It's a rich character environment.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I didn't read Gambit's solo title in the 90s, but I did occassionally glance through an issue. Was he sleeping with other women in his solo while he was with Rogue? In the X-Men titles where he appeared, he was depicted as faithful to Rogue. If he is as loyal as you say when in a relationship, then consider me a Remoro shipper if Storm had to be with somebody, LOL! It would be LOTS of fun to see those two together.
    Is there a scan of Gambit getting jealous... I don't think I've seen him really envious..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiya View Post
    Is there a scan of Gambit getting jealous... I don't think I've seen him really envious..
    He was jealous when Forge kissed Ororo when she reverted back to her adult self after being reduced to a child by Nanny. That said, my only hesitation was whether or not he was a one-woman kinda guy. If he is the type of guy who can be committed to one woman in a monogamous relationship and not sleep with others, then this pairing has my blessings if it happens. Gambit would be my number 1 choice for Ororo.

He was jealous when Forge kissed Ororo when she reverted back to her adult self after being reduced to a child by Nanny. That said, my only hesitation was whether or not he was a one-woman kinda guy. If he is the type of guy who can be committed to one woman in a monogamous relationship and not sleep with others, then this pairing has my blessings if it happens. Gambit would be my number 1 choice for Ororo.
    I'm a bit lazy to type but here is a decent reply to his thoughts on fidelity. I still would like to see Mr cool jealous for the lols. http://www.gambitguild.com/repository/myths.html

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Question: In regards to Magneto and Storm: what is your favorite Storm & Magneto moment in comics?
    NEW MUTANTS #51: Birth of the Grey King of the Hellfire Club...Claremont/Nowlan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    NEW MUTANTS #51: Birth of the Grey King of the Hellfire Club...Claremont/Nowlan

This is my favorite. Hand down bar none and cemented my love for them as coworkers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiya View Post
    I'm a bit lazy to type but here is a decent reply to his thoughts on fidelity. I still would like to see Mr cool jealous for the lols. http://www.gambitguild.com/repository/myths.html
    Thanks for the link! If Storm is going to be in a relationship, my vote goes for Remy!

Thanks for the link! If Storm is going to be in a relationship, my vote goes for Remy!
    LOL I wasn't so much trying to sell you on the idea as defend the poor louts honour... but their are worse pairings and it could be fun. I think though her virtue is safe a while longer at least from Gambit who is still hung up like a lost puppy on Rogue and if I'm not mistaken very much unaccounted for post SW.

art by Magickmarker

I've wanted this ship to happen for so long!

BANNED

I would prefer Storm and Old Man Logan.

Storm tribute by John Gallagher

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Storm tribute by John Gallagher
    Wow! Nice find.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I would prefer Storm and Old Man Logan.
    I'll pass...