• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Storm is not beating Gladiator. Moving on.
    Here's a small list of people Storm can't beat.

Sentry, he's dead but still.
    Thor
    Blue marvel
    Hyperion
    Spectrum
    Silver surfer or any herald really.
    Any cosmic abstract

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post

Thor
    Blue marvel
    Hyperion
    Spectrum
    Any cosmic abstract
    And Gladiator, of course.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

And Gladiator, of course.
    Captain universe
    And a few others.

Captain universe
    And a few others.
    Like Juggernaut, Starbrand, Thor etc. Hell, the list is long.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I love Storm in space, it either forces Storm to go h2h without pis reasoning on why she cant use her powers, or allows her to cut lose with major feats that she couldn't do on earth.
    So major power display or manual badassery
    You are reading my mind .

Is it just me or UncannyXmen getting all the attention and press coverage . I haven't heard diddley squat on EX.
    I noticed this too. I'm like when the hell are we going to get an X-Position w/ Lemire on EXM, and to see more promotion for the brand new title. I think the books will do well either way since these characters all having good sized and vocal fanbases, but it would be nice to see the books promoted more (outside of fan circles) as we get closer to the release. And we do get the final issues of Uncanny this month before the relaunch, right?

I don'tthink She win against the entire Gaurd as a team, maybe one on one.
    Gladiator would be the only real threat. And even with pullingout all the stops i dont really see that happening. Though i would be on the edge of my seat for that fight
    Agreed. I think Storm can take out the guardsmen solo, but the whole compliment of their roster would be too much. And I don't see Storm taking Gladiator in a fight if they were written to their capacity. He is too fast, and while it has been shown that she can hurt him with radiation like that skrull did while mimicking her powers (sans going for the brain impulse kill) he is just too damn durable. The odds easily favor him the win. All he needs is one hit and I think he will get it.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Like Juggernaut, Starbrand, Thor etc. Hell, the list is long.
    Pretty much agreed, except I don't see what Juggernaut could really do to her though. He has no way of getting close enough to her do anything, and she could just toss his ass miles away (or off planet like she did Kenji's clones).
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Thor
    Blue marvel
    Hyperion
    Spectrum
    Any cosmic abstract
    if encountering these people in a fight i would want storm on my team. She definitely can hurt them. But doesn't stand a chance on a all out brawl.
    Storm is good for a win with either a internal attack or manipulating their own energy against them. Other than that she's a gonner.
    So lets review.
    Storm can take them out, but not through ahead to head fight its just not going to happen.

For those who dont understand look at it this way.
    Punisher is not taking colossus out in a fight.
    But provide punisher with a high powered sniper rifle with adimantium bullets colossus is going down.

Not the real Storm, but a Storm-powered Skrull, but you get the idea.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

if encountering these people in a fight i would want storm on my team. She definitely can hurt them. But doesn't stand a chance on a all out brawl.
    Storm is good for a win with either a internal attack or manipulating their own energy against them. Other than that she's a gonner.
    So lets review.
    Storm can take them out, but not through ahead to head fight its just not going to happen.
    That won't work on Hyperion, silver surfer, Thor, and quite a few other people on that list.

BANNED

Hmmm.... Storm fans, I only saw one who voted on the last day on this thread: http://community.comicbookresources....ernative-X-Men

I'm not trying to be the leader here but inform and remind.

Let's help Storm do better on polls/lists.

Anyway, that is done so there's nothing we can do about it but...

Don't forget CBR's top 100 Marvel and top 100 DC characters. You have to make a list of 10 characters from each company. Make sure to put Storm on top for her to get 10 points

Vote here: http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...s-of-all-time/

I've just edited the link so it should work now.

Except for the fact that she wouldn't.
    Yes she can.

I don'tthink She win against the entire Gaurd as a team, maybe one on one.
    Gladiator would be the only real threat. And even with pullingout all the stops i dont really see that happening. Though i would be on the edge of my seat for that fight
    Well Yogaflame posted below

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

Not the real Storm, but a Storm-powered Skrull, but you get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Gladiator's only move that would have any chance at winning a fight against Ororo is a speed blitz. If that were taken off the table, the Mistress of the Elements would have a major advantage in this fight. It would be interesting, though, to have a writer do a Storm vs. Gladiator fight (as long as Ororo wins...) where he doesn't speed blitz her at the very beginning of the fight and she doesn't go for an internal attack where she shuts down his brain by manipulating the electrons in his nervous system or some other debilitating internal attack. A fight where they try and take each other down without going all out at first as the two escalate their attacks against each other over the course of the battle resulting in them eventually going all out. It should end with Storm shutting him down with either an internal attack or by striking him with selected wavelengths from the EM spectrum which he is vulnerable to.

I think over the course of the battle, Storm could maneuver Gladitor to where a speed blitz strategy from him would be nullified. She's a smart fighter and if I were she, my number one priority would be to find some way to try and stop this attack from him before he chooses to employ this strategem.
    I agree with you.

BANNED

Gladiator flies faster than the speed of light and can only be disabled when his confidence is low. He is a legit planet buster that doesn't need to breathe. Unless Storm gets creative and used some high end feats to distract or make him feel pain she loses.
    He can be disabled even if his confidence is high if he is hit with the right kinds of attacks. Hitting him with radiation wavelengths that he is vulnerable to will hurt him. Manipulating the electrical impulses in his nervous system would certainly stop him. Manipulating the moisture in his body should be able to stop him as well. His confidence would not stop those kinds of attacks neither would his super strength, though he can literally destroy a planet with a super punch. So, Storm can beat him with small scale attacks. She would not have to tap into the cosmic reserves of power she wields in order to stop him. The biggest threat to Storm in his arsenal is his super speed. If he goes for a speed blitz, Storm's in a lot of trouble unless she can stop him with her ability to attack with "less than a conscious thought" before he can do the blitz. Granted, its a big "if" on Ororo's part if she can get to him with her ability to attack with less than a conscious thought before he gets a speed blitz off.

Thor
    Blue marvel
    Hyperion
    Spectrum
    Any cosmic abstract
    I think Storm could take Thor, personally, however, her versus the other people on your list (minus the abstracts) would be similar to her versus Gladiator.
    Last edited by rutog98; 09-07-2015 at 04:16 AM.

That won't work on Hyperion, silver surfer, Thor, and quite a few other people on that list.
    Storm has been shown to hurt and take blast from two heralds i think she can take them down only through strategic pinpoints attack not in a power brawl. Same goes for Thor. Where these people are sword and cleavers Storm is a scalpel. There are things thor can do that storm can't and vice versa.
    Thor is major onslaught of power, while storm is percise on a molecular level. Thor can hammer a sun storm can pull stray atom molecules and energy to either create or mimic a sun.

I said my piece on this situation. Im done. Don't want to turn this into a rumble thread of Storm.
    Also I've seen thor and silver surfer get slapped around by lesser folks.
    Oh and hands down Storm can go toe to toe with the hulk. I've been dying to see this fight.

BANNED

Hyperion survived the destruction of two universes no problem. The energies of this universe's crushing him didn't hurt him. Nothing Storm does will hurt him. Storm doesn't control the power cosmic. She will not hurt the surfer as every attack she has done has only annoyed him. Blue marvel is a super genius/brick that controls antimatter among other energy forms. Storm can survive most of his anti matter attacks but his durability and super strength is as strong as the sentry or hulk. Most of you know nothing about any of the characters I referenced and that lack of information is giving you false hope. Storm can take a hulk multiple hulks but a lot of these other characters are on a different level. Storm can control the energies and by products of using the power cosmic but the power cosmic itself. She can't hurt the surfer.