• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    Avoiding the worst forgotten_utopia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jorge17881 View Post
    LMFAO this is so funny. I love both cyclops & storm! this is gonna be dope. notice jean controlling cycke when they attack storm
    Be the change you want to see in the world.
    Mahatma Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    I'm still cautious about this entire movie. I'm still kind of salty about Storm's casting. I'm ready for a reboot.
    I'm right there with you. I want Shipp to do great, but I'm not too convinced yet. So far we've seen that she is able to pose dramatically when she shoots lightning or lands down after riding it; but I hope she actually conveys Storm's charisma when she's speaking/interacting with other characters. I would have liked if in one of the trailers we would have been able to hear a quote from Storm's lines in the movie.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Niffleheim

I wasn't even going to watch this movie but this gifs are justifying my initial reasons
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I'm really hoping that hair dye. Didn't Storm wear a wig in a mini way back? I can handle hair dye and wigs, but not Apocalypse being the source of her white hair.

I'm really hoping that hair dye. Didn't Storm wear a wig in a mini way back? I can handle hair dye and wigs, but not Apocalypse being the source of her white hair.
    Same. I feel like it would have to be dye, since a wig wouldn't work for that hair style, but we'll see I suppose :/

Definitely excited no matter what though, since it seems like we'll at least get more character power displays and "development" with this movie. Which is more than we got with all of the other movies, sad to say but true. Just hoping that she might bring some authenticity to the role along with that.

In that horrible Storm mini that retconned Ororo and T'Challa's first meeting, she was shown wearing a wig. But in all other instances of her past in Cairo, she was just snowtopped, or wore a beanie or something.

Personally, this trailer does nothing for me. I am sick of Singer's twisted vision of these characters and their world.

Storm helping a mad man destroy the earth is the complete inversion of her true history. She did not come to the X-Men with 'daddy issues'. Despite loosing her parents very early in life, she had a second family with Achmed El-Gibar and the other thieves. And she left that life while still a child and went on to have an epic youth as a goddess of life. I can not support this film in good conscience.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Achmed El-Gibar, never forget. He would not have left her to die unless he knew for certain she could make it. And I am TOTALLY certain they only thieved rich and mean mean real mean people who had too much money anyway or despots who caused infant employing factories to close, sending Ororo to the street.

BANNED

UXM 201 to the big screen, can that Cyclops actor cry any good?

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    In that horrible Storm mini that retconned Ororo and T'Challa's first meeting, she was shown wearing a wig. But in all other instances of her past in Cairo, she was just snowtopped, or wore a beanie or something.

Personally, this trailer does nothing for me. I am sick of Singer's twisted vision of these characters and their world.

Storm helping a mad man destroy the earth is the complete inversion of her true history. She did not come to the X-Men with 'daddy issues'. Despite loosing her parents very early in life, she had a second family with Achmed El-Gibar and the other thieves. And she left that life while still a child and went on to have an epic youth as a goddess of life. I can not support this film in good conscience.
    I don't so mind her being a horseman and then switching sides. I just wish they would reboot this franchise. I love the X-men and I don't think the movies are the worse thing ever, I just think they could do better. As long as Singer is around I don't feel thus franchise can move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Definitely excited no matter what though, since it seems like we'll at least get more character power displays and "development" with this movie. Which is more than we got with all of the other movies, sad to say but true. Just hoping that she might bring some authenticity to the role along with that.
    I do feel they'll do more with Storm thus time around. Still very cautious though.

BANNED

So Storm is on the ground as she attacks Cyclops?

BANNED

Why would Cyclops target his optic blast to the ground first and not directly to Storm?

And what kind of acting is Shipp doing as she evades the attack? or is she about to fly?

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    So Storm is on the ground as she attacks Cyclops?
    She looks like she's floating