• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

I read the reviews, and honestly I'm not remotely surprise by this. As long as Singer has his death grip on the franchise, Storm will continue to be wall paper. I heard the POC characters were underutilized.

Niffleheim

There was nary a mention on Storm in most reviews but ppl still have hope.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Spectacular Member Emilio Garra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    There was nary a mention on Storm in most reviews but ppl still have hope.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emilio Garra View Post
    indeed..

from what we as fans have gotten from singer with the X-Films I'm not sure why anyone would be hopeful especially with all that was leaked b4 the reviews were released. I don't think we can hope for a reboot. we either get marvel regaining the rights to the Xmen or we get a director/writer who takes interest in the character and gives her a role that properly characterizes her.

If not we can or should expect the same and if any director comes through and changes what and who storm was as much as singer did don't hold your breathe on getting a decent storm from fox.

at around 2:45 Olivia had some words of wisdom for singer that I wish he would have not only carried through with all the costumes but also with the characterizations of each character. his missed a great opportunity to finally get this right but I guess time will still tell reviews have been mixed. curious to see what you fellow storm fans will think of Storm in this

Also I'm seeing spoilers that she looks up to Mystique after "saving" the president in DoFP.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Also I'm seeing spoilers that she looks up to Mystique after "saving" the president in DoFP.
    Who Storm?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    I read the reviews, and honestly I'm not remotely surprise by this. As long as Singer has his death grip on the franchise, Storm will continue to be wall paper. I heard the POC characters were underutilized.
    But I;ve heard Storm has more screentime than Angel and Psylocke.

BANNED

That is true.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Who Storm?
    Yep........

I haven't seen any evidence of Storm admiring Mystique for saving the President, but it is certainly something Nightcrawler has expressed. I believe Xavier also tells Mystique that his students look up to her -- but that would be prior to her joining the team. I would think that Mystique wouldn't really be on Storm's radar, given that she's a nomadic thief in Cairo and all.

BANNED

Mystique without Destiny nor her deranged parenting skills, that's another one of the movie's offences.

BANNED

This is crap. Storm is so great herself that she doesn't look up to others. She can respect others for their accomplishments, but not look up to them. The more I hear about this movie, the less I want to see it. They are just writing out everything I love about Storm in terms of power, history, and characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    This is crap. Storm is so great herself that she doesn't look up to others. She can respect others for their accomplishments, but not look up to them. The more I hear about this movie, the less I want to see it. They are just writing out everything I love about Storm in terms of power, history, and characterization.

The billed is why I have been so adamant about not seeing the movie honestly. I don't like the fact the Storm is a horseman, but I wouldn't mind it as much if Apocalypse sought her because of the raw power she had being worshipped as a goddess. instead, they made her into this pathetic girl who needs and wants acceptance and someone to look up to, a daddy figure and that just leaves all kinds of bad tastes in my mouth.

Now let's just say I was excited to see the movie as it currently is, with the reviews Shipp doesn't have many speaking parts and she apparently has less to say than Magneto family. I mean really, what is there to be excited about if you are fan of this character? Her blocking cyclops beam with her lightning? Her blowing a car over Jean's head???

If you go let me know if its worth seeing.

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I haven't seen any evidence of Storm admiring Mystique for saving the President, but it is certainly something Nightcrawler has expressed. I believe Xavier also tells Mystique that his students look up to her -- but that would be prior to her joining the team. I would think that Mystique wouldn't really be on Storm's radar, given that she's a nomadic thief in Cairo and all.
    This is true Mystique is supposed to be her idol.